• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OK Sixers

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's about time to ditch the tanking theory.....This is a proud franchise, huge market city and they are simply an embarrassment.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's about time to ditch the tanking theory.....This is a proud franchise, huge market city and they are simply an embarrassment.

Trust the process.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Are they losing games on purpose?

No. it just so happens that their franchise player is injured, their second best guy is a rookie on a strict minutes limit and their 3rd and 4th best play the same position and their second best and 1 of D them is hurt too.

The sixers are 2 or 3 players, some better injury luck and a little seasoning from being really good. I would not be totally shocked if they are the next non-Cleveland team to come out of the East in 3 or 4 years.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, they should be better than what they are playing. 1 and 9 this year is on pace for worse than 10-72 last year.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are they losing games on purpose?

No. it just so happens that their franchise player is injured, their second best guy is a rookie on a strict minutes limit and their 3rd and 4th best play the same position and their second best and 1 of D them is hurt too.

The sixers are 2 or 3 players, some better injury luck and a little seasoning from being really good. I would not be totally shocked if they are the next non-Cleveland team to come out of the East in 3 or 4 years.

But you know they'll screw this up.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They actually look like a team this year. That's progress. And as tlance said, you aren't gonna win many games regardless when your best player is a rookie (Embiid) and your other best player hasn't played yet (Simmons).

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

embiid.jpg

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright, I'm new to this board and don't often post on the NBA forums, but the sixers are by far my favorite team. Why this topic at this time? I've been tired of the sixers tanking viewpoint from others for years. This team for years was a perennial 8 seed or out of the playoffs altogether.

They took a shot at Bynum with what they thought was going to get them to the next plateau. It failed miserable. Hinkie came in and laid the ground work for what is a very good base to actually build past an 8 seed. End of last year when both Noel and Okafor were out, yeah, I didn't care to watch most of the time. I didn't watch for the most part near the end. But, I've watched the majority of their games over the last four years, and obviously the time before that. There's been some periods were the product was hard to watch, but even when it was Tony Wroten, Jakaar Sampson, etc out there, they've played hard throughout.

They got shit when they traded MCW. As a person that watched him play every game of his career, I applauded the move. Subsequently he got traded for Tony Snell. Unfortunately the lakers look like they'll finally be able to get out of the top 3, but out of the lottery is harder. A lot of good guard prospects out there this year.

For the past 3 years this team was shit on for various reasons. There's still some parts that will be moved, but a lot has been gained in that time. Shit, even Jerami Grant was just traded for Ilyasova (who's been a nice piece opening up the floor with his jumper and taking charges) and a potential first rounder. Sauce Castilla, who I was happy to see go before the final roster was announced is starting to look like a legit NBA player. All that being said, they're 2-9 as of 16 November. They didn't get their first win until 1 December last year and their second on 26 December.

Even with that they were unable to closeout some games that they should have won earlier this year. Yeah, they were blown out a couple times as well. It happens to a lot of teams. It's still a young team and on top of that a lot of new pieces in the mix. Not to mention Simmons, Bayless, and Noel, were probably projected to start the season and haven't played a game yet.

I just really didn't see the point of this thread. The tanking talk has always been bull shit and to bring it up now when it's finally going to start to turn is ridiculous to me. The past few years weren't about the Wins and Losses. This year isn't either. They'll be fine. I hope they haven't ruined your NBA experience with their two televised games in the past 3 years.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright, I'm new to this board and don't often post on the NBA forums, but the sixers are by far my favorite team. Why this topic at this time? I've been tired of the sixers tanking viewpoint from others for years. This team for years was a perennial 8 seed or out of the playoffs altogether.

They took a shot at Bynum with what they thought was going to get them to the next plateau. It failed miserable. Hinkie came in and laid the ground work for what is a very good base to actually build past an 8 seed. End of last year when both Noel and Okafor were out, yeah, I didn't care to watch most of the time. I didn't watch for the most part near the end. But, I've watched the majority of their games over the last four years, and obviously the time before that. There's been some periods were the product was hard to watch, but even when it was Tony Wroten, Jakaar Sampson, etc out there, they've played hard throughout.

They got shit when they traded MCW. As a person that watched him play every game of his career, I applauded the move. Subsequently he got traded for Tony Snell. Unfortunately the lakers look like they'll finally be able to get out of the top 3, but out of the lottery is harder. A lot of good guard prospects out there this year.

