• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

ok, so I went a little trade crazy... follow the bouncing ball!!

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I found another site, drafttek.com. You are actually able to set up a simulation and project trades. The only difference is you do not pick the players..it does a simulation based on that sites rankings.

OK, so follow my crazy bouncing ball here:

First we trade #2 to Atlanta for #6, #37 and #68
Then we trade #6 to Minnesota for #8 and #40
Then we trade #13 to the Jets for #18, #49 and #69

So here is what we ended up with after this flurry of trades:

#8 Jake Matthews OT
#18 Calvin Pryor S
#37 Ryan Shazier OLB
#40 Xavier Su'a Filo OG
#44 Kyle Fuller CB
#49 Aaron Donald DT
#68 Carlos Hyde RB
#69 Paul Richardson WR
#75 Jackson Jeffcoat OLB/DE
#106 Tajh Boyd QB
#141 Stanley Jean-Baptiste CB
#172 Tre Boston S
#204 George Uko DE/DT

Of course, this is TOTAL pipe dream, but now a site where we can project trades.... :10: :omg:

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
That's a pretty cool site.
Only problem with your trades, the Vikes will be looking to trade down. They want to add picks.

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I noticed that afterwards, maybe change Minnesota to Tampa Bay and you would essentially get the same results...

And then I would probably replace Boyd with either Garappolo,McCarron or Fales.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what happens if 49ers trade with houston? ive been hearing alot of scenrios

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what happens if 49ers trade with houston? ive been hearing alot of scenrios

Who do the 49ers take Clowney?? That's gonna piss me off

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who do the 49ers take Clowney?? That's gonna piss me off

2014 NFL Draft: Who Might Pursue Houston Texans #1 Pick? - NFL Mocks - 2013 NFL Mock Draft, Fantasy Football, NFL News, and NFL Mock Draft Databases

What a surprise this would be. From a logical standpoint it’s highly unlikely that the San Francisco 49ers would jump from #30 all the way to #1 for a player. Yet it can’t be dismissed that they have the ammunition to do so. Among eleven overall picks with an additional compensatory fourth expected, San Francisco holds extra second and third round picks in their inventory. The Houston Texans might find it hard to pass up such a wealth of selections even if it meant moving back to #30. At the same time such a move would clearly signal the 49ers are going all in to dethrone Seattle, and a talent like Clowney together with Aldon Smith and Justin Smith would be downright unfair.

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be VERY upset if Clowney ended up in Santa Clara!!

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll, that's just crazy.

Why in the world would the 9ers trade from 30 all the way up to 1 to draft a DE when the already have Aldon Smith and Justin Smith? Why in the world would they draft a player that won't even start and will sit on the bench?

Signed-
All those who only look at current needs and not at the future.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Btw

There is one more thing all you who are saying no to Clowney are overlooking.

There is a good chance the Rams may lose Quinn. Have you guys even thought about that scenario? Besides the fact they may not be able to afford Long after this season, they may not be able to retain Quinn, who is do the richest contract ever for a DE very soon.

Ever thought of that?

Probably not. Because you guys only look at the here and now and not about what may happen next season and beyond.

I mean, why in the world would the Packers draft Rodgers in the 1st round only to sit him for 3 seasons? Didn't they know they had bigger needs that year than to be wasting a first round pick on a guy that would hold a clipboard for 3 seasons? What a bunch of idiots!

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would you pay a player who is sure to ride the bench for AT LEAST 2 years 15-20 million dollars?? That is a more fair question.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would you pay a player who is sure to ride the bench for AT LEAST 2 years 15-20 million dollars?? That is a more fair question.

Who's riding the bench for 2 seasons?

Not Clowney. Not only will he play from day one, but again, the Rams can't afford to keep Long and pay Quinn. When are you guys going to see that they can't keep both those guys?

Just so you know, there were 15-20 plays per game this last season when both Long and Quinn were on the sideline at the same time. So, clearly Clowney would take those plays and I know Williams will run other packages to get him in on other plays WITH Long and Quinn on the field as well.

So, let's not pretend Clowney is going to be Rodgers, sitting on the sideline holding a clipboard for 3 years.

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on ALR, now you are getting silly... The Packers drafted Rodgers at NUMBER TWENTY THREE, not #2. His ENTIRE first contract did not even amount to what Clowney will get in his FIRST YEAR being drafted at #2.
Also, while I understand how talented Clowney will be (and I do not doubt that for one second) are you actually trying to tell me that there will not be another DE in the next 2 seasons that could just as easily replace Chris Long if he leaves? And I promise you, Quinn will not be allowed to leave. He will be locked up sooner rather than later.
Hell, I saw one mock draft that has the Rams drafting Michael Sam in the 4th round. I, for one, would have ZERO issue with having him in the Rams D-line rotation.

Quit being so DOOM and GLOOM ALR... Snead and Demhoff know what they are doing.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There again, why did the Packers do it KSU?

Because they were looking beyond the current season into the future.

Do you think they made a mistake? Because a SB title would say otherwise.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on ALR, now you are getting silly... The Packers drafted Rodgers at NUMBER TWENTY THREE, not #2. His ENTIRE first contract did not even amount to what Clowney will get in his FIRST YEAR being drafted at #2.
Also, while I understand how talented Clowney will be (and I do not doubt that for one second) are you actually trying to tell me that there will not be another DE in the next 2 seasons that could just as easily replace Chris Long if he leaves? And I promise you, Quinn will not be allowed to leave. He will be locked up sooner rather than later.
Hell, I saw one mock draft that has the Rams drafting Michael Sam in the 4th round. I, for one, would have ZERO issue with having him in the Rams D-line rotation.

Quit being so DOOM and GLOOM ALR... Snead and Demhoff know what they are doing.

Do you honestly think there is going to be another DE like Clowney in the next 2 years?

They don't call him a once in a decade player for nothing.

And Michael Sam is a tweener. He is not the answer. Most have him as a 3-4 LB because he is a tweener and not suited for a 4-3 LB or a DE.

And even though Rodgers was #23, it was still a 1st round pick that could've been used for more pressing needs. The point is, they saw beyond their needs for the here and now and drafted for the future.

And I'm not saying draft Clowney no matter what. I've already said, I am hoping for a trade. But, if the Rams stay at #2, and Clowney is there, that's who I want to see them take.