• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Old School Fantasy Legends League

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's been awhile and it's the off-season, so why not have some fun. Somebody was mentioning trying to find foot on a different thread so I looked up his MBBRL profile sheet and posted it there and decided that if anybody wanted to fill out an updated one on this thread they could since it's been a few years: I'll get it started:

Name: Brian son of Doug and Gretchen, brother of Scott

Fantasy Screen Name: bandit

Why that name? Because Burt Reynolds is cool and it sounded much better than Gabby's Daddy which was my original name. LOL.

City and State of Residence: Titusville, FL

Time Zone: Eastern

Married or Single: Married for 20 years to Dana

Children: Have two kids, Gabby (10) and Evan (8)

Occupation (If retired, list your occupation prior to retirement also): Still selling insurance from home

Work hours: All freaking day especially with the nightmare that is the Florida home insurance market right now.

When do you post to SportsHoopla: Normally late at night, but I check in during the day to see if anybody has posted to the threads I have on the watch list and I'll reply to them. You will never see me post early in the morning though.

What SportsHoopla boards are you active on? This one, D1, Bandit's Dynasty League, and the Fantasy Football News and Rumors one

Who is your favorite NFL team (if you have one)?
Still the Dolphins. Still waiting for another Super Bowl appearance since I was 7.

How long have you been playing fantasy football? Well it's been 18 years now, although really 2006 was the year that I started my main league that I am commissioner of. Before then I had no idea what the hell I was doing.

Why did you start playing fantasy football? Honestly now that I've had more time to reflect on this, I think it was something that replaced poker in my life. We used to play a lot of poker and I got to a point that I would get so frustrated and pissed off when I lost a hand that I played correctly and just got outluckied that I had to just stop playing. Fantasy football gave me another outlet for that gambling/numbers mentality.

What brought you to the MBBRL? I came in as a member of the My Wife Hates Sundays crew to be a writer. Once that went down the toilet, Lefty and Wil nominated me for the B league the next year of the MBBRL.

How many MBBRL football leagues are you a member of? 1 now, just D1.

How many other fantasy football leagues are you typically in? I was in 13 total pay leagues last year.

How many leagues did you make the playoffs in and how many did you win? I made the playoffs in 8 of 13 and I only won 1 of them.

What’s your favorite thing about fantasy football? It's trades now. Dynasty trades. I don't think anything else gets the juices flowing like trading does.

On a scale of 1 to 10, rate your ability to talk smack on the message boards?
4 and getting more mellow as the years go by.

What do you consider your strongest fantasy football attribute? It's the waiver wire and trading. I'm normally pretty good at both of those things.

What do you consider your weakest fantasy football attribute? It's setting my damn lineup correctly. I overthink shit way too much on Sunday mornings and it usually bites me in the ass.

What fantasy player(s) pissed you off the most with their performance last year and it makes you think twice about owning them this year? Well I dumped Allen Robinson before the season in most leagues, although I'm sure he will be Treff's answer here. I'm going with Justin Herbert though. I owned him in a lot of places and he was just mildly decent most of the season.

What fantasy player(s) did you say you wouldn't draft last year that came back to bite you in the ass? Well this list is bigger. LOL. Josh Jacobs and Miles Sanders were the two big ones. Although I missed big on Tyreek Hill too. I didn't think Tua could throw it far enough to get it to him. I was right, but he just ran shorter routes and then ran by everybody instead.

Who is one player that had a great run in the fantasy playoffs for you that you'll always have fond memories of because they won you the championship? That would be Todd Gurley for me and the run he had in the fantasy playoffs in 2017.

Week 14 - 13 carries 96 yards and 2 touchdowns, 3 catches 39 yards = 28.5 PPR fantasy points
Week 15 - 21 carries 152 yards and 3 touchdowns, 3 catches 28 yards and 1 touchdown = 45 PPR fantasy points
Week 16 - 22 carries 118 yards, 10 catches 158 yards and 2 touchdowns = 49.6 PPR fantasy points

Tell us one funny/amazing/horrible story involving your fantasy football career:
Here's one I don't think I've told before. This was in one of my big money leagues on CBS and I'm not even sure to this day how it happened, but I was setting my lineup before the games on Sunday using the phone app and for whatever reason I thought I switched out a running back for a running back. I was at the Dolphins game in a luxury box because we got invited by an insurance company and I wasn't paying any attention at all to fantasy scores as I never look at anything until Sunday night anyway in regards to fantasy. When I finally checked my phone I saw that one of my friends had been blowing up my phone telling me that I had an illegal lineup in that league. When I went in there, CBS had allowed me to put 3 running backs in my starting lineup which gave me an illegal lineup and 0 points for the matchup. The commissioner wouldn't change any of it, not offering to just give me the two lowest running back scores out of the 3 or anything and I ended up missing the playoffs that year by less than 20 points after getting a 0 for that week. Still have no idea why CBS's system would even allow that lineup to be submitted.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sly under the radar move from Lefty snagging Dean...dude was my favorite IDP in the draft last year, could be set to be a stud in year two, surrounded by a bunch of all pro level defenders on that Eagles D

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sly under the radar move from Lefty snagging Dean...dude was my favorite IDP in the draft last year, could be set to be a stud in year two, surrounded by a bunch of all pro level defenders on that Eagles D
There was just too much uncertainty with Gay. .... figured with Edwards out of town perhaps he shines.
BTW - the Carraway's are back from the Alaska trip - gotta say for a FL boys it's was certainly a major difference in scenery. .... the glacier was beautiful
20230616_093455_resized.jpg

Last edited:

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was just too much uncertainty with Gay. .... figured with Edwards out of town perhaps he shines.
BTW - the Carraway's are back from the Alaska trip - gotta say for a FL boys it's was certainly a major difference in scenery. .... the glacier was beautiful
View attachment 332042
Let the trading begin

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
View attachment 332042
We've got our Alaska cruise set for second week of September (I swear the missus schedules this shit just to f with my fantasy football).

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We've got our Alaska cruise set for second week of September (I swear the missus schedules this shit just to f with my fantasy football).
I imagine you'll have much different weather in Sep - highs were 50's and low's 40"s in June. Certainly wasn't much sunshine and rainy. But it was a still a very welcome break from the 90"s we left.

Yellow Fuzzies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that's why I'm the one that plans all of our vacations. LOL.
I backpacked for 45 years. Luckily, I was only off grid during baseball fantasy season. Now that I am retired, I can take my laptop anywhere we go.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, bored so I updated all my trade blocks - - - still not a peep. ... what a dead time of yr.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, bored so I updated all my trade blocks - - - still not a peep. ... what a dead time of yr.
Just checked from my phone - can’t figure out how to get to trade block, transaction history…

Clemson74

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just checked from my phone - can’t figure out how to get to trade block, transaction history…
They updated the app. I’m still figuring out how to navigate to everything. Seems like a few more steps to get where you want to go than it used to be. Looks nice though.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crappy time of the year in general...but with SO many RB questions..Zeke, Fournette, Cook...unsigned franchise guys...

Just far too many questions, scared to make a move one way or the other

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have to hold the phone sideways and scroll up on the left hand side. Transactions is second from the bottom, trade block is there.

Looks completely different than it used to.