• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Omniscience League I - Main Thread

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn’t really address week 15 in my draft either, other than Huntley and 19 from Dallas, so that revelation still surprises me [I guess seeing someone be more proactive than perhaps most counts as a rational reason to fear them]. Which goes to show I was erring on the side of just trying to earn a playoff berth from the getgo to an extent. And I had a feeling Mordor would be a bloodbath. Erring on the less cautious side I probably would have deemed Jackson as worth keeping no later than week 7--not a guarantee of anything of course, there’s a greater array of possibilites with in this than I would have thought.

Congrats on the win! In 15 years off and on of FF, this has been one for the ages, put er there.

Thanks man!

You played very well. A couple small things here and the there and the result would have been flipped. That bye is a huge advantage.

It is tough though, because the earlier you pick up those late season guys, the less likely you will be able to use them.

Especially in our division where everybody was playing hard.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So waivers have run, Tlance says he's finished, and nobody available is better than the best on Sam's roster, so...

*** OMISCIENCE LEAGUE I FINALS ***

Sam 160.94

. . . at

Tlance 200.64

Congratulations to Tlance on winning in style, breaking 200 for high score for the season, in the championship match!

Good game, guys.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So waivers have run, Tlance says he's finished, and nobody available is better than the best on Sam's roster, so...

*** OMISCIENCE LEAGUE I FINALS ***

Sam 160.94

. . . at

Tlance 200.64

Congratulations to Tlance on winning in style, breaking 200 for high score for the season, in the championship match!

Good game, guys.

Good game Sam, and thanks Wil for running this. It was fun!

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks to @SmokingMonkey, @obxyankeefan, @femurov, @Chef99 for helping get this pilot league off the ground.

Thanks to @SteelersPride, @molsaniceman, @MilkSpiller22, @YourFriendGannon, @tlance and @Sam Sportboy for seeing it through.

And special thanks to @Bandit for helping figure out how to set the league up and staying in till the bitter end.
Of course. I was just along for the ride. Still a whole lot of work on a commissioner so this was completely your baby and you did a great job figuring everything out, because I know it wasn't easy on you. Just don't go burning yourself out again. Our fantasy world is always better with you in it.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course. I was just along for the ride. Still a whole lot of work on a commissioner so this was completely your baby and you did a great job figuring everything out, because I know it wasn't easy on you. Just don't go burning yourself out again. Our fantasy world is always better with you in it.
:suds:

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gonna kill off this league on Fantrax in a week or so, so it doesn't annoy us with alerts. Unless somebody has an idea why we should keep it around.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gonna kill off this league on Fantrax in a week or so, so it doesn't annoy us with alerts. Unless somebody has an idea why we should keep it around.

Actually. Can you rewind it to draft day?? Play out the whole season?? See what would happen. Would be interesting.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can set the teams back to their post-draft rosters if you want to go through week by week and post here.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can set the teams back to their post-draft rosters if you want to go through week by week and post here.

Sure. Let it stay up for a little. I’ll have fun with it. I always wanted to do a after the fact league(similar to the one we did) but with no transactions at all.

I think if done properly it can show you whether there is a dominant draft strategy.

Now I know it won’t work out perfectly since we drafted for a league with specific rules. So the experiment won’t be perfect. But neither was our league.

I’d probably have to change the rules to make it more meaningful.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure. Let it stay up for a little. I’ll have fun with it. I always wanted to do a after the fact league(similar to the one we did) but with no transactions at all.

I think if done properly it can show you whether there is a dominant draft strategy.

Now I know it won’t work out perfectly since we drafted for a league with specific rules. So the experiment won’t be perfect. But neither was our league.

I’d probably have to change the rules to make it more meaningful.

Looking at the results from this league and applying different rules won’t show anything at all because every single pick people made would have been different in a “no transaction” league.

The dominant draft strategy for this was proven. Load up early and play week to week.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do I feel like this is your attempt to validate your own strategy that didn’t work?

Looking at the results from this league and applying different rules won’t show anything at all because every single pick people made would have been different in a “no transaction” league.

The dominant draft strategy for this was proven. Load up early and play week to week.
To be fair, he did suggest a league along those lines before our league even started.

@MilkSpiller22 - this league would still have had predictable matchups, so people would still tailor their draft to fit matchups rather than according to a strategy that could apply if you don't know per-game production in advance.

To evaluate strategy in terms of when to pick certain positions, or certain players relative to their expected strength at their position, I think all you have to do is go back and analyze the results of the suicide leagues.