• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Olajuwon To Mentor Howard

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Olajuwon to join Rockets' coaching staff to mentor Howard - CBSSports.com

This could be a great move by the Rockets. Olajuwon is another one of those guys that get a ton of respect because of the way he conducted himself on and off the court.

On the negative side, I think this shows one of the real weaknesses in Dwight Howard's game and life.

Immaturity!

A team should not be having to hire a special mentor for a guy who is an 8, 9, 10-year NBA veteran! He should be mentoring people.

This is why there are many of us, even non-Laker fans, who are skeptical about whether or nor Dwight can be The Man on a team and win a title.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This could be a great move by the Rockets. Olajuwon is another one of those guys that get a ton of respect because of the way he conducted himself on and off the court.

On the negative side, I think this shows one of the real weaknesses in Dwight Howard's game and life.

Immaturity!

A team should not be having to hire a special mentor for a guy who is an 8, 9, 10-year NBA veteran! He should be mentoring people.

This is why there are many of us, even non-Laker fans, who are skeptical about whether or nor Dwight can be The Man on a team and win a title.

:agree: Yep....sounds about right.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that is a silly line of thinking.

dwight was immature but being mentored shows he is progressing as a person and putting aside his arrogance to be a better basketball player which is something every player should be striving for every offseason and as often as they they can.

Should he have been mentored by the greats several years ago? Of course, but if you are a player you should constantly be progressing, this is one of those ways. Better late than never.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Olajuwon had some of the best low post footwork ever and was quick. It will be interesting if Dwight can pick up any of that from Olajuwon. Dwight's low post footwork is not that good. He's more of a power post player.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure why Howard would listen to hakeem when he didnt want to listen to Shaq when he offered help or Kobe when he offered help. A 27 year old that still needs mentoring is like a 16 year old that still needs a babysitter.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure why Howard would listen to hakeem when he didnt want to listen to Shaq when he offered help or Kobe when he offered help. A 27 year old that still needs mentoring is like a 16 year old that still needs a babysitter.

He is growing as a person?

LOL at what Kobe was offering being help. Kobe was trying to be the baby sitter, Dwight said he doesn't need one.

When did Shaq offer help? Was that before or after he takes public shot after public shot at Dwight? and how much was the price?

Either way Shaq and other retirees need to leave it alone.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LOL at what Kobe was offering being help. Kobe was trying to be the baby sitter, Dwight said he doesn't need one.

When did Shaq offer help? Was that before or after he takes public shot after public shot at Dwight? and how much was the price?

It was before. Shaq takes shots at Dwight because Dwight thinks hes better than anyone who has ever played the game at his postion ( only logical conclusion since otherwise why not take Shaqs help??). A guy that believes he is above needing help and then fails miserably time after time and looks like an ass doing it deserves all the negative pub he gets. I disliked DH before he came to LA and his time with the Lakers just showed me I was right in my impressions of him.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL hate away, that is your prerogative.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I can say to Olajuwon is Good Luck!!

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

C'mon BOT!! Steve Freaking Nash, a 90%+ career free throw shooter (one of the most accurate in NBA history) offered to help Dwight with his free throws while they were on the same team and Dwight said: "Thank you, but No"!!

For the sake of Rockets fans, I hope Olajuwon can get through to him, but I wouldn't hold my breath!!

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Immaturity!

So far I have heard only excuses that tells me Dwight will never be the man as they say. We will see, but when a player says championships don't matter - that's a red flag

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hasn't he worked with him before?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to be laughing all year at all the Dwight haters when the Rockets are a top 3 team in the West. Everyone is killing this dude because he didn't want to play with that ballhogging Kobe and that joke of a coach in Dantoni, while playing the entire year hurt. If I was Dwight I would have taking the first ride out of town as well. Kobe does nothing but get all the glory when the team wins and points the finger at everyone else when they lose. Dwight made the right decision.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to be laughing all year at all the Dwight haters when the Rockets are a top 3 team in the West. Everyone is killing this dude because he didn't want to play with that ballhogging Kobe and that joke of a coach in Dantoni, while playing the entire year hurt. If I was Dwight I would have taking the first ride out of town as well. Kobe does nothing but get all the glory when the team wins and points the finger at everyone else when they lose. Dwight made the right decision.

Yeah, because after all, it's not like he started this crap when he was in Orlando or anything!!:L

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I can say to Olajuwon is Good Luck!!

Exactly! This guy worked out with Ewing in Orlando for years and it didnt work. He turned down KAJ. He turned down the best FT shooter of all time Steve Nash.

Once again, good luck Olajuwon!

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, because after all, it's not like he started this crap when he was in Orlando or anything!!:L

he wanted out of orlando.. because of the coach/gm. then he runs to LA.. which didnt make a ton of sense. maybe he thought phil was coming as did half of basketball america. i dont blame him for leaving with the lakers the way they are now. the coach's system isnt right for him. you have a power struggle in the making with kobe. you also have kobe hurt. add to it an aging core.. he did the right move for his career.

hopefully the dream can teach him so low post moves. if he honestly wants to be great everything is laid out in front of him right now to do it. he is 28. i wont judge a whole lot about him now as he, like me, was an idiot at 26.

piss-tons

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't Kareem supposed to mentor him? Oh yea Dwight didn't call him up not even once. He doesn't want a championship as badly as Lebron or Kobe or Duncan who always work hard for it. This ass clown won't win anything until he develops a post game, or really ANY offensive game.

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone needs mentoring. How the hell are you going to learn anything new if you dont get mentored?

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know a lot of fans(Lakers Fans) are upset that Howard dissed the Lakers, dissed Kobe and dissed Kareem, but you gotta give the guy a chance. Perhaps he just didn't like the way it felt in Los Angeles and wanted something different. The Lakers is not an easy team to play for by any means. Give the guy a chance to prove himself. Then if he falls flat on his ass as expected next season, Then we crucify him and feed him to the wolves