• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OL Graham Glasgow signed

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually think the centers are a bit better than some people think in this years draft. Not typically a deep position to begin with.

Hardest position to find quality players at seems to be DT and C.
I bet right now our starting Oline is:
LT: Garrett Boles
LG: Dalton Risner
C: Graham Glasgow
RG: Elijah Wilkinson
RT: Ja'Wan James

RG might be the weakest. If we can find a Center I am all for it, but probably not a requirement.

Secure Tyler BadAss in the draft and we have a very good Oline.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Secure Tyler BadAss in the draft and we have a very good Oline.

Yep, I forgot him as one my favorite this year as well, There are more that are pretty darn good this year.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bet right now our starting Oline is:
LT: Garrett Boles
LG: Dalton Risner
C: Graham Glasgow
RG: Elijah Wilkinson
RT: Ja'Wan James

RG might be the weakest. If we can find a Center I am all for it, but probably not a requirement.

I think Glasgow will be the starting RG.

I see it like this.

LT- Bolles
LG- Risner
C- Patrick Morris, FA or Draft
RG- Glasgow
RT- James

Depth Wilkinson. Who probably ends up starting for James at some point when he gets hurt again.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is everyone so confident Bolles will be the starting LT?

I’m hoping for a major upgrade there in the draft. Who knows, maybe in the 7th round!

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I’m hoping for a major upgrade there in the draft. Who knows, maybe in the 7th round!

I don’t think anyone is confident. Just the way we would see it now.

confident and prediction. Two different things.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't think the Broncos will replace Bolles with a rookie (at the start of the season). Bolles improved in the 2nd half of the season. He has only one year left on his contract. Munch likes him - for some reason.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The bigger question with Bolles is do you pick up the 5th year option? I don't know that I would, but I have a feeling the Broncos will unless someone falls to them in the draft.

listopencil

I've Seen Better Days
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We can still get a future LT who can play Guard in his rookie season while Glasgow plays Center if the board falls that way in the first round.

NFL Draft & Combine Profile - Tristan Wirfs | NFL.com

Right tackle with elite body type and freaky testing potential who might fall victim to elevated expectations based upon traits and Iowa pedigree. He has tremendous core strength and moves smoothly, over-sets and isn't the explosive drive-blocker former Iowa star tackle Brandon Scherff was. Wirfs has tools to handle gap-blocking duties while thriving in outside zone. If Wirfs can learn to play inside out and add a more effective jump-set into his repertoire, he could take a big step forward. Consistency of play could take some time, but he has the ability to become a good starter at either right tackle or guard.

Here's an article about interior O-Line draftee prospects:

Top 10 interior offensive linemen in the 2020 NFL Draft:

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Few things...

1) I agree with DC and Crash that I really like this Center class for the draft. Guard not so much, but the Center group looks very solid. Cesar Ruiz, Matt Hennessey, Lloyd Cushenberry, Tyler Biadasz, Nick Harris are all names I wouldn't mind seeing on the Broncos' roster and all could be day 1 starters in my opinion.

2) The more I talk to people the more it really does seem that Glasgow is expected to be the RG. They do like Wilkinson but they want better depth this year and Wilkinson being able to play 4 different spots on the OL is a huge help. Obviously I"m hoping he doesn't have to play this year especially at Tackle but hey we shall see what happens. I do know the Broncos are still in the running for a guy like Remmers that would help with that OT depth.

3) Unless something crazy happens it does look like Bolles will be the starting LT this year and it honestly would not shock me to see them pick up his 5th year option and start him again in 2021. Look at what even bad Tackles are getting on the market right now. There are guys that have only had 4 starts over the last 2 years getting over $10 million a season. Bolles isn't great by any means but compared to his contract he is playing above what he is getting paid according to the market. Just have to hope how he closed out the season is how he starts the 2020 year.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think the Broncos will replace Bolles with a rookie (at the start of the season). Bolles improved in the 2nd half of the season. He has only one year left on his contract. Munch likes him - for some reason.

