• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OKC/Lakers series...

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was just game one so I'm not going to blow my load.

But LMFAO at Laker fans across america.

:finger:

SoonerDO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best part of this game.

qHX3Zl.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well I guess we will just agree to disagree.

First, PJ has never been a good defensive coach and the reason he brought in more defensive minded asst. Last years team was a whole different roster also.

Yes we are talking two different coaches in which one didnt even have time to implement his system in a shortened season. That being said, he is a joke and doesnt have control of the team. His rotation and substitutions suck ass!!

When he gave ebanks, goudelock, an mcroberts, playing time in the rotation early in the season, the lakers were in the top of the league in opp. fg %, opp ppg allowed, and points in the paint.

I do agree with the fact that allowing the pg to demolish you in the lane opens up everything and one of the reasons why guys like tony parker and others destroys this poorly coached team.

IMO, if the lakers had coaches like, Sloan, Adelman, McHale, etc... you would see a different defensive effort with this same tired old legged team... just my opinion though

Well, as someone who witnessed the Mike Brown era firsthand in Cleveland......LOL at you guys for hiring him in the first place. The Lakers haven't been able to defend the pick and roll for 10 years.

This goes beyond just coaching. Kobe is supposed to be a defensive stopper.....but in reality, he's not that good defensively. Artest and Barnes are physical, not great defenders. They get burned pretty easily and repeatedly. Great defensive players don't leave their assignments wide open every offensive series.

jayviabay

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, as someone who witnessed the Mike Brown era firsthand in Cleveland......LOL at you guys for hiring him in the first place. The Lakers haven't been able to defend the pick and roll for 10 years.

This goes beyond just coaching. Kobe is supposed to be a defensive stopper.....but in reality, he's not that good defensively. Artest and Barnes are physical, not great defenders. They get burned pretty easily and repeatedly. Great defensive players don't leave their assignments wide open every offensive series.

Im not just a Lakers fan, i am a basketball fan and a realist. The first line in bold couldnt be more true if the team itself admitted it... I tell my friends and fellow fans all the time i think the championships were fixed. The kings series with webber, jackson, christie, and co. were dominating the lakers before a miraculous come back happened. The same thing in the trailblazers series. sabonis and wallace was handing shaq's ass to him and all of a sudden the miraculous come back.

I agree it does go beyond coaching but it starts there. Kobe was good defensively before his knees became bone on bone... I doubt anyone would be their former self after that.

1502tuley

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Im not just a Lakers fan, i am a basketball fan and a realist. The first line in bold couldnt be more true if the team itself admitted it... I tell my friends and fellow fans all the time i think the championships were fixed. The kings series with webber, jackson, christie, and co. were dominating the lakers before a miraculous come back happened. The same thing in the trailblazers series. sabonis and wallace was handing shaq's ass to him and all of a sudden the miraculous come back.

I agree it does go beyond coaching but it starts there. Kobe was good defensively before his knees became bone on bone... I doubt anyone would be their former self after that.

The 2006 Mavs/Heat finals series smelled to high heaven too. If ever a series was fixed, it was that one.

Last edited by a moderator:

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 2006 Mavs/Heat finals series smelled to high heaven too. If ever a series was fixed, it was that one.

Yeah, the officiating changed COMPLETELY for the last 4 games.

I watched Wade take 25 FTs a game, the most in NBA Finals history, on calls 30 feet from the basket where literally nobody was within 3 feet of him. Then I saw guys like Devin Harris get clotheslined going to the hoop with no call. that series was COMPLETELY fixed.

I think that's why Cuban kept his mouth shut last year......so Stern wouldn't have the zebras bitch slap him again.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He got hired because Jim Buss is a dumbass and I'm terrified he's going to run the team into the ground. Fuck nepotism. Everyone else in the organization wanted Adelman or Brian Shaw, but Buss has the final say and went with Brown because apparently he wowed Buss in the interview.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He got hired because Jim Buss is a dumbass and I'm terrified he's going to run the team into the ground. Fuck nepotism. Everyone else in the organization wanted Adelman or Brian Shaw, but Buss has the final say and went with Brown because apparently he wowed Buss in the interview.

