• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Oh that tricky Melo lol

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No he isn't. First of all, the Knicks have a bunch of ill fitting pieces. They can't really play up tempo and they aren't physical. The triangle probably gives them the best chance at becoming cohesive on offense. But it takes a long time to learn.

20 games in, they have a system that takes a couple of years to learn well, they don't have a lot of talent and what they have doesn't fit well. But you think the coach just needs to adjust his system. :L

Why can't they play up tempo? They're better suited to do it this year with Calderon and Larkin than they were last year with that fatass Ray Felton. Move Melo to PF (which he does quite a bit already), have STAT at C or Jason Smith (Dalembert might be too slow) and play 3 guards at the other spots (Calderon, Smith, Hardaway). If they ditched the more complicated triangle concepts and incorporated more pick and rolls and drive and kicks, that line up would be able to score at more efficient rate than what they're doing now.

Really it boils down to what they want to do this season. If they actually want to make the playoffs, there's no point in running the full triangle. Their players' skillset aren't suited for it and forcing them to learn it isn't going to help especially if many of these players aren't going to be on the roster beyond this year. If they actually want to win, the coach has to adjust to the talent he has to put them in the best situation to succeed. But if they don't give a shit about this year, they can keep running the full triangle, keeping sucking ass and get a draft pick (I think NY still owns their 2015 pick but I'm not sure). Then basically start over next year with a handful of holdovers that will have some familiarity with the triangle.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who wear the pants in the relationship?

That's not how a marriage works any more in today's society. I don't know who groomed you to believe that, but that attitude is pure fantasy in the real world.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think I'll ever get married again.

I have never been married and yet every week, I see something somewhere to remind me of what I missed which is...........

why I am still single:lol:

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
r u forgetting where his wife wants him to be?

sorry his wife can control a lot of things but if he let her control his career he is a grade A p*ssy

Last edited by a moderator:

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:pound: No doubt. I'm pretty sure 'Melo likes having sex with her so, LaLa gets what LaLa wants. Just like every other wife in the world.

When my nephew got married, being just fresh out of the Marines, having fought two tours in Iraq, actually believed he was the boss and in charge... I set him straight though and let him know that the sooner he learns how to say "yes dear" The sooner their marriage will be fun:pound:

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sorry his wife can control a lot of things but he let her control his career he is a grade A p*ssy

That's really irrelevant, because most players have homes on the other side of the United States as opposed to where they play. With the money they make, they could easily have two homes and be together when he is playing at home. No excuse there at all

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why can't they play up tempo? They're better suited to do it this year with Calderon and Larkin than they were last year with that fatass Ray Felton. Move Melo to PF (which he does quite a bit already), have STAT at C or Jason Smith (Dalembert might be too slow) and play 3 guards at the other spots (Calderon, Smith, Hardaway). If they ditched the more complicated triangle concepts and incorporated more pick and rolls and drive and kicks, that line up would be able to score at more efficient rate than what they're doing now.

Really it boils down to what they want to do this season. If they actually want to make the playoffs, there's no point in running the full triangle. Their players' skillset aren't suited for it and forcing them to learn it isn't going to help especially if many of these players aren't going to be on the roster beyond this year. If they actually want to win, the coach has to adjust to the talent he has to put them in the best situation to succeed. But if they don't give a shit about this year, they can keep running the full triangle, keeping sucking ass and get a draft pick (I think NY still owns their 2015 pick but I'm not sure). Then basically start over next year with a handful of holdovers that will have some familiarity with the triangle.

Uptempo doesn't suit 'Melo, that's why. Also, the triangle takes a long time to learn, but would likely work best with what they've got. It's the system Phil wants and it's what they're going to run. Right now, they are just trying to get it installed and decide who they are keeping. Very similar to what the Lakers are doing with Byron.

You don't scrap a system 20 games into the season. It doesn't matter what system they run, they aren't winning anything this year anyway.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uptempo doesn't suit 'Melo, that's why. Also, the triangle takes a long time to learn, but would likely work best with what they've got. It's the system Phil wants and it's what they're going to run. Right now, they are just trying to get it installed and decide who they are keeping. Very similar to what the Lakers are doing with Byron.

You don't scrap a system 20 games into the season. It doesn't matter what system they run, they aren't winning anything this year anyway.

Melo is a pure scorer. He can play in just about anything. Go back and watch what he did with Karl in Denver. Karl had his Denver teams run like hell to take advantage of Denver's thin air, which is the reason those Nugget teams had such a great home record. This Knicks team has enough talent to make the playoffs in the East so you just can't say they aren't winning anything anyway. Unless you define winning solely by a championship, which is fine if you want. But that might not be the franchise's end all be all goal. Plenty of teams view their season as a success even if they fall short of a title. It really is what the Knicks want to do this year. If they want to win games this year, they have to adjust to what they have. It's that simple.

Plus, its not even like "adjustment" means dump the triangle entirely. There are still basic principles of it that Fisher can keep while running other stuff like the basic triple post option. They can learn the basic stuff while also using conventional sets, win a few more games , and then add stuff later on when they get better pieces. But being totally inflexible isn't a healthy attitude for a coach to have.

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it was all over news when melo left denver, it was LA or NY, lala is a business women, nothing wrong with that!

and melo PF? R U CRAZYYYYYYYYY u don't remember when he was playing that, and the abuse to his body???? c'mon man!

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

gree

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They seem to not even want to learn the triangle. Like Phil said, this team has a losing mentality. Get those players out of there and get the players thay want to learn a system that won 11 rings.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is.

He needs to adjust to his players.

If a system is not working, it is best to move to a system where you can get the best out of your players

I'm dealing with this right now with the Canes in college football. I couldn't agree anymore with this statement.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm dealing with this right now with the Canes in college football. I couldn't agree anymore with this statement.

That's not quite the same though. In CFB, you recruit guys to what you want to fill out your roster. In pro sports, especially in the NBA with guaranteed contracts, its much harder to turn over a roster. Coaches have styles they want to run, but they have to tweak things around their players to highlight their strengths. They can move one or two guys that don't fit, but its pretty damn hard to move 5+ guys with the way contracts are set up