• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Offseason moves - YOU GM!!!

CatScrap

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Been going to school, working the equivalent of 2 jobs, running a non profit office building for charity, and in charge of masonic education in the disctrict I'm in.....

Sorry for the absense. Probably not gonna be around much until september due to a heavy class load.

Anyways, here's the moves the sabres should make, but won't, as I see it.

Free Agent Signings
Jiri Hudler - $4,500,000
P-A Parenteau - $5,250,000
Alexei Ponikarovsky - $2,250,000
Tyler Ennis - $2,750,000
Patrick Kaleta - $1,250,000
Kyle Wellwood - $1,500,000

Trades

Trade Jordan Leopold and 1 or 2 second round picks to Ottawa for the negotiation right to Erik Karlsson and sign him for $4,500,000.

Trade Thomas Vanek and 1 or 2 first round picks to Columbus for their first round pick and sign Alexander Golchenkov to his first NHL contract.

This will give you the following top lines with depth, competition, and developing youth at the center position which has been weak for years.

Forwards
Hudler - Roy - Parenteau
Leino - Hodgson/Ennis/Golchenkov - Pominville
Gerbe/Ponikarovsky - Hodgson/Ennis/Golchenkov -Stafford
Gerbe/Ponikarovsky - Hodgson/Ennis/Golchenkov -kaleta
10th forward - Kyle Wellwood

Defense
Myers - Regehr
Ehrhoff - Sekera
Karlsson - Sultzer
7th Defenseman Weber

Goalie
Miller
Enroth

Although this will most likely not bring a cup home in the 2012-2013 season, it does address many much needed short comings of the team. We would again have four scoring line, we would have youth and depth at centre that will develope into strength at center in 1-3 seasons, and we will have added yet another powerplay quarterback to our team. Also, with the addition of Hudler and Parenteau we have added scoring wingers who are less one dimensional and can also be playmakers. I believe setting up a base with this season would allow us the possibility to win the cup in 2-3 seasons.

What you all think? What do you think your team should do?

recon

FLYERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leopold and 2 firsts for Karlsson would never happen.