• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Smackdown thread

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Who cares

It’s the big money fight people wanted since 2020

I am surprised Cody is this over

Seems wwe should’ve done rock/Roman last year and finished the bloodline story by now

BN dragging it out is part of the reason this happened

If you're the Rock and you're a major Hollywood star do you really want to be booed out of the building in a wrestling match? This is while WWE is in a transitional period under new ownership while the prior owner is under federal investigation.

I completely agree Rock/Roman is the biggest money match possible but there were a lot of ways to get there that wouldn't involve a strong possibility of alienating a 65000 person stadium crowd.

If the Rock and current WWE regime doesn't care about the optics of a crowd revolt at WM then I agree it's a moot point.
If this is a detour in a larger story involving Cody I'll watch it play out.
If the plan here is "returning hero" Rock vs Roman there might be a huge problem in the presentation.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you're the Rock and you're a major Hollywood star do you really want to be booed out of the building in a wrestling match? This is while WWE is in a transitional period under new ownership while the prior owner is under federal investigation.

I completely agree Rock/Roman is the biggest money match possible but there were a lot of ways to get there that wouldn't involve a strong possibility of alienating a 65000 person stadium crowd.

If the Rock and current WWE regime doesn't care about the optics of a crowd revolt at WM then I agree it's a moot point.
If this is a detour in a larger story involving Cody I'll watch it play out.
If the plan here is "returning hero" Rock vs Roman there might be a huge problem in the presentation.

Cody hasn’t had any resistance this year

He should have a year of hell and win this title against like Orton next year

He doesn’t need Roman, at all

not even a little bit

But bn does need to get this bloodline story to end

The right ending is solo taking over at HOTT

But he’s not smart enough to do that

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope WWE creative is playing 4D chess on this Cody storyline because if the plan is Rock/Roman at WM then a smark heavy Philly crowd is likely to go rouge

Wwe needs to stick to a plan

Forcing in a guy like Daniel Bryan unnecessarily only makes the product worse

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would he face him at EC?

That doesn’t make sense

And why unify the titles again? They just made the title so that both shows would have titles

That would be worse than when tbey gave that untalented broad Botchy 2 belts the titles

It did nothing for anything and provided no value to humanity
Unify the titles because the title they created is retarded. Roman said exactly what it is, a minor league belt.

No idea why he would face him at EC, just floating an option because unless Rock is going to try to turn heel and be the new