• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Oklahoma and Texas to the Big 10?

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the OP was just making this a scenario, although this scenario was put to rest forever already.

Oh, I see. My reading skills are off today. Muscle aches BAD! Fever n shit. Im miserable

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to see Texas and OU both join tSEC.

Both are geographic fits and if Okla St demanded to be included, we could just auction off Missouri to the highest bidder to make the numbers work. no?
But really how much money do you think the AAC has to offer? they might be the only ones buying at that point.

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not talking about WVU, I'm talking about Texas and yes, geographically, it doesn't make sense. Plus, I don't mind going to Lubbock for a game. If Texas were to go to another conference, it should be the SEC. Kids won't want to play for Texas if they joined the B1G; Aggy would rule recruiting forever if Texas joined the B1G. SEC would be the right move. And like a previous poster said, where would Nebraska run to next?

Why would we run?

We would already be in the Big 10 and not demolishers of 2 previous conferences like some other team I know.

Did Colorado, Missouri, and Texas A&M run as well?

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the OP was just making this a scenario, although this scenario was put to rest forever already.

I just wanted to know who the source for the rumor is.

Lots of stuff doesn't make geographical sense anymore. Like Missouri is in the SEC East, despite being further west than pretty much all of the SEC west outside A&M. Arkansas and LSU are close, not sure if they are further west, but if they are it's not by much.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not talking about WVU, I'm talking about Texas and yes, geographically, it doesn't make sense. Plus, I don't mind going to Lubbock for a game. If Texas were to go to another conference, it should be the SEC. Kids won't want to play for Texas if they joined the B1G; Aggy would rule recruiting forever if Texas joined the B1G. SEC would be the right move. And like a previous poster said, where would Nebraska run to next?

geography has nothing to do with it anymore. these conferences are all over the board.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, I see. My reading skills are off today. Muscle aches BAD! Fever n shit. Im miserable

1 teaspoon of baking soda mixed in with a regular 8oz glass of water, Mamba. Raises the alkaline levels in your immune system. Viruses (like the flu, cold, etc) can't live in our immune systems when you have a reasonable alkaline level. Started drinking a glass in the morning and before I go to bed back in '06 and haven't been sick since.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 teaspoon of baking soda mixed in with a regular 8oz glass of water, Mamba. Raises the alkaline levels in your immune system. Viruses (like the flu, cold, etc) can't live in our immune systems when you have a reasonable alkaline level. Started drinking a glass in the morning and before I go to bed back in '06 and haven't been sick since.

wow! thank you sir :suds:

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just wanted to know who the source for the rumor is.

Lots of stuff doesn't make geographical sense anymore. Like Missouri is in the SEC East, despite being further west than pretty much all of the SEC west outside A&M. Arkansas and LSU are close, not sure if they are further west, but if they are it's not by much.

It is a hypothetical question, but you had to be a douche.

Instead of answering the question, you went into your normal douche mode.

Shocking.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would we run?

We would already be in the Big 10 and not demolishers of 2 previous conferences like some other team I know.

Did Colorado, Missouri, and Texas A&M run as well?

That was more being sarcastic, but I'm interested to know what team demolished 2 other conferences? And if you say Texas, then you obviously are clueless how the SWC went down and last I saw, the Big 12 is still going strong, with 10 members.....

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was more being sarcastic, but I'm interested to know what team demolished 2 other conferences? And if you say Texas, then you obviously are clueless how the SWC went down and last I saw, the Big 12 is still going strong, with 10 members.....

Sarcasm can go both ways. Especially when you start the first barb.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It certainly is interesting from a somewhat ground swelling "rumor" being talked about.

Don't hate the messenger. Just a weird, and what I thought to be a very interesting "rumor".

It is a hypothetical question, but you had to be a douche.

Instead of answering the question, you went into your normal douche mode.

Shocking.

:noidea:

Panthera tigris Bob

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Great points 98, and I'm fairly certain OU fans feel the same way given a choice of joining tSEC or tPAC.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great points 98, and I'm fairly certain OU fans feel the same way given a choice of joining tSEC or tPAC.

At first, I was all about the move to the Pac, b/c I used to live in Scottsdale for 10 years and the Sun Devils are my 2nd favorite NCAA team, but now I live back in the D/FW. I wouldn't mind seeing Texas make the move to the SEC, providing the Big 12 were to dissolve forever. Plus, it would be hilarious watching Aggy cry about being back in big bro's shadow again :laugh3:

Panthera tigris Bob

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But really how much money do you think the AAC has to offer? they might be the only ones buying at that point.

I think it becomes like a NFL training camp, only so many spots to share in the big $$$.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you guys talking AAC or ACC?

Panthera tigris Bob

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At first, I was all about the move to the Pac, b/c I used to live in Scottsdale for 10 years and the Sun Devils are my 2nd favorite NCAA team, but now I live back in the D/FW. I wouldn't mind seeing Texas make the move to the SEC, providing the Big 12 were to dissolve forever. Plus, it would be hilarious watching Aggy cry about being back in big bro's shadow again :laugh3:

While all of this is just speculation right now, it's def headed in that general direction.

You know we LSU folk would welcome ya and the sooners/cowboys with open arms.

Talk about amping up an already amped conference....:10:

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While all of this is just speculation right now, it's def headed in that general direction.

You know we LSU folk would welcome ya and the sooners/cowboys with open arms.

Talk about amping up an already amped conference....:10:

If that were to happen, there would have to be a rule in place that the SEC rep is automatically invited to play for the NC, since no other conference would be close to fielding that type of competition.