Heis a left tackle his holds are not acceptable I get that. But he is on the field sack numbers are fine,

The holding was more of being mean SOB IMO a lot of them are away from the play and after the play had passed were his player could not have made a difference. He has the talent and skills to be the best LT in football. I get he is not all that bright but it would help if we stopped having a different Blocking Scheme every year. Every year he gets it figured out by the end of the year and every year we change it on him. With this new scheme, I hope he has a clue already. Who knows?

He is an enigma Damned if you do Damn if you don't.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We get this guy and I will be so stoked!

lloyd-cushenberry.png

2. Lloyd Cushenberry II, LSU
A three-star tackle recruit from Louisiana, Cushenberry didn’t get a scholarship from his home-state Tigers until the last minute, when he immediately changed plans. In year one he was in a reserve role and contributed on special teams, but as a sophomore he became the full-time starter at center. Last season he once again started all of LSU’s 15 games on their road to national title, earning first-team All-SEC honors on the way. Cushenberry also became the first offensive linemen to receive the honor of wearing that coveted number 18 jersey for the Tigers, even though he had to go with 79 due to NCAA requirements, which led him to wearing the honor in form of a patch.

This young has as a unique body type at 6’3”, 315 pounds with a thick frame, large 10 ½-inch hands and ridiculously long arms for a center at 34 ½ inches – that’s longer than Jadeveon Clowney. Cushenberry plays with excellent pad-level in the run game and rolls his hips through contact. He does a great job setting up his teammates on combo-blocks by turning the shoulders of defensive linemen while having his eyes on his linebacker. He is highly mobile when it comes to climbing to the second level and he doesn’t overrun his fits, rarely letting guys get away from him. Cushenberry got down the field on screen passes and led the way for LSU’s talented group of skill position players quite a bit. He certainly has enough junk in the trunk to work in a gap-based rushing attack while obviously having excelled in the zone game as well already.

Cushenberry and the rest of the interior O-line provided great pocket integrity for Heisman trophy winner Joe Burrow all of last season. The center displays an extremely sturdy base to absorb power rushers and stopped some of the powerful defensive tackles in the SEC. When he gets his hands inside the chest of defenders and can sit in that chair, you basically don’t even have to watch anymore, because you know nothing will change about that. Cushenberry had a tremendous Senior Bowl week, where that ability to anchor against bull-rushers and consistently playing with good leverage was apparent throughout his time in Mobile. He was basically the only one who could challenge South Carolina’s Javon Kinlaw and was the best offensive lineman there.

When you look into the less common statistics, going from eight total pressures allowed in 2018 to a whopping 34 last season is pretty concerning, even when you consider that his pass-blocking snaps increased by 172. As great as Cushenberry is at countering power rushers, he has had his fair share of struggles with quickness on the interior. You see him caught on some swim-moves and let guys get to one shoulder when they aggressively slant or stunt into a gap. Overall Cushenberry falls victim to leaning his weight too far over his toes, which can not only be used against him by pass-rushers, but also to be pulled to the side by technically sound run-defenders.

With that being said, Cushenberry’s pressure numbers looked so much different because the new offensive system last season left him on an island all the time. Once he gets into a scheme in the pros, where he is only responsible for one gap, he should once again excel in that area. Cushenberry was highly regarded as the leader of the Joe Moore Award-winning LSU offensive line and a crucial piece to the team’s title run. I think he can fit pretty much any system and should be a great pro right off the bat.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good signing.

Wished the Lions would have hung on to him. Can play center at a high level as well.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would agree that Bolles seems to do better the longer he is in a system. I don't know that he will ever be considered one of the greatest LTs in the game but at his best he is above average. The question that has to be answered is can we get him to play his best for a full season?

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are going power Scheme is why I like Lloyd Cushenberry He is a stud. Our Running game will flourish with him!

