• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OK Sixers

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i was just curious as you seem to have a good handle on it--- how long has the actual rebuild been going on for- and when do you see it coming to an end?

The rebuild started the night they traded Jrue Holiday to the Pelicans and used that to draft Nerlens Noel. So draft night of 2013. But even then it's been a unique rebuild. They drafted Noel and MCW in 2013. Noel didn't play all of 2013-2014. They trade MCW during the 2014-2015 season for what will be a top 10 pick in 2017. 2014 they drafted Embiid and Saric, who haven't played until this year. So the process hasn't really started until this year basically.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Philly is a sad franchise. they tanked all these seasons and they still suck. LOL GM sucks.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Philly is a sad franchise. they tanked all these seasons and they still suck. LOL GM sucks.

I think Philly is in a pretty good spot, but I guess it depends on your outlook. If you are happy with a team that will make the playoffs but has no realistic chance to make a run once they get there, then good for you I guess.

If I were a fan of the Bulls I wouldn't be happy with their current plan. They are not contending this year, and where are they headed long term?

I would much rather see my team go through an exetended rebuild and be patient than assemble a veteran team that will max out at 50 wins and a 2nd round playoff exit.

In the end, the 48 win teams get forgotten just like the 15 win teams. I would rather see my team aspire to build something bigger.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Philly is in a pretty good spot, but I guess it depends on your outlook. If you are happy with a team that will make the playoffs but has no realistic chance to make a run once they get there, then good for you I guess.

If I were a fan of the Bulls I wouldn't be happy with their current plan. They are not contending this year, and where are they headed long term?

I would much rather see my team go through an exetended rebuild and be patient than assemble a veteran team that will max out at 50 wins and a 2nd round playoff exit.

In the end, the 48 win teams get forgotten just like the 15 win teams. I would rather see my team aspire to build something bigger.
I love their Plan. Bulls GM did a great job for once. Bulls will compete for seeds 1-4.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is exactly why I think the 6ers have done it right while most teams have it wrong. Most teams, (like my Wizards) seem to build toward being an a solid playoff team, but not one that has any real chance of contending.

Hinkie had the courage not to cut the rebuild short even when most around the league were calling him out. He did a great job and all 6er fans will be very happy with the results in a few years (that is if the Colangelos don't take a short cut and screw it up).
totally agree.

if you were a GM who would turn down having their own lotto pick, a lotto pick from the Lakers, Ben Simmons, Joel Embiid, Dario Saric, Okafor, Noel, Covington, and a ton of cap room.

IT has sucked- but when they started this rebuild they had nothing - had traded away future assets and young players for bynum who was a joke...iggy was gone...

i think they hit rock bottom last year- and from now on will be on the way up and continue to improve until they are a factor in the East.

So much depends on if Ben simmons is the real deal, Embiid's health, and whether Dario Saric is more Dirk and Porzingis or if he is more darko

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love their Plan. Bulls GM did a great job for once. Bulls will compete for seeds 1-4.
compete for seeds 1-4?

i think you may be a little misguided putting that 1 up there pal. plus- it is still exceedingly early- i like what hte Bulls have done- but that team still has some work to be done on it. It is nice to have a guy like Lopez- who while he isnt as good as Noah when Noah is at hte peak of his game- at least he plays and is solid and does some decent things and you can count on him to be in the lineup- unlike noah.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The rebuild started the night they traded Jrue Holiday to the Pelicans and used that to draft Nerlens Noel. So draft night of 2013. But even then it's been a unique rebuild. They drafted Noel and MCW in 2013. Noel didn't play all of 2013-2014. They trade MCW during the 2014-2015 season for what will be a top 10 pick in 2017. 2014 they drafted Embiid and Saric, who haven't played until this year. So the process hasn't really started until this year basically.
its very true- they had a long rebuld and extended it by drafting guys that dropped in the draft because of injury/signability concenrs....they REALLY took the long view....

you are right though- think of that Jrue Holliday deal--- you will get Noel- and hte Lakers pick this year out of it which is probably going to be somewhere between 7-12 i would imagine. Thats pretty good.

Hopefully they use those picks on a couple guards- who seem to adapt to the NBA a lot faster then big men...or maybe they trade those picks for a guard or two.

What do you think about the SF positon? can Saric play there or no? Will Simmons play SF or PF?

