• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Oklahoma and Georgia Announce Home-and-Home Series for 2023 and 2031 (Yes, with Decade Gap)

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO, college scheduling is tough only because many schools want it to be so.

And UGA and UF aren't alone. OU Texas lose a home game every year to the RRSO.
There certainly is a strategy to scheduling ... not sure what we are doing is smart, but as a fan I like great games.

FWIW, UGa, UF, OU and Texas are the only four P5 teams that I can think of that lose a home game every year, so it isn't common at all, and it affects scheduling. Now, let's say Texas agrees to play TAMU every year, or you guys scheduled Nebraska every year ... now you would know what our scheduling is like.

I am not complaining ... I like that we are scheduling some great games, and OU and Texas will be great. But, in one year we have Texas, Clemson and GaTech as three of our four OOC games. Let that settle in for a minute.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There certainly is a strategy to scheduling ... not sure what we are doing is smart, but as a fan I like great games.

FWIW, UGa, UF, OU and Texas are the only four P5 teams that I can think of that lose a home game every year, so it isn't common at all, and it affects scheduling. Now, let's say Texas agrees to play TAMU every year, or you guys scheduled Nebraska every year ... now you would know what our scheduling is like.

I am not complaining ... I like that we are scheduling some great games, and OU and Texas will be great. But, in one year we have Texas, Clemson and GaTech as three of our four OOC games. Let that settle in for a minute.
Yeah, there has to be some middle ground between zero P5 OOC games and three out of four slots. Only schools that need to schedule like that for OOC are the G5s that need it because they get dinged for their conference strength.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll alert the leadership in the SEC and get this fixed promptly. 9 game conference schedule or round robin is the only proper way. This explains why the PAC and B12 have been so fucking successful.

An anyone with half a brain can see the advantage the SEC and ACC have in scheduling one more chump and one less conference mate. How else can you explain how 1 conference can get two teams into a 4 team playoff? Or how each conference hasn’t hasn’t missed the playoffs yet. But as I said, you need half a brain to realize this.

Soonertshirtfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Being an Oklahoma fan and an Alabama fan, bandwagon indeed.
Well, Ive been a fan of both since I was about ten years old and read about Joe Willie Namath.

Bear Bryant and Bud Wilkinson also had a lot in common. And both schools have given their states something to be proud of. States that really dont have much going for them.

Actually, both programs have quite a bit in common, if you take a closer look at history.

And quit being so butthurt, Im sure WVU will win the conference eventually. Maybe.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO, college scheduling is tough only because many schools want it to be so.

And UGA and UF aren't alone. OU Texas lose a home game every year to the RRSO.
Correction they “lose” a home game every other year but get paid more by having it at a neutral site game rather than having a home game every other year.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, Ive been a fan of both since I was about ten years old and read about Joe Willie Namath.

Bear Bryant and Bud Wilkinson also had a lot in common. And both schools have given their states something to be proud of. States that really dont have much going for them.

Actually, both programs have quite a bit in common, if you take a closer look at history.

And quit being so butthurt, Im sure WVU will win the conference eventually. Maybe.

Translation: you bandwagon more than one good team in college football. So your credibility to talk shit here is greatly reduced. Congrats

Soonertshirtfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Translation: you bandwagon more than one good team in college football. So your credibility to talk shit here is greatly reduced. Congrats
Dude. My team is Oklahoma first and foremost. Foursquare day and night.

I respect Alabama.

Now quit being a peckahead.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Whippersnapper!

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Correction they “lose” a home game every other year but get paid more by having it at a neutral site game rather than having a home game every other year.
Yeah, I was just pointing out Fla/UGA wasn't the only one.

But, I ain't so sure Oklahoma and Texas wouldn't make more money playing in Norman and Austin every other year. And, I too lazy and technomologically challenged to try and look up what they get from the RRSO.

I do recall that the city of Dallas was interested in kicking in significant money when there was talk of moving the game out of the dilapidated Cotton Bowl. Don't know what became of that.

PhilSimms11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meanwhile at Tuscaloosa

New Mexico State
Southern Miss
Western Carolina
Georgia State
Kent State
UT Martin
Mercer
ULM
WKU
In addition to ULM and WKU don't forget about WKRP (who gets that reference?), IHOP, YMCA, and OPP.

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I was just pointing out Fla/UGA wasn't the only one.

But, I ain't so sure Oklahoma and Texas wouldn't make more money playing in Norman and Austin every other year. And, I too lazy and technomologically challenged to try and look up what they get from the RRSO.

I do recall that the city of Dallas was interested in kicking in significant money when there was talk of moving the game out of the dilapidated Cotton Bowl. Don't know what became of that.
It's not the gate that is the loss ... it's the money to the city. Athens and Gainesville make millions each weekend there is a home game. Without that home game in years we would have it, there has to be another home game ... not for gate revenue, but for Athens revenue. Anyone who thinks that isn't a big deal doesn't understand university and college football economics.

There is a lot of talk about WLOCP going home and home. Not sure I really care. My Jax days are behind me. But, it is a special game like the Red River Rivalry, so I would hate to lose it.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I woulda loved to have watched Namath in realtime.
Namath was good.

When I lived in El Paso I played golf nearly every weekend with one of Namath's receiver's on the Jets. This guy.
s-l300.jpg

He told a lot of good stories about playing with Namath and other Jets/Coaches.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't really remember much about Broadway Joe when he was at Alabama.
When he went pro, man, you couldn't miss the guy.

Had a huge arm and maybe one of the fastest balls of all time.
Yes he did. Don Maynard's hands look like crap nowadays from catching all those missles.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Georgia has scheduled a lot of P5 ooc opponents in the coming years, most of them home and homes at that. What are the odds that we still get lumped in with the other SEC schools?