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good signing.

Wished the Lions would have hung on to him. Can play center at a high level as well.

Thanks. Elway likes to be a cheapskate at Center so he will be a Guard.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The bigger question with Bolles is do you pick up the 5th year option? I don't know that I would, but I have a feeling the Broncos will unless someone falls to them in the draft.

No- Dont pick up the option. You can always re-sign if he puts together a good year. UnFortunately, he’s only really had small doses of good games just not a guy you can pick up his option without the consistency. He did end last year on a good note.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would agree that Bolles seems to do better the longer he is in a system. I don't know that he will ever be considered one of the greatest LTs in the game but at his best he is above average. The question that has to be answered is can we get him to play his best for a full season?

Keeping an OC, OL Coach and I would say yes.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The good thing is this OC IMO will be here if we want to keep him.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Graham Glasgow sounds like an English food or movie critic

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We get this guy and I will be so stoked!

lloyd-cushenberry.png

2. Lloyd Cushenberry II, LSU
A three-star tackle recruit from Louisiana, Cushenberry didn’t get a scholarship from his home-state Tigers until the last minute, when he immediately changed plans. In year one he was in a reserve role and contributed on special teams, but as a sophomore he became the full-time starter at center. Last season he once again started all of LSU’s 15 games on their road to national title, earning first-team All-SEC honors on the way. Cushenberry also became the first offensive linemen to receive the honor of wearing that coveted number 18 jersey for the Tigers, even though he had to go with 79 due to NCAA requirements, which led him to wearing the honor in form of a patch.

This young has as a unique body type at 6’3”, 315 pounds with a thick frame, large 10 ½-inch hands and ridiculously long arms for a center at 34 ½ inches – that’s longer than Jadeveon Clowney. Cushenberry plays with excellent pad-level in the run game and rolls his hips through contact. He does a great job setting up his teammates on combo-blocks by turning the shoulders of defensive linemen while having his eyes on his linebacker. He is highly mobile when it comes to climbing to the second level and he doesn’t overrun his fits, rarely letting guys get away from him. Cushenberry got down the field on screen passes and led the way for LSU’s talented group of skill position players quite a bit. He certainly has enough junk in the trunk to work in a gap-based rushing attack while obviously having excelled in the zone game as well already.

Cushenberry and the rest of the interior O-line provided great pocket integrity for Heisman trophy winner Joe Burrow all of last season. The center displays an extremely sturdy base to absorb power rushers and stopped some of the powerful defensive tackles in the SEC. When he gets his hands inside the chest of defenders and can sit in that chair, you basically don’t even have to watch anymore, because you know nothing will change about that. Cushenberry had a tremendous Senior Bowl week, where that ability to anchor against bull-rushers and consistently playing with good leverage was apparent throughout his time in Mobile. He was basically the only one who could challenge South Carolina’s Javon Kinlaw and was the best offensive lineman there.

When you look into the less common statistics, going from eight total pressures allowed in 2018 to a whopping 34 last season is pretty concerning, even when you consider that his pass-blocking snaps increased by 172. As great as Cushenberry is at countering power rushers, he has had his fair share of struggles with quickness on the interior. You see him caught on some swim-moves and let guys get to one shoulder when they aggressively slant or stunt into a gap. Overall Cushenberry falls victim to leaning his weight too far over his toes, which can not only be used against him by pass-rushers, but also to be pulled to the side by technically sound run-defenders.

With that being said, Cushenberry’s pressure numbers looked so much different because the new offensive system last season left him on an island all the time. Once he gets into a scheme in the pros, where he is only responsible for one gap, he should once again excel in that area. Cushenberry was highly regarded as the leader of the Joe Moore Award-winning LSU offensive line and a crucial piece to the team’s title run. I think he can fit pretty much any system and should be a great pro right off the bat.

I love Cushenberry! I damn near love any prospect from LSU this year to be honest.