• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Oh great...

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
a face mask missed...

game-action05-4_3_rx512_c680x510.jpg

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regarding the Jones kickoff return, Pereira said that they should only call that if the player goes to the ground. But the way Pereira is deflecting everything, it seems that the more he says, the less I believe him. If he were still a ref, I would question his judgment. Why would I stop when he retires and someone puts a mike to his face? All refs are somewhat experts, but all are also human and some have interests tied into this and pride behind the uniform. If they were interested in screwing us, they could probably find a hold on a Ginn TD return, if they so chose. (I think most kickoff returns have some blocks that can be subjectively turned one way or another.)

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow the more information and evidence that comes out the worse I feel about this game. The refs clearly were gonna let the Ravens commit as many violations as they wanted without calling them. I respect this championship less and less every day, it certainly doesn't appear that they earned it, it seems like they just accepted a handout.

The NFL should really feel ashamed about this one.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow the more information and evidence that comes out the worse I feel about this game. The refs clearly were gonna let the Ravens commit as many violations as they wanted without calling them. I respect this championship less and less every day, it certainly doesn't appear that they earned it, it seems like they just accepted a handout.

The NFL should really feel ashamed about this one.

You know, part of me felt that I'd feel better to be able to say we lost it unfairly rather than a blowout that it looked to be, but that's not true. If I'm going to lose, I'd rather have the blowout. Then, we can really learn from this and move on. 34-23 or something with none of these calls.

Of course, I'd want the win and I'd even rather win with the calls screwing the Ravens over than either of those options. But the payoff of saying I was rightfully the winner, isn't paying off. It's like when you return something that you found because it's the right thing to do to have the person you returned it to, accuse you of trying to steal it. I'm like, Damnit, I should have kept the damn thing, the right thing didn't feel good.

Last edited by a moderator:

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Yeah right. 1 play vs how many in that Superbowl? The 49ers spotted the Ravens an entire half of football and they still needed the refs to bail them out.

"bail them out???" You mean call penalties when the Ravens actually committed them? Yeah, they needed that to happen.

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who gives a FUCK! The game is over! Yeah the 49ers were held during the kick off and punt but the 49ers had first and goal and blew it on all 4 chances to take the lead.

All I can think of is this motivating the 49ers to have a perfect season next year. Williams blew the 12 season, Refs blew the 13 season.

Next Year Boys! Go 49ers!

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know what the remedy for this holding call would have been. A double safety? I don't think there's a provision for putting time on the clock in that scenario.

That's a loophole that I don't know how to close. My solution would be that if that happens, the safety counts and the time goes back to where the play started. I wouldn't go back to when the hold was because then there's less incentive to not hold. I originally was thinking to award a TD, but obviously that's too steep and I would feel bad for a good faith hold. Opposite of a ten second runoff - add ten seconds?

I don't think this got/will get enough play. Everyone's talking about the hold. This is what could be actionable in the competition committee if there was more press and less politics (I think it would be unfruitful if the Niners tried to get this addressed). After all, one day we made need to use this.

Aside: what if the rule was changed to running out of bounds to avoid a tackle = more than a safety. As in make the fucker take a hit or go down in play. The reason why I mention this is because safety is only the appropriate penalty/reward for being tackled in the end zone when you are trying to punt, pass, or run. Going out of bounds on purpose to run the clock out has none of those purposes. But I'm ok with this, because it is a strategy, just not the hold. It just seemed there was no risk in that play. Hold and you have no punishment, even if called.

This coupled with a rule that if the kicking team's sideline attempts to tackle or impede with the returning team, an automatic touchdown is called. Pre-emptive, but who knows if this will be an issue in 0-40 years from now. Players are becoming more Machiavellian; I think that one day, someone will do this, saying screw this, I might as well take the penalty rather than watching a TD (on a non-clear path where the opposing team needs more than a FG but <6). Make them have to try for another TD or kick the FG, they might miss. (Yes, I know the refs can call a TD; I want it automatic. Unjust? Then don't do it! Teach your team not to do it. This would be different than storming the field too early, unless doing so is likely to impede the runner. Storming the field or a few players on the field, would just be a 15 yard penalty if it didn't appear to have an impact or intended impact.)

I'd also make every play reviewable and if it's a judgment call, let the ref rejudge it. You'd skill only get two challenges and the timeout if you don't succeed. Maybe if it is a judgment call, you are charged a timeout regardless. Obviously, the whistle couldn't be unblown, so not every play could be reversed, but in general. I do see the rationale for a whistle blow being the end, because some stop playing at the whistle. You can't have grey area there or there will be more injuries by some stopping and others not.

Last edited by a moderator:

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFL game Ray Lewis his perfect send off. Hgh will not be tested until next year and Ray is retired, so I bet he made a deal with the league. Give me another super bowl and I wont except a hall of fame introduction.

Ray = :hdn: = NFL.
Ray = :bj: = NFL

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously Jesus Christ. Cut it out.

Now I see why people call us the whiners. I can be mad at the refs the same I can be mad that the niners didn't get it done when they clearly could have. Ill never like a Super Bowl loss but stop making 1500 posts about the refs. We lost and can't do a damn thing about it! Lets move on!

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Seriously Jesus Christ. Cut it out.

Now I see why people call us the whiners. I can be mad at the refs the same I can be mad that the niners didn't get it done when they clearly could have. Ill never like a Super Bowl loss but stop making 1500 posts about the refs. We lost and can't do a damn thing about it! Lets move on!

Who called the post police?

I know we exceeded our 1450 post limit about the ref's while there's next to no football news going on, but just let us off with a warning.