• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Oklahoma and Georgia Announce Home-and-Home Series for 2023 and 2031 (Yes, with Decade Gap)

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not the gate that is the loss ... it's the money to the city. Athens and Gainesville make millions each weekend there is a home game. Without that home game in years we would have it, there has to be another home game ... not for gate revenue, but for Athens revenue. Anyone who thinks that isn't a big deal doesn't understand university and college football economics.

There is a lot of talk about WLOCP going home and home. Not sure I really care. My Jax days are behind me. But, it is a special game like the Red River Rivalry, so I would hate to lose it.
I have been told by a certain Bama poster who said the universities should only be concerned about themselves because the city should just be happy with the scraps they are given to have the privilege of their university. And that the economic impact isn’t very big anyways.

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been told by a certain Bama poster who said the universities should only be concerned about themselves because the city should just be happy with the scraps they are given to have the privilege of their university. And that the economic impact isn’t very big anyways.
I don't know who that poster is, but they would be wrong. This is not only common sense, but there are ample studies that show this to be true. Again, though, common sense tells you that when 75,000 people roll into town for 2 days of drinking, sleeping and partying, that raises a lot of revenue.

TheReal_NU

This space intentionally left blank
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Georgia has scheduled a lot of P5 ooc opponents in the coming years, most of them home and homes at that. What are the odds that we still get lumped in with the other SEC schools?

Is there a number higher than 100%???

Soonertshirtfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Namath was good.

When I lived in El Paso I played golf nearly every weekend with one of Namath's receiver's on the Jets. This guy.
s-l300.jpg

He told a lot of good stories about playing with Namath and other Jets/Coaches.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.no...ccb870b3-1277-5bec-b80e-6d83a0c5dd48.amp.html

I work for an Electric co op that serves Carl's house in Farris. Dude is a state treasure. I played against his son in high school. Joe Dan didnt have his pop's speed but he had his heart and toughness. I played center and he played mike backer. For the time, we passed a lot. And they blitzed a lot.

Joe Dan wasnt above poking a lineman in the eye.

A good guy, but a motherfucker on the field.

Soonertshirtfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.no...ccb870b3-1277-5bec-b80e-6d83a0c5dd48.amp.html

Carl McAdams played with Namath on the superbowl team.

I work for an Electric co op that serves Carl's house in Farris. Dude is a state treasure. I played against his son in high school. Joe Dan didnt have his pop's speed but he had his heart and toughness. I played center and he played mike backer. For the time, we passed a lot. And they blitzed a lot.

Joe Dan wasnt above poking a lineman in the eye.

A good guy, but a motherfucker on the field.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Decade gap but in that gap they'll meat in the CFP as Oklahoma being the Big12 champs (again and again) and Georgia coming off loses in the SEC title game to Alabama (again and again).

Of course Georgia will beat Chokelahoma just about every time.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll stay out of this conversation.

Soonertshirtfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Decade gap but in that gap they'll meat in the CFP as Oklahoma being the Big12 champs (again and again) and Georgia coming off loses in the SEC title game to Alabama (again and again).

lol. You said "meat".

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lol they can't even beat Texas. How Oregone doing in that horrible conference?