• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

oh my leg

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ouch.

well, another slow start to keep us from getting the #1 seed and home field advantage.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guess we'll find out...

What I found interesting was that the leg had a sleeve on it...indicating he was already battling a tight calf muscle, or had a slight pull already. In the heat that they practiced in last week, I find it interesting that they didn't just hold him out. I know Joe wouldn't have liked that, but it was day 2...tweaks and irritations should be managed early, and again - especially when it was brutally humid out, which taxes the muscles even more...

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it's a repeating pattern at this point.

we may still make the playoffs, but we'll end up playing in Buffalo and ArrowHead or similar.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it's a repeating pattern at this point.

we may still make the playoffs, but we'll end up playing in Buffalo and ArrowHead or similar.
Won in both places...so, not really concerned. Better at home, certainly would be preferable, but in the grand scheme of things - a calf strain isn't quite the same as coming back from ACL or an appendectomy. There's a lot of work he can still get done that he would not have been able to do the past few seasons.

Set back? For sure - that serious? Not really.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What pattern are you seeing that's a concern?
The one where Burrow keeps leading us to a AFC North Crown. The one where he keeps winning stupid playoff games. It would be nice to start day dreaming about #1 overall picks again instead of these stupid potential SB appearances that makes us draft at the back of the 1st round. Uhhggg!

Picklerick 2.0

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The one where Burrow keeps leading us to a AFC North Crown. The one where he keeps winning stupid playoff games. It would be nice to start day dreaming about #1 overall picks again instead of these stupid potential SB appearances that makes us draft at the back of the 1st round. Uhhggg!
Some people will never be satisfied.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
would be nice to have the #1 seed.

that seems to be the missing piece of the puzzle.

hopefully Joe can make it back and we don't drop the first 2 or 3 games again.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
would be nice to have the #1 seed.

that seems to be the missing piece of the puzzle.

hopefully Joe can make it back and we don't drop the first 2 or 3 games again.
I'm with you. This set back sucks, but in the grand scheme of things it hasn't really hurt us. The only loss I fully blame Burrow for last year was the first game against Pitt. However, even then, he brought them back and tied the game with a chance to win the game on the extra point that got hosed because of our long snapper going down, of all people. Burrow will be fine. I am more concerned about all the other moving parts, but even then, we have done a masterful job holding this team together. We should have lost Anarumo this year, and Mixon could have been gone if not restructuring.

I am excited that we finally have a deep enough team to sustain during injury as long as the injury is not Burrow long term. I think Burrow participating in training camp will determine the #1 seed. I think Burrow just a little rehab and doing everything he is still going to do will be fine to get off to a fast start.

It is all going to come down to t he Chiefs game at the end of the year for that #1 seed if both teams are lucky enough to come down to that position again. The AFC is freaking stacked. If Watson returns to 2019/2020 form, the Browns could be pretty awesome. The Ravens have a stellar defense and they added so many weapons on offense along with Lamar being back. I am not even sure we get out of our division on top.

I wouldn't worry about a #1 seed until things kind of get to t hat point. First things first, lets take care of Cleveland and Baltimore in weeks 1 and 2, then we can start focusing on whether we have a legit chance at #1 seed.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

tra getting injured actually helps us a little. we get to keep the other Running backs on the roster and we get to keep him on injured reserve.

it's sad that his career has never really left orbit, but by the time he gets back, someone else is likely to be out.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
one positive to Joe B getting a rest is we get to watch Jake Browning.

I think this guy is a hidden gym. his opportunities aren't that great, as he never lived up to his potential, but maybe he could if he had a proper chance: