• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Old School Fantasy Legends League

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As one third of the three headed monster CBC (commish by commitee), I think I could safely say all of us are always willing to listen to ideas that may improve the overall enjoyment of the league, so by all means, flesh that sucker out and lets see what it would look like and we'll talk about integrating it if it seems like it could add to the league.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
interesting concept here...would you be willing to volunteer and run the numbers for this season to show what that would look like?

with it encompassing the 'non-playoff teams' there's 3-4 that we won't know their fate possibly up until the final week of the regular season.
if you cut a guy from your roster, does Fantrax still show that guy on your bench in past scoring weeks?

feel like you open a lot of additional work for the commish when trying to come up with a mathematical way vs H2H or total pts scored
I think CBS used to calculate this automatically back in the day. Maybe we can ask Fantrax to add it.

The scoring in Fantrax does show the right bench players for that week if we want to do it manually. It is work for somebody the way it's set up right now.

I'll take a crack at it.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's what it would have been for Week 11 (leaving out the three current 9-3 teams):

1669937687589.png

It's a drag to do, though, because there isn't a good way to get the data out.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's what it would have been for Week 11 (leaving out the three current 9-3 teams):

View attachment 315488

It's a drag to do, though, because there isn't a good way to get the data out.

Since I left a ton of pts on the bench last couple weeks, I appreciate you leaving the 9-3 off the list, I'd be giving Femurov a run for his money

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since I left a ton of pts on the bench last couple weeks, I appreciate you leaving the 9-3 off the list, I'd be giving Femurov a run for his money
Róndale Moore having one carry and no targets really screwed my %. Especially since I started him at Flex, where Jonnu Smith had one of his “best” games on my bench. Only reason I havent cut him is there is nobody on waivers. He’s been almost unplayable all year.

Not that I feel a need to be defensive. But I feel a need to be defensive.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think as interesting an idea as that is, the whole point of giving the team with the least amount of points the 1st pick is because they need the most help. I have a hard time with anything that would give the first team out of the playoffs the exact same chance at the first pick as the team that finishes last when they could outscore them by 300 or 400 points. You also run into problems with teams that don't own their first round pick next year because they would have no incentive to care at all when the pick was. There's not as much first round trading in this league as in all of my other dynasty leagues. Hell in mine next year the first three picks will all be traded picks. In redraft leagues where the draft the next year is reverse order of standings, I could understand something like that, but I just don't think it works in dynasty.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think as interesting an idea as that is, the whole point of giving the team with the least amount of points the 1st pick is because they need the most help. I have a hard time with anything that would give the first team out of the playoffs the exact same chance at the first pick as the team that finishes last when they could outscore them by 300 or 400 points. You also run into problems with teams that don't own their first round pick next year because they would have no incentive to care at all when the pick was. There's not as much first round trading in this league as in all of my other dynasty leagues. Hell in mine next year the first three picks will all be traded picks. In redraft leagues where the draft the next year is reverse order of standings, I could understand something like that, but I just don't think it works in dynasty.

I can’t remember having my first round pick across three dynasties. Might have been each inaugural draft.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My proposal (starting next year):
  • For non-playoff teams, calculate "manager score" for weeks 11-14. Manager score would be: actual points / maximum possible points
  • Picks go by manager score. Highest manager score picks first, lowest picks sixth.
That way Smitty and I would be busy trying to maximize our lineups in an otherwise meaningless game, and Bar would maximize his lineup in an important game for the league without it hurting his draft status.
Wil, that only works IF the teams involved still have their own 1st. Last yr I went for a rebuild and traded high profile assets for a number of 1st to make that move. Ended up with some early ones which was the goal. So, perhaps that would do something this inapplicable yr since most still have their own 1st - but perhaps nothing in the future if they don't own the pick anyway. Personally, I think it just further hurts the trade market.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dang did not realize Lefty dropped Robinson. I'd of given him something for him.
Possibly the best thing AROB did for me all year. Moving him to IR got me searching FA's, and there was finally someone worthy of grabbing...even if it's primarily with the hopes he goes elsewhere and gets that achillies better. If he does anything this year, great, but I'm not banking on it
Probably should have shopped him - it was an impulsive thing.
Like Harold, I would've given something..I dunno what..but something

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Possibly the best thing AROB did for me all year. Moving him to IR got me searching FA's, and there was finally someone worthy of grabbing...even if it's primarily with the hopes he goes elsewhere and gets that achillies better. If he does anything this year, great, but I'm not banking on it

Like Harold, I would've given something..I dunno what..but something
Guess I missed the boat on that one - - oh well. Hope he gives you more than he gave me.
On the good news side of my team - we had a Cook sighting last night. ...

