• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Oh Yeah, It's RRSO Week/Fuck Texas and Fuck their stupid Cow

Inquisitor95

Unexpected Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both this year and last year have an almost identical scenario. A burnt-orange mob is calling for Strong's head after poor and too-often embarrassing play costs us the Cal and Okie St. games. The defense can get mad enough and redeem itself Saturday. Then Charlie gets off the hot seat briefly. But the rest of the Big 12 can still light them up. So it won't be any different from last year. Or when Manny Diaz got fired because he didn't have a clue what he was doing against BYU.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both this year and last year have an almost identical scenario. A burnt-orange mob is calling for Strong's head after poor and too-often embarrassing play costs us the Cal and Okie St. games. The defense can get mad enough and redeem itself Saturday. Then Charlie gets off the hot seat briefly. But the rest of the Big 12 can still light them up. So it won't be any different from last year. Or when Manny Diaz got fired because he didn't have a clue what he was doing against BYU.

i always love teh Diaz bashing. Pretty amazing how he has done since he left Texas. La Tech, MSU, and now Miami. For a guy that cant coach, he sure as hell climbed right back up that ladder fast.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i always love teh Diaz bashing. Pretty amazing how he has done since he left Texas. La Tech, MSU, and now Miami. For a guy that cant coach, he sure as hell climbed right back up that ladder fast.

Diaz was awful and Miami has yet to play an opponent with a pulse this year (FAMU, FAU, Appy St, GA TECH).

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Diaz was awful and Miami has yet to play an opponent with a pulse this year (FAMU, FAU, Appy St, GA TECH).

Guy has had success everywhere he has been, but Texas. Perhaps that signals there might have been a larger issue that led to his failure at Texas.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guy has had success everywhere he has been, but Texas. Perhaps that signals there might have been a larger issue that led to his failure at Texas.

Or it's just impossible to field a top 25 defense in this conference. When he made his name in the SEC, the SEC was the worst conference offensively in the country during that time. I believe the SEC had 1 top 50 offense his last year at MSU. Miami has faced the #106th (FAU), #103rd (Appy St) and #97 (GT) scoring offenses and the #118th (FAU), #113th (GT) and #89th (Appy St) total offenses in the country so far. Hence the reason I'm not buying Miami's hype just yet. As awful as Bedford is, I even think he could shut those teams down.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or it's just impossible to field a top 25 defense in this conference. When he made his name in the SEC, the SEC was the worst conference offensively in the country during that time. I believe the SEC had 1 top 50 offense his last year at MSU. Miami has faced the #106th (FAU), #103rd (Appy St) and #97 (GT) scoring offenses and the #118th (FAU), #113th (GT) and #89th (Appy St) total offenses in the country so far. Hence the reason I'm not buying Miami's hype just yet. As awful as Bedford is, I even think he could shut those teams down.

Dont think you need to buy the Miami hype. He keeps getting hired and moving up the ladder. Clearly, coaches respect what he has done since leaving Texas.

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kevin Cosgrove might be looking for a DC job

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
haha-texas.png

Having been all over Texas and living there for the last 9 years I can say this map is 1000% fucking accurate!

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This will be an interesting match-up. I think Mike Stoops coaches some of the worst secondary play I have ever seen, well, until Texas this year. I have no idea how much fight Texas will show up with, but there is a chance there is 1000+ passing yards in this game. 1 Texas is 8th in the Big 12 vs the pass and OU is 9th. Luckily Tech plays in the Big 12

First to 70 wins?

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First to 70 wins?

It's sad. More importantly I am tired of hearing how it's impossible to stop spread offenses. You will get lit up occasionally playing good spread offenses, but it shouldn't be a weekly lock.

BoomerNTX

~Boomer FN Sooner~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 1 loss Texas dominated the stat sheet, just couldn't get out of there own way. It's ok, I know you don't want to admit for some reason Charlie Strong is good in this 1 game.

The reality is the RRR has become Texas' bowl game since they can no longer qualify for post season play. It is the alpha and omega.....the beginning and the end for Texas. They put all their eggs in this basket. Whereas OU looks at it as a rivalry game. Great to win, but we'll still be playing in a bowl game in postseason win or lose. Thats the fact, Jack!

B_dub

Hoopla Cash
$ 547.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's sad. More importantly I am tired of hearing how it's impossible to stop spread offenses. You will get lit up occasionally playing good spread offenses, but it shouldn't be a weekly lock.
After the Ohio State game Mike and his otherworldly knowledge informed the media that Ohio State and Houston were running failproof offenses were you can't put the kind of pressure he likes to bring and since they didn't play the way he wanted them to do, it limited what he could bring on defense. But he wouldnt expect "normal people" to understand the complexity of those kind of offenses. :L I would have fired him on the spot.

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I officially approve of this thread.