• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Oklahoma v Texas

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OKLAHOMA/TEXAS 55-48
OLE MISS/ARKANSAS 52-51

Neither game needed overtime to score those numbers AND both teams probably left points in the redzone with some miscues.
That is 2 current and 2 future SEC teams with a ton of NFL defensive players everywhere.

The days of defense are just gone, unless a game is a total mismatch of talent.

Droopdog51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just an insane game.

RRR never fails in delivering.

Remember when a game like this would have generated 50 pages?

Remember when thaHoop was dominated by the College football page?

Miss those days......

Season 12 Crying GIF

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Caleb Williams is going to be a star.

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another escape. What is that, the 3rd? 4th?

The pollsters actually hold that against some teams.

Slag

Boots. And Blood
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another escape. What is that, the 3rd? 4th?

The pollsters actually hold that against some teams.
Just like they hold a loss against them as well.

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OKLAHOMA/TEXAS 55-48
OLE MISS/ARKANSAS 52-51

Neither game needed overtime to score those numbers AND both teams probably left points in the redzone with some miscues.
That is 2 current and 2 future SEC teams with a ton of NFL defensive players everywhere.

The days of defense are just gone, unless a game is a total mismatch of talent.
What I see with those two game results essentially, is that none of those 4 teams have a very good defense.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep.

Only poll that matters is the last one.
I hate when people/fans and/or the media "experts"(supposed experts) refer to wins over teams that were ranked at the time of the game, as if that means anything when the only rank that should matter is the most recent one, until the end of the season, then never again should the rank at the time of the game EVER be mentioned again, once the EOS ranking is established/finalized.

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate when people/fans and/or the media "experts"(supposed experts) refer to wins over teams that were ranked at the time of the game, as if that means anything when the only rank that should matter is the most recent one, until the end of the season, then never again should the rank at the time of the game EVER be mentioned again, once the EOS ranking is established/finalized.
I don't mind the rankings during the season, but nobody should ever believe that they really ever matter.

Yes, beating a top 5 team at any point is meaningful for any team. But rankings don't mean much anymore. I like that we are getting back to the basics of "Win your Conference".

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't mind the rankings during the season, but nobody should ever believe that they really ever matter.

Yes, beating a top 5 team at any point is meaningful for any team. But rankings don't mean much anymore. I like that we are getting back to the basics of "Win your Conference".
In season rankings only occasionally come in handy. Such as Texas A&M this season, maybe? They seemingly were ranked WAY too high, Top 5 I think early on? Barely beat Colorado and lost 2 games so fell all the way out of the rankings. But with their upset of Bama, maybe there was a good reason they got overrated early on, because they had potential, and maybe they needed a big game like the one vs Bama to get them to reach it? OR, maybe Bama was also overrated? I mean, obviously they were to some degree. It's clear that they are not the #1 team in the country. But will they win out and end up in the playoffs? It wouldn't surprise me, but it also wouldn't surprise me if they lost 2 more games going forward?

It's why I wish they never would have stopped doing it the old way, back in the day the first "official" rankings didn't come out until after a few games had been played by every team.

Slag

Boots. And Blood
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just like the argument stay undefeated and win your conference. But then you get the 1 loss teams making argument we played so in so teams and lost but they were better. No one loss team should trump and undefeated team. But we know how that goes in the end. It’s about ratings and money.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just like the argument stay undefeated and win your conference. But then you get the 1 loss teams making argument we played so in so teams and lost but they were better. No one loss team should trump and undefeated team. But we know how that goes in the end. It’s about ratings and money.
The problem there is that far too many teams from lowly conferences avoid playing any ranked teams and go undefeated. When they are given a chance to play a semi-legit team in a bowl game, far more often they get trounced. A few that come to memory are WMU got spanked by Wisconsin, Cincy got pounded by Florida or one of the Florida schools. Miami of Ohio with Ben R didn't go undefeated as they got destroyed in game 1 vs Iowa, but then rattled off something like 12 straight wins to make their way into the Top Ten of the rankings, and I believe they got spanked in their bowl game? Can't remember how that Houston team ended up doing, but they didn't end up undefeated. UCF is the only one in recent memory that has done that, remained undefeated, but everyone was laughing at their fans for trying to claim a Natl Title seeing as they didn't beat anyone of any true worth.

So eliminate or separate from the lowly conferences, restrict the playing of FCS teams and maybe even G5 teams and when P5 teams end up having to play nothing but P5 opponents, then any teams going undefeated will actually be truly meaningful. But in that scenario, there will also be fewer teams doing that, so more 1 loss teams will end up being considered for the playoffs.

Droopdog51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So eliminate or separate from the lowly conferences, restrict the playing of FCS teams and maybe even G5 teams and when P5 teams end up having to play nothing but P5 opponents, then any teams going undefeated will actually be truly meaningful.

Can you imagine the bidding war to play Vandy, Kansas, Rutgers, Duke, and the like in OCC?

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you imagine the bidding war to play Vandy, Kansas, Rutgers, Duke, and the like in OCC?
Yeah, first couple of years, but soon as kids know they'll get the chance to beat the big dogs by going to those schools, they'll start to choose those schools over the likes of low hanging G5 programs and maybe even the better G5 programs?

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can’t quit playing the FCS schools or they won’t be able to keep playing. Half million $ paydays are hard to find.

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can’t quit playing the FCS schools or they won’t be able to keep playing. Half million $ paydays are hard to find.
I'll play OU next year for $500K.

I can find 10 other dudes and we'll get it on.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll play OU next year for $500K.

I can find 10 other dudes and we'll get it on.
You might be better than Western Carolina was lol