• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Old School Fantasy Legends League

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congratulations you are all complia . . . Wait, my producer just whispered in my ear that some asshole Canadian still has 27 on his roster. I'm not going to mention names but it rhymes with schmaschmilko.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congratulations you are all complia . . . Wait, my producer just whispered in my ear that some asshole Canadian still has 27 on his roster. I'm not going to mention names but it rhymes with schmaschmilko.
Maybe he's banking on the Jets putting Rodgers on IR pre week 1 this year?

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Bandit @TREFF @leftypower

I thought waivers would run WED then players would be FA until their games kickoff. Site is showing waivers run on Friday now, after TNF (in both leagues)

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Bandit @TREFF @leftypower

I thought waivers would run WED then players would be FA until their games kickoff. Site is showing waivers run on Friday now, after TNF (in both leagues)
that one is all for @Bandit
I know an adjustment was just made on that- but the what/why/how, I assume there was a reason, pr perhaps just an oopsie?

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that one is all for @Bandit
I know an adjustment was just made on that- but the what/why/how, I assume there was a reason, pr perhaps just an oopsie?
No clue here - I'll see him this evening and ask. .....

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the reason it runs on Wednesday and Friday is because if you drop somebody on Wednesday they go on waivers, which means no other team would be able to pick the player you dropped up until the following Wednesday which doesn't make any sense. So the only way to make them available the same week is to have waivers run again on Friday. It's been that way in my league and Old School the whole time. Waivers still run on Wednesday and then everybody that clears waivers is still a free agent after that. It just got messed up this week because I added the Friday back in there too late for waivers to clear on Wednesday. No big deal, I just cleared all waiver claims right now and everybody will be a free agent until their respective games this week.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the reason it runs on Wednesday and Friday is because if you drop somebody on Wednesday they go on waivers, which means no other team would be able to pick the player you dropped up until the following Wednesday which doesn't make any sense. So the only way to make them available the same week is to have waivers run again on Friday. It's been that way in my league and Old School the whole time. Waivers still run on Wednesday and then everybody that clears waivers is still a free agent after that. It just got messed up this week because I added the Friday back in there too late for waivers to clear on Wednesday. No big deal, I just cleared all waiver claims right now and everybody will be a free agent until their respective games this week.
I knew there was a reason, and as suspected, it was just a timing oopsie

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright, who wants them some Isiah Likely?? Get him now
I tried in the off-season and thought the price was too high. Can't imagine what it is now.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tried in the off-season and thought the price was too high. Can't imagine what it is now.
You did? Shit I can't even recall what it mightve been.

I didn't have him until May, and can't find any offer or conversations about him...hmm.. now I'm curious as to what the offer was and why I didn't take it, cuz I had 3 TE's in the block all offseason, and can't remember a sniff. And not being a smartass, I genuinely don't recall.

Last edited:

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You did? Shit I can't even recall what it mightve been.

I didn't have him until May, and can't find any offer or conversations about him...hmm.. now I'm curious as to what the offer was and why I didn't take it, cuz I had 3 TE's in the block all offseason, and can't remember a sniff. And not being a smartass, I genuinely don't recall.
You know what. You're completely right. It was Sam & Wil we tried to get him from and then they ended up sending him to you during the draft to move up a few spots. Totally my bad. We sent them four different offers for him before the draft.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know what. You're completely right. It was Sam & Wil we tried to get him from and then they ended up sending him to you during the draft to move up a few spots. Totally my bad. We sent them four different offers for him before the draft.
well shit, that explains it. My inbox is open.. ;)

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oop! What happened to the schedule?

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Lefty noticed that it was messed up because there weren't any division games being played this week. I checked it and I have no idea what happened because I set it right after the divisions were set up and apparently it somehow got screwed up and the same thing happened in my dynasty league. I have set the division games for weeks 2-4 and duplicated them weeks 12-14. The problem is that week 1 is just going to be an anomaly. You might play the team you played week 1 again and you might not, but there was no way to correct week 1 because one of the divisions had three teams go 1-0 and one of the divisions had three teams go 0-1 and there was one division game played, so if I changed the week 1 matchups to match what was supposed to happen, then some people's records would have been changed. I did the best I could with the rest of the season.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Lefty noticed that it was messed up because there weren't any division games being played this week. I checked it and I have no idea what happened because I set it right after the divisions were set up and apparently it somehow got screwed up and the same thing happened in my dynasty league. I have set the division games for weeks 2-4 and duplicated them weeks 12-14. The problem is that week 1 is just going to be an anomaly. You might play the team you played week 1 again and you might not, but there was no way to correct week 1 because one of the divisions had three teams go 1-0 and one of the divisions had three teams go 0-1 and there was one division game played, so if I changed the week 1 matchups to match what was supposed to happen, then some people's records would have been changed. I did the best I could with the rest of the season.

I'm still going against James Cook this week so I think you need to keep adjusting the schedule for week 2

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A commish can only do so much - especially when the site randomly changes shit around. ..... it just sucks that these professionally built sites can even put together a friggin schedule correctly - or at least leave what's been redone alone.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well sheeet..
Sorry y'all. I guess I take the approach of,- whomever shows up in my schedule is who I play- I've never really cared to look to check in division/ non division , so I never double checked this one either.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to miss Tyreek's 5.1 from TKO's squad [waves a tearful farewell]

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It didn't save me a thing - - I still play the powerhouse known as Bo Knows Fantasy. At least my 29 from Cook will make me feel better about it in the end. ...