• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ohhh Freddie boy

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neat, inflation is out of hand bad, the border crisis is worsening, Biden lied when he said he would kill Covid And of course who really knows if any more cities will turn into scenes from red dawn like Portland and Seattle had. All this while gas prices are high, each new week it feels like something else can’t be had at the store and MSM continues to divide. This is a total disaster right now. Pretending to skip over it is disingenuous.

my IRA and 401k are up over a million in the last year. I’m not that concerned about spending 3 cents a gallon more for gas. Trump’s wall was his biggest disaster, so hopefully that is a joke that we will never have to see again, and the problems in the cities seem more to do with Trumpers than anything else. I honestly hope Trump runs again in 2024. We will finally be able to shut the door on him.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my IRA and 401k are up over a million in the last year. I’m not that concerned about spending 3 cents a gallon more for gas. Trump’s wall was his biggest disaster, so hopefully that is a joke that we will never have to see again, and the problems in the cities seem more to do with Trumpers than anything else. I honestly hope Trump runs again in 2024. We will finally be able to shut the door on him.
lol

My 401k jumped almost 3 times higher during trump Then this year with Brandon.

Texas is currently building ( and paying for) the completion of the wall in their state. Really not a disaster, even after dementia Joe continued to build it.

3 cents a gallon? Try almost a $1 bump. ”Millionaires” like you want to make out to be here might not feel this but for the average Joe who doesn’t have millions (me ) it adds up and hurts. And all for what?

The problem in the cities are trumpers? I sincerely hope that was a tongue in cheek joke. Antifa is run by trump supporters?Trump supporters looted and rioted in many major cities? That comment if wasnt a joke is how I know you are a full blown libitard. No one in their right mind is saying and meaning it’s trumpers causing problems in the major cities.

The only thing that doesn’t make you look like a complete joke is your last 2 sentences. If trump wins the nomination, it’ll be 4 more years of a democrat.

Ron G

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am confident that all whose net worth rose by over a million dollars are not concerned about a 3 cent increase per gallon
For those who have not had that big an increase, they are very concerned about an $1 increase (50%).

If you were fully invested, a million-dollar increase means you had a minimum of $3.5 million to start the year. That is excellent, but it is rarified air and a pipe dream for the general public. You are in the top 1.5% and maybe the top 1% in net worth.
I hope you are doing your share in charitable donations and maybe paying a little extra in taxes than your "fair share" whatever that is.

Ron G

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

Texas is currently building ( and paying for) the completion of the wall in their state. Really not a disaster, even after dementia Joe continued to build it.

3 cents a gallon? Try almost a $1 bump. ”Millionaires” like you want to make out to be here might not feel this but for the average Joe who doesn’t have millions (me ) it adds up and hurts. And all for what?

The problem in the cities are trumpers? I sincerely hope that was a tongue in cheek joke. Antifa is run by trump supporters?Trump supporters looted and rioted in many major cities? That comment if wasnt a joke is how I know you are a full blown libitard. No one in their right mind is saying and meaning it’s trumpers causing problems in the major cities.

The only thing that doesn’t make you look like a complete joke is your last 2 sentences. If trump wins the nomination, it’ll be 4 more years of a democrat.
Maybe he is thinking about those Chicago white guys who wore MAGA hats, beat up Smollett while stating Chicago was MAGA country.

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

you mean in Trumps 4 years versus Biden’s one year.

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am confident that all whose net worth rose by over a million dollars are not concerned about a 3 cent increase per gallon
For those who have not had that big an increase, they are very concerned about an $1 increase (50%).

If you were fully invested, a million-dollar increase means you had a minimum of $3.5 million to start the year. That is excellent, but it is rarified air and a pipe dream for the general public. You are in the top 1.5% and maybe the top 1% in net worth.
I hope you are doing your share in charitable donations and maybe paying a little extra in taxes than your "fair share" whatever that is.

