• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Oline assessment

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, after last nights painful game I feel the need to waste my morning at work and write up a small report on our Oline after preseason week #2. I will try not to nag or call the players names in order to keep this thread from being merged with the Negativity Thread. But no promises :P

Lets Start with the good.

RT - Havenstein
For the most part he played pretty well in Run blocking and pass protection. Other than the holding call he held his own and provided some nice plays in the first couple series. He didn't provide much push on the right side but I expect it to get better as the season goes.

RG - Brown
Like Havenstein he played fairly well. He had a couple small missed assignments but it's to be expected for rookies to have mental breakdowns from time to time. However, I'm stoked that physically he can hold his own at this point. We'll know more as the season goes as he and Rob will see lots of stunts and blitz packages.

And now the baaaaaad

C - Demetrius Rhaney
Can we all agree that the Ryaney experiment is OVER!! This guy can not play, PERIOD. I watched him play after play get pushed back into Foles. And when he wasn't getting pushed back he was getting beat like a drum. I'm sick of hearing of his athleticism. When will this guy ever get to the second level??? He can't even get past his first block. I don't know what Fisher sees in this guy,

LG - Washington
Like Rhaney, the experiment is over! He got beat pretty bad a couple of times last night and it was laughable. I keep hearing how strong Washington is and if he gets his hands on you it's over. BS!!! He looked like he was on skates last night on multiple plays. He didn't play as bad as Rhaney but God help us when Saffold goes down this season.

LT - Robinson
So, I wouldn't called Robinson's performance last night terrible or anything. He had some bright spots and some mental lapses that he needs to get tightened up before regular season starts. Hopefully he can pull it together and get the mental reps he needs to be ready for week one. Because we all know Seattle is gonna bring it.

We can all agree the most important thing with a successful Oline is continuity and gelling with the guy next to you. However, Fishers approach seems to be, lets see how many different Oline positions each guy play. While it's nice to have a guy like Saffold or Jones be able to play almost any position our coaches have to realize not ever player has that type of versatility. Point is, they need to make a decision on who's our Starting 5 and STICK WITH IT! or it's going to be a long first half of the season.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree jacobarch. The Rams totally screwed up by not drafting one of the many centers in this last draft and even Boudreau can't fix Barnes, Jones, AND Rhaney. Add Washington to that mix. These are simply bad players masquerading as competent pros. But we did draft a boatload of tackles though. Geez.

The right side of the Oline is going to be good. Brown is legit and so will be Havenstein. GRob will come around in the lazy system of Fisher. The problem right now we have is Washington and Rhaney as you stated. I watched those two as well and the Titans three-man front were getting penetration over those two all night long.

Perhaps Wichmann can play center and Donnal can step in at LG. Otherwise we have Reynolds, who is primarily a tackle and a couple more PS players. I'd say, we are going to either sign a cast-off or wait till the next draft to get the guy we should have drafted this year. More of the same BS.

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I personally think Jones will be ok. He just needs playing time. I think he will surprise us by end of the season. He's a solid player and there's no reason why he shouldn't be better than say... last years Wells. Barnes is serviceable and he's proven that when he has to step in. He's no long term answer but he can at least fill in when needed. Washington should be cut by end of preseason and we should sign a LG vet like Mathis. I was against signing him at first but after seeing Washington get pushed around and bullied we're in need of someone who can fill in for a game or two.

I hope you're right about Grob. I saw a couple of plays where he was downblocking when he should have broke out from the group. Sometimes it almost looks like he's playing guard still lol. I'm sure it's getting used to the zone blocking scheme.

At this point I don't think we should be putting Wichmann or Donnal in at center. If anything they should have done this before camp started. I fear that would only confuse these young guys even more.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Robinson will be fine, good to see the two rooks looking good. We need a center more badly then Ashley Madison members need excuses for the wife.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Mathis is all used up. We have a couple of guards we can plug in yet before we go searching for refuse pile guards.

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dunno He played pretty good last year he got released because he wanted way too much $$$. He also went to the pro bowl last year. Even if he's half as good as we was last year he'll be a hell of an upgrade over Washington.

Jermaine133

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I seriously would take him over the rejects that we continue to keep around because of the "so called versatility". Besides like Jacob mentioned, he made the probowl and still plays at a high level. Keep fooling yourselves thinking he's on the same level as Scott "the bum" Wells.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, if he is that good, why did we sign Reynolds and not Mathis?

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I seriously would take him over the rejects that we continue to keep around because of the "so called versatility". Besides like Jacob mentioned, he made the probowl and still plays at a high level. Keep fooling yourselves thinking he's on the same level as Scott "the bum" Wells.

Troof

By jermaine "the main meng"

Lol@ so many projects with versatility.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would take Mathis. Right now our fearless leader of the Oline is Saffold.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Expect to see Jones/Barnes at Center this week against the Colts and may be Wichmann and Bond at LG.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mathis signed with Denver.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well there you have it. Apparently Denver thinks Mathis still can play and the Rams do not.

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well there you have it. Apparently Denver thinks Mathis still can play and the Rams do not.

it's interesting that Mathis only had meetings with teams whom are considered by most to be playoff or superbowl contenders this year. I wouldn't be surprised if the Rams didn't have a shot at obtaining Mathis. Sounded like he wanted to play for a better team. JMO.

On a side note,
Can we get the pope out here to bless Saffold?

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it's interesting that Mathis only had meetings with teams whom are considered by most to be playoff or superbowl contenders this year. I wouldn't be surprised if the Rams didn't have a shot at obtaining Mathis. Sounded like he wanted to play for a better team. JMO.

On a side note,
Can we get the pope out here to bless Saffold?

Why just Saffold? Lets have him bless the whole damn team :2cents:

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey wait!

That comment is just not Kosher!!

Oh wait............

Or is it?

I'm so confused!

:lol:

Hey, we can get a Rabbi too, no problem there, just doubt there are enough Jewish players in our locker room to appreciate it :suds: would be great seeing them all in yarmulke's though!!!