• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ohio State breaks all time record for Sagarin and FPI rating models

olympicoscar

Life is what you've made of it.
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 2019 Buckeyes have posted a 107.55 score in the Sagarin College Football ratings system and a 34.7 rating in ESPN's FPI system, both of which are all-time records for each computer rating system.

Ohio State's 107.55 Sagarin rating is the best of any team since the BCS and College Football Playoff era began in 1998, topping 2005 Texas (106.93) as well as 2001 Miami (106.36).

The Buckeyes' 34.7 FPI rating – which rates Ohio State by how many points better it is than an average college football team – is also the highest since the ratings metric began in 2004, topping the previous high set of 34.5 which was set by USC between September and October of 2005.

So far this season, Ohio State has the No. 1 scoring offense, averaging 51 points per game, and No. 5 offense in the country in terms of both yards per play (7.22 yards per play) and total yardage (4,823 yards), and the No. 1 defense in the country in terms of yards per play (3.52 yards per play), total yardage (1,933 yards) and scoring defense (8.60 points per game).

The Buckeyes have played three teams currently ranked in the AP top-25 by a combined score of 141-17. Ohio State now has three regular-season games remaining against Rutgers and two ranked opponents in Penn State and Michigan.

Ohio State Breaks All-Time Records for Sagarin and FPI Rating Models

Our honor defend we will fight to the end for O-hi-o.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't be so insecure, it's a bad look.
Oh that dude has been big mad ever since Saturday. He can only bring up things from past irrelevant seasons because he knows his team would get boat-raced by OSU this season.

Reactions: gob

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like Michigan is playing good football in this second half of the season....but god damn this OSU team looks like a team you'd make in a computer game. I simply don't know how you can stop them.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like Michigan is playing good football in this second half of the season....but god damn this OSU team looks like a team you'd make in a computer game. I simply don't know how you can stop them.
I think I can confidently say that there isn't a single OSU player who is overlooking Penn State, and definitely not michigan. You guys came into Columbus last year riding a major high and looking dominant as hell, and all of the guys in our locker room remember not only how they were able to do what they did, but how much it had to have pissed off every guy on your team. If I were to bet, I'd say we win, but I don't know that I'd put much money on it, if any. That Notre Dame game was total dominance.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I can confidently say that there isn't a single OSU player who is overlooking Penn State, and definitely not michigan. You guys came into Columbus last year riding a major high and looking dominant as hell, and all of the guys in our locker room remember not only how they were able to do what they did, but how much it had to have pissed off every guy on your team. If I were to bet, I'd say we win, but I don't know that I'd put much money on it, if any. That Notre Dame game was total dominance.
I can see a close game early only to be gashed by long plays the destroy our soul. Given the weakness of our defense is long plays in man to man, I just see that playing right into the strength of this OSU team.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s what happens when you don’t play decent teams
We have been trying to get rid of scUM and replace them with a decent team but the B1G wont let that happen.

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s what happens when you don’t play decent teams

uh.

"when you don't play decent teams"..........

um. you get that michigan is in the same conference and is playing all the same "undecent" teams......... ?

Boglodyte

2 things that make life worth living, guns/cigars
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
uh.

"when you don't play decent teams"..........

um. you get that michigan is in the same conference and is playing all the same "undecent" teams......... ?

In conference, for the most part, yes.Tell me again what was tough about their OOC games.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh that dude has been big mad ever since Saturday. He can only bring up things from past irrelevant seasons because he knows his team would get boat-raced by OSU this season.

When you've lost 3 seasons in a row to teams you shouldn't have lost to, it becomes kind of a trend. Which is why you guys got a whole thread bitching about the predictive formula of the FPI disrespecting tOSU and another bragging about having the highest FPI rating ever...y'all have a history of the left hand and right hand not communicating. Oklahoma earned Choklahoma for doing less. ChOhio State doesn't have the same ring to it though.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see a close game early only to be gashed by long plays the destroy our soul. Given the weakness of our defense is long plays in man to man, I just see that playing right into the strength of this OSU team.
Oh, well that's good to hear.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you've lost 3 seasons in a row to teams you shouldn't have lost to, it becomes kind of a trend. Which is why you guys got a whole thread bitching about the predictive formula of the FPI disrespecting tOSU and another bragging about having the highest FPI rating ever...y'all have a history of the left hand and right hand not communicating. Oklahoma earned Choklahoma for doing less. ChOhio State doesn't have the same ring to it though.
Well, it's not 3 seasons in a row. In 2016 our only losses were to the national champion and to another top 10 team on the road. Doesn't really support your claim. Also, you're aware that a game from 2 years ago, and even a game from last year, are irrelevant to this season, right?

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ChOhio doesn't make any fucking sense, anyway.

ChOhio?

Bayou Tiger

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Hoopla Cash
$ 600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
....but god damn this OSU team looks like a team you'd make in a computer game. I simply don't know how you can stop them.

Wait I know!

giphy.gif

tenor.gif

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In conference, for the most part, yes.Tell me again what was tough about their OOC games.

lol.

oh, by all means, lets compare OOC games.

FAU - beat them soundly, basically 45-6, and gave up two TDs in garbage time........
#17 Cincy - respectable/quality win - 42-0
Miami OH - 76-0 Did what we should......... destroyed them.

Middle Tennessee - 40-21 -gave up 2 TDs in the first half with starters in...... these weren't garbage time points.....
Army - 24-21 - barely beat a bad Army team. tied at the half....... good thing they got that FG to win. LMAO.... not a good look.
#16 ND - good win - 45-14 #17

and I never said OSU had the toughest on the planet OOC games........

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

oh bull fucking shit. ya fucking loser. 2 years. lmao. trend................ right.....