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guess I missed the boat on that one - - oh well. Hope he gives you more than he gave me.
On the good news side of my team - we had a Cook sighting last night. ...

He looked good, really makes that Hines trade a head scratcher

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So strange seeing my name towards the bottom of the waiver order...crazy
I can't believe you put in a claim. You've been at the top in my league and this league for like two freaking years.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't believe you put in a claim. You've been at the top in my league and this league for like two freaking years.
Well, I guess he likes him. .... heck I would've dealt him for the ww spot. ... live and learn I suppose.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can’t remember having my first round pick across three dynasties. Might have been each inaugural draft.
Having three picks in this league is more than I usually have in all my dynasties combined.

But there’s still A LOT of time before our draft…

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I won't say that it was an easy decision, I'd have rather traded a 5th for him :)

But, seeing as I'm bored to death sitting at my stupid desk- my thought process was basically-
#1 I have no #1 or #2 for next year, so my chances of scoring a RB that MIGHT contribute are totally tied to finding next year's Elijah Mitchell/Isiah Pacheco (James Robinson). I put the percentage on that happening at maybe 10-20%
#2 While I still have next to zero faith on RB's coming off Achilles injuries, JROB did come out swinging early this year, so MAYBE, given another offseason of rest/rehab, perhaps he'll have a Donta Foreman-esque resurgence next year or so. And MAYBE he signs on with a team in '23 that he gets a shot at the job. I put the percentage of that happening at right around 50/50, maybe 40% if I'm being pessimistic

So the waiver claim was a better bet to hedge on for having another viable RB next year, than taking 3 shots in the dark in the late rounds of the draft next year. and the way most of y'all claim guys, I'll work my way back into the upper half of the priority order soon enough. Might not ever get around Barilko or Bandit, but I'll get up there again.

And shoot, there's always the possibility that here goes nuts in New York to close out the year. I don't buy for a second that Zonovan Knight is suddenly the defacto RB without Carter around, with no reasoning behind it other than Carter wasn't active last week while Knight was. There are reasons why that might be the case outside of Knight is better...I mean if that was the case, and Knight had been on the roster since May where they've had ample time to evaluate what he can and cannot do, why did they trade for Robinson?

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I won't say that it was an easy decision, I'd have rather traded a 5th for him :)

But, seeing as I'm bored to death sitting at my stupid desk- my thought process was basically-
#1 I have no #1 or #2 for next year, so my chances of scoring a RB that MIGHT contribute are totally tied to finding next year's Elijah Mitchell/Isiah Pacheco (James Robinson). I put the percentage on that happening at maybe 10-20%
#2 While I still have next to zero faith on RB's coming off Achilles injuries, JROB did come out swinging early this year, so MAYBE, given another offseason of rest/rehab, perhaps he'll have a Donta Foreman-esque resurgence next year or so. And MAYBE he signs on with a team in '23 that he gets a shot at the job. I put the percentage of that happening at right around 50/50, maybe 40% if I'm being pessimistic

So the waiver claim was a better bet to hedge on for having another viable RB next year, than taking 3 shots in the dark in the late rounds of the draft next year. and the way most of y'all claim guys, I'll work my way back into the upper half of the priority order soon enough. Might not ever get around Barilko or Bandit, but I'll get up there again.

And shoot, there's always the possibility that here goes nuts in New York to close out the year. I don't buy for a second that Zonovan Knight is suddenly the defacto RB without Carter around, with no reasoning behind it other than Carter wasn't active last week while Knight was. There are reasons why that might be the case outside of Knight is better...I mean if that was the case, and Knight had been on the roster since May where they've had ample time to evaluate what he can and cannot do, why did they trade for Robinson?
Well, that was a lot of thought and scenario speculation- - things must really be boring at work. .....