• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Oh Boy.... "Spygate 2.0?"

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look, I’m a lifelong pats fan but I’m telling you I’m not a “homer”. I’m critical of them. Also, I don’t take sports stuff serious. Trust me, when I lived in Boston I did. After I got out I realized how unhealthy the sports fandom is there. I’ve still got my season tix and I’ve been to several SBs including last years but it’s strictly entertainment for me

That all being said, I’m telling you they absolutely did NOT videotape that walk thru. How do I know? It’s all out there on the internet from VERY credible sources. First, the pats video staff was in the superdome during the practices. They were there setting up their cameras for the game. However, superdome personnel testified that there was no power to the areas where they were setting up the cameras. Therefore, It was impossible to operate the equipment. Second, and even more credible Matt Walsh (the guy who was doing the videotaping) testified the he did NOT tape the walk thru. Matt Walsh HATES the patriots. He was fired by them and when spy gate broke he willingly and voluntarily complied with the leagues investigation. He was with another guy who was setting up the cameras and after they left the superdome he turned to the guy he was with and said “hey, we should have videotaped that”. They never even tried.

Third, The Boston newspaper that first reported that the pats taped the walk thru had to issue a retraction of their story once it was conclusively proven to not be true.

As far as Kurt Warner’s statement, I believe he was correct. The pats did know. How? They had videotaped the signals in the past. (Again, signals were videotaped but NOT the walk thru). Pats don’t deny they did that. In fact other teams did it too because at that time it was NOT against the rules!!

The NFL rules clearly stated that you could not videotape signals AND use those videotapes DURING THE SAME GAME. Again, you could videotape but you couldn’t use them during the same game. That’s why ALL teams videotaped.

The NFL wanted to curtail the practice of videotaping signals so during the off season before the pats got caught the league issued a MEMO saying “don’t videotape”. They never changed the ACTUAL rule. They simply issued a memo. BB was arrogant and said “it’s just a memo. It’s not an actual rule change so I’m gonna follow the RULE and continue to videotape but not use the videotape DURING THE SAME GAME.” He was WRONG to do that. He knew what the league meant but he tried to skirt the intent by hiding behind the inconsistency between the memo and the actual rule.

I just posted what I thought happened in 2002 but of course I do not have a smoking gun. But this discovery with the Bengals sure makes a guy wonder. You would think the Pats org would not go anywhere near an opponents field with a camera. But I will accept the Patriots explanation until proven otherwise.

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just posted what I thought happened in 2002 but of course I do not have a smoking gun. But this discovery with the Bengals sure makes a guy wonder. You would think the Pats org would not go anywhere near an opponents field with a camera. But I will accept the Patriots explanation until proven otherwise.

Dude, I am 100% with you!! In fact, I’ll take it a step further even if they didn’t do anything intentionally wrong and it was truly an “oversight” they should still get whacked!! Why? As you said, they needed to be 100% on top of it given the past. If the bengals had made an unintentional error I would let it slide. The Pats put themselves in a different category.

If this was intentional. If the person filming says that someone in the Pats organization told him to do it then kraft should fire BB. If an employee brought disgrace like that to my company I’d fire their ass no matter how productive they were.

Let’s see how this plays out.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, I am 100% with you!! In fact, I’ll take it a step further even if they didn’t do anything intentionally wrong and it was truly an “oversight” they should still get whacked!! Why? As you said, they needed to be 100% on top of it given the past. If the bengals had made an unintentional error I would let it slide. The Pats put themselves in a different category.

If this was intentional. If the person filming says that someone in the Pats organization told him to do it then kraft should fire BB. If an employee brought disgrace like that to my company I’d fire their ass no matter how productive they were.

Let’s see how this plays out.

Belichick will probably have his son Steven be the fall guy. " Son, tell them you set it up, being green and naive and weed is on da house!!!"

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can we get a mod to pin this thread til we have some resolution?

Sonny, you’re a mod, right?

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can we get a mod to pin this thread til we have some resolution?

Sonny, you’re a mod, right?

No I should be the guy but not donating anything didn't help

Carnzo

Go Pats!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I nominate Sonny for mod.
Levelheaded and a great poster.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have lived in the Northeast for 50 years and have tried it many times. Also as soon as I take a football out of my trunk or garage, I could tell in a second if it is underinflated and needs air. The refs touched the ball after every play and not 1 noticed? Pats score 17 pts with low pressure in first half and 28 after correct pressure and Brady went for like 13-13 to start of second half, so the added pressure helped.
There's my point refs not giving a shit again. Let me fire a few hard footballs at you in the cold let's see if the rock hard football breaks your fingers more than a limp ball. We all know the answer so why play dumb and use a half of football to make a point you are better than that Sonny. There is a statistical anomaly on fumbles as well no one is making that shit up.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's my point refs not giving a shit again. Let me fire a few hard footballs at you in the cold let's see if the rock hard football breaks your fingers more than a limp ball. We all know the answer so why play dumb and use a half of football to make a point you are better than that Sonny. There is a statistical anomaly on fumbles as well no one is making that shit up.

I play football here in the winter, I know what a cold football feels like. In fact I don't wear gloves like the NFL receivers do. They are making the shit up on fumbles because at first all the conspiracy theorists said that less air made it easier to throw, proved wrong and then it was so the RB wouldn't fumble as much, and guess what the Pat's RB's didn't fumble anymore. Please FFF I like you but stop and live in the real world. The lady that Kraft was caught with in Fl was in her 50's nobody is going to HT her. In fact they prob tried getting rid of her but she won't leave

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He should be

Thanks@ Carnzo The Cape isn't too far from me, if you ever need any help moving or disposing of, I can grab a Uhaul and shovels

Carnzo

Go Pats!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks@ Carnzo The Cape isn't too far from me, if you ever need any help moving or disposing of, I can grab a Uhaul and shovels
Thanks but we have a place offshore that the draggers can't fish.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What was that stat
I play football here in the winter, I know what a cold football feels like. In fact I don't wear gloves like the NFL receivers do. They are making the shit up on fumbles because at first all the conspiracy theorists said that less air made it easier to throw, proved wrong and then it was so the RB wouldn't fumble as much, and guess what the Pat's RB's didn't fumble anymore. Please FFF I like you but stop and live in the real world. The lady that Kraft was caught with in Fl was in her 50's nobody is going to HT her. In fact they prob tried getting rid of her but she won't leave
Hammer pulled up something like +172 turnover differential to next best 89....wake up out of your comas. Shit like that just doesn't happen because a coach tells their players to hang onto the ball better. Oh of course BB is the only one how stupid of us!

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What was that stat

Hammer pulled up something like +172 turnover differential to next best 89....wake up out of your comas. Shit like that just doesn't happen because a coach tells their players to hang onto the ball better. Oh of course BB is the only one how stupid of us!

Poor naive little Drama Queen (DQ). Have you ever listened to players or documentaries on the Patriot practices? While others are taking days off, the Pats are practicing outside in blizzard like conditions. They practice with wet balls all the time. Oh yeah and don't be late to practice even if there was a blizzard. These are facts and hard for haters to comprehend. Not too mention how the Pats scout. Have you ever looked at the RBs NE routinely draft or sign? The majority are players that have rarely fumbled during their careers.
If you fumble routinely in NE you sit. It's as simple as putting on your tin foil hat every morning.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sonnyblack for Mod

Lord knows we've had worse

Very true. But he'd keep people in line and if he couldn't he'd call one of his "buddies"