$3.5 million is certainly not rarified air. And I think it’s at most a moderate amount for many, if not most investors. Certainly for those who have hit 60. As for my charitable donations, I give some, probably not as much as I should, most of it going to colleges. As for my taxes, I pay what the IRS says I should pay, and what the states say I should pay in the area of property taxes. I don’t feel obligated to pay more in taxes than required by law.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It basically made that big jump in 2 years.

Thanks for not disagreeing with anything I said.
Totally forgot to think about a siggy for you, your pimping Conservative ideology totally threw me off, lol. Kind of a fan of West Virginia right now, in general, hard to hate on you for being a WVU fan. Can I get an extension? I'll try not to make it too hard to endure?

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally forgot to think about a siggy for you, your pimping Conservative ideology totally threw me off, lol. Kind of a fan of West Virginia right now, in general, hard to hate on you for being a WVU fan. Can I get an extension? I'll try not to make it too hard to endure?
Anything for you my 6 college friend!

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You probably could have just started with this and our convo would be over.

obviously me not thinking would have made it much easier for me to understand you.

Ron G

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
$3.5 million is certainly not rarified air. And I think it’s at most a moderate amount for many, if not most investors. Certainly for those who have hit 60. As for my charitable donations, I give some, probably not as much as I should, most of it going to colleges. As for my taxes, I pay what the IRS says I should pay, and what the states say I should pay in the area of property taxes. I don’t feel obligated to pay more in taxes than required by law.
Not sure where you get your statistics. Median net worth (as many below as above) for those over 60 is about $240,000. The average is about $800,000. Average net worth is skewed by the ultra-rich (Buffet, Munger, Soros etc.).
In absolute numbers, $3,500,000 puts a person, in the top 1.5% of the country (98.5 percentile). That is for a household, not just an individual. If you think that is 'at most moderate" you are blissfully unaware of the world around you.

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure where you get your statistics. Median net worth (as many below as above) for those over 60 is about $240,000. The average is about $800,000. Average net worth is skewed by the ultra-rich (Buffet, Munger, Soros etc.).
In absolute numbers, $3,500,000 puts a person, in the top 1.5% of the country (98.5 percentile). That is for a household, not just an individual. If you think that is 'at most moderate" you are blissfully unaware of the world around you.

so the top 1.5% of the US households means that a $3.5 million net worth household would rank in the top 2,000,000. I seriously doubt ranking #2,000,000 should be considered rarified in any respect.

Ron G

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so the top 1.5% of the US households means that a $3.5 million net worth household would rank in the top 2,000,000. I seriously doubt ranking #2,000,000 should be considered rarified in any respect.
There are approximately 330,000,000 people in the US. Of that about 5,500,000 have $3.500,000.
That means 325,500,000 people fall below that number.
This started as a football playoff thread. For comparison, there are 130 Division 1 football teams. Georgia and Alabama represent about 1.5%. Using your logic, that is nothing special.

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are approximately 330,000,000 people in the US. Of that about 5,500,000 have $3.500,000.
That means 325,500,000 people fall below that number.
This started as a football playoff thread. For comparison, there are 130 Division 1 football teams. Georgia and Alabama represent about 1.5%. Using your logic, that is nothing special.

so You think 330,000,000 minus 5,500,000 is 325,500,000. I stopped reading after I saw your math.

Ron G

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so You think 330,000,000 minus 5,500,000 is 325,500,000. I stopped reading after I saw your math.
Ok, so I made an error. It is 324,500,000. The difference does not change the point. Now please read the rest of the post.

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, so I made an error. It is 324,500,000. The difference does not change the point. Now please read the rest of the post.

So I read the rest of your post, and using your logic, if I’m worth $3.5 million, I’m the equivalent of a college football team who finished first or second in the nation. And since the $3.5 million was just an estimate for the IRA and the 401K, if the actual net worth was significantly higher than just my retirement accounts, would that have you equating me to the #1 team in the country? Or at a minimum, the #2 team in the country?