IF Saric and Simmons have to play at PF because they cant guard SF's, that is going to really be a bit of a problem considering you will have Okafor and Embiid at center, and Noel, Saric, Simmons at PF....juuuuuuuuust a little crowded.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
compete for seeds 1-4?

i think you may be a little misguided putting that 1 up there pal. plus- it is still exceedingly early- i like what hte Bulls have done- but that team still has some work to be done on it. It is nice to have a guy like Lopez- who while he isnt as good as Noah when Noah is at hte peak of his game- at least he plays and is solid and does some decent things and you can count on him to be in the lineup- unlike noah.
Well you know what I meant. Yes I know 1 is locked up for another 1 or 2.
Yes lopez is an improvement over last year Noah.
Wade is an up grade over Moore
Rondo is an up grade over Rose PG play(Rose is a scoring guard, Wade takes care of that.)
Gibson is playing very good as a starter
Butler has improved again. The guy is a beast on both ends.
Bulls are winning with 2 big bench injuries, 2 games missed by Rondo and Wade missing his 1st game last night. Only 1 loss since McDermott injury.
2nd unit needs to improve if this team wants to get to that next level.
Defense still has to get better
Rebounding has been awesome.

The plan the Bulls front office was to build a team(role players), then fill it in with top players. Bulls did that and next year they will have money to add a star player if they want. People forget Bulls still have Cap room for next year and they can even have more if they let Rondo walk. We have our #1 player in Butler. Wade has been a great player for this team. Clutch shots and a good leader.

Trust me I usually dont give Bulls front office credit this is the 1 time they did a great job. If it didnt work they knew it wasnt a long term thing. easy to get out of the mess if it didnt work out.

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i still laugh at "tanking." the sixers have done nothing different than what baseball teams do every year. they see their team isn't good enough, so they start unloading for some prospects. then if they don't like the way it's going immediately, they keep adjusting. shit doesn't happen overnight.

they had to wait quite some time for embiid, but now that he's ready, he looks like a monster. noel hasn't seen the court this season yet. obviously simmons, who has crazy hype, also hasn't hit the court. okafor is also limited. saric just arrived and is fitting in. and they still have a bunch of picks and serious $$.

as long as everyone stays somewhat healthy, either okafor or noel is gone for some backcourt help. starting next season, this team is going to quickly be on the rise. then of course, half the jokes will be about how great "the process" is and the other half will be hating on how they "tanked and abused the system." :scratch:

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i still laugh at "tanking." the sixers have done nothing different than what baseball teams do every year. they see their team isn't good enough, so they start unloading for some prospects. then if they don't like the way it's going immediately, they keep adjusting. shit doesn't happen overnight.

they had to wait quite some time for embiid, but now that he's ready, he looks like a monster. noel hasn't seen the court this season yet. obviously simmons, who has crazy hype, also hasn't hit the court. okafor is also limited. saric just arrived and is fitting in. and they still have a bunch of picks and serious $$.

as long as everyone stays somewhat healthy, either okafor or noel is gone for some backcourt help. starting next season, this team is going to quickly be on the rise. then of course, half the jokes will be about how great "the process" is and the other half will be hating on how they "tanked and abused the system." :scratch:

I agree completely. The term "tanking" is misused in general, but especially when talking about the Sixers.

Tanking means losing games on purpose. The 6ers are rebuilding and it is a process. To do it right, most teams need to take at least a couple years.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its very true- they had a long rebuld and extended it by drafting guys that dropped in the draft because of injury/signability concenrs....they REALLY took the long view....

you are right though- think of that Jrue Holliday deal--- you will get Noel- and hte Lakers pick this year out of it which is probably going to be somewhere between 7-12 i would imagine. Thats pretty good.

Hopefully they use those picks on a couple guards- who seem to adapt to the NBA a lot faster then big men...or maybe they trade those picks for a guard or two.

What do you think about the SF positon? can Saric play there or no? Will Simmons play SF or PF?

IF Saric and Simmons have to play at PF because they cant guard SF's, that is going to really be a bit of a problem considering you will have Okafor and Embiid at center, and Noel, Saric, Simmons at PF....juuuuuuuuust a little crowded.

Philly needs guards, the Warriors need a rim protector. Noel for Clark, McCaw, and a first rounder.