Brown is terrible. He can't coach offense, never hires good assistants, and makes NO adjustments in game. He'd be a great assistant coach......but as a HC, he stinks.

But to be fair, this Laker team was never a realistic contender. The roster needs youth and to be overhauled. Firing Brown would just be gravy.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brown is terrible. He can't coach offense, never hires good assistants, and makes NO adjustments in game. He'd be a great assistant coach......but as a HC, he stinks.

But to be fair, this Laker team was never a realistic contender. The roster needs youth and to be overhauled. Firing Brown would just be gravy.

Nonsense. Brown made adjustments all the time in Cleveland. He was constantly giving the option of Lebron running Iso on the left or Lebron running Iso on the right.

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game 2 predicts?

Much tighter game. Lakers will pound it inside repeatedly. Perk won't play so Collison, Muhammad and Aldrich will be tested tonight.

Much tighter game...Thunder by 5 in OT.

1502tuley

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Game 2 predicts?

Much tighter game. Lakers will pound it inside repeatedly. Perk won't play so Collison, Muhammad and Aldrich will be tested tonight.

I think OKC wins by 7 in regulation.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game 2 predicts?

Thunder by 20 in regulation

Lakers pounded the ball in the paint in the last game. Doesn't matter. Why?

Because they still have no answer defensively for Westbrook, Durant, or Harden.

The only way there will be a close game in this series is if those three have a bad game offensively.

sooner78wakeboard

Sooner Born, Sooner Bred
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They had an article in the paper today, in regards to an interview with MWP. Well I was wondering...does anyone in here speak Ron Artest, can someone translate?

On his hot start, with two baskets in the first 2½ minutes: “I didn't realize Oklahoma had so many fine women. I felt really comfortable. I hit my first two shots, it was mainly because of how beautiful the women were.”

On the Lakers trying to recover from the Game 1 blowout: “It's the same thing like a man has five wives. He's been divorced once and he got married again. You've got to move on. He didn't want to get divorced, she didn't want to get divorced. But hey, she said, ‘OK honey, I want half.' She said that. You know she said that.

“It's a metaphor. The name of my podcast is mettaphorically speaking.

“She got married again, he got married again. Moved on and it's a new life. That's how the game is. It is a fun game. At the same time, still a lot of passion involved. She will love her husband. We will love the game, too. Have fun, play with passion and it's a whole new day.”

On how the Lakers can better guard the Thunder: “I can't tell you. I will not tell you. I will tell you. You want me to tell you? You've got good mind control. You got in my head.”

Read more: Metta World Peace is a fan of OKC Thunder coach Scott Brooks | NewsOK.com

johnnytata

sugar booger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They had an article in the paper today, in regards to an interview with MWP. Well I was wondering...does anyone in here speak Ron Artest, can someone translate?

On his hot start, with two baskets in the first 2½ minutes: “I didn't realize Oklahoma had so many fine women. I felt really comfortable. I hit my first two shots, it was mainly because of how beautiful the women were.”

On the Lakers trying to recover from the Game 1 blowout: “It's the same thing like a man has five wives. He's been divorced once and he got married again. You've got to move on. He didn't want to get divorced, she didn't want to get divorced. But hey, she said, ‘OK honey, I want half.' She said that. You know she said that.

“It's a metaphor. The name of my podcast is mettaphorically speaking.

“She got married again, he got married again. Moved on and it's a new life. That's how the game is. It is a fun game. At the same time, still a lot of passion involved. She will love her husband. We will love the game, too. Have fun, play with passion and it's a whole new day.”

On how the Lakers can better guard the Thunder: “I can't tell you. I will not tell you. I will tell you. You want me to tell you? You've got good mind control. You got in my head.”

Read more: Metta World Peace is a fan of OKC Thunder coach Scott Brooks | NewsOK.com

translation:

"i am one crazy motherfucker. like fuckin crazy. like, you know, like charlie sheen on crazy pills. you know that guy mike tyson?

amateur.

by the way your wife is hot."

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a fuckin clown.

SoonerDO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MWP has a podcast? Oh I gotta here this.

Smoke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
100!!!