For the past 3 years this team was shit on for various reasons. There's still some parts that will be moved, but a lot has been gained in that time. Shit, even Jerami Grant was just traded for Ilyasova (who's been a nice piece opening up the floor with his jumper and taking charges) and a potential first rounder. Sauce Castilla, who I was happy to see go before the final roster was announced is starting to look like a legit NBA player. All that being said, they're 2-9 as of 16 November. They didn't get their first win until 1 December last year and their second on 26 December.

Even with that they were unable to closeout some games that they should have won earlier this year. Yeah, they were blown out a couple times as well. It happens to a lot of teams. It's still a young team and on top of that a lot of new pieces in the mix. Not to mention Simmons, Bayless, and Noel, were probably projected to start the season and haven't played a game yet.

I just really didn't see the point of this thread. The tanking talk has always been bull shit and to bring it up now when it's finally going to start to turn is ridiculous to me. The past few years weren't about the Wins and Losses. This year isn't either. They'll be fine. I hope they haven't ruined your NBA experience with their two televised games in the past 3 years.
i think the Sixers are on their way up.

Simmons hasnt even played yet. Dario Saric just came over from Europe. Embiid is playing in basically his first few NBA games. Okafor is in his second year. Noel has shown potential. You have the Lakers pick and your own pick that would be great trade assets or- maybe draft a guard for once?

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think the Sixers are on their way up.

Simmons hasnt even played yet. Dario Saric just came over from Europe. Embiid is playing in basically his first few NBA games. Okafor is in his second year. Noel has shown potential. You have the Lakers pick and your own pick that would be great trade assets or- maybe draft a guard for once?

I understand that, and think we may be on similar pages to an extent. I think Hinkie made the best out of a bad situation and I think the fruits of those labors will be paying off in the next few years. They may not get the value Noel is worth (I really wish they would keep him and trade Okafor, but both will probably be traded, would still want Noel between the two). I don't even want to continue. If people don't understand they're on the way up, I don't know what to say.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand that, and think we may be on similar pages to an extent. I think Hinkie made the best out of a bad situation and I think the fruits of those labors will be paying off in the next few years. They may not get the value Noel is worth (I really wish they would keep him and trade Okafor, but both will probably be traded, would still want Noel between the two). I don't even want to continue. If people don't understand they're on the way up, I don't know what to say.
the cupboard was beyond empty when Hinkie took over- Iggy was gone, they gave up a lot for Bynum and he was an outright failure...

they needed to do the whole bottom out thing- its just hard to see it go on for 3-4 years and see the potential for another 2-3 years before they really contend.

How long has the process been thus far?--

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the cupboard was beyond empty when Hinkie took over- Iggy was gone, they gave up a lot for Bynum and he was an outright failure...

they needed to do the whole bottom out thing- its just hard to see it go on for 3-4 years and see the potential for another 2-3 years before they really contend.

How long has the process been thus far?--

that being said, what does contend mean? When they started the Heat were going to contend from the east. Now the cavs are going to contest for the east. From the West the Warriors are there, maybe the spurs, clips, etc, might give a run, but the Sixers are going on a path to get there and it's looking nice to me. I'm happy with it. I don't know how any fan can talk shit on it unless they're a fan of a team other than the cavs, warriors, spurts, etc... that actually have a chance to win this thing within the next two years or so.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that being said, what does contend mean? When they started the Heat were going to contend from the east. Now the cavs are going to contest for the east. From the West the Warriors are there, maybe the spurs, clips, etc, might give a run, but the Sixers are going on a path to get there and it's looking nice to me. I'm happy with it. I don't know how any fan can talk shit on it unless they're a fan of a team other than the cavs, warriors, spurts, etc... that actually have a chance to win this thing within the next two years or so.
i was just curious as you seem to have a good handle on it--- how long has the actual rebuild been going on for- and when do you see it coming to an end?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That is exactly why I think the 6ers have done it right while most teams have it wrong. Most teams, (like my Wizards) seem to build toward being an a solid playoff team, but not one that has any real chance of contending.

Hinkie had the courage not to cut the rebuild short even when most around the league were calling him out. He did a great job and all 6er fans will be very happy with the results in a few years (that is if the Colangelos don't take a short cut and screw it up).

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I , for one , am looking forward to seeing Kat vs. Embiid tonight.

#EvolutionOfTheBigMan

Yeah...that didn't go so well. Sixers forgot to show up.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, not the best showing. But fuck it, it's the last time they have a national audience this year. I hope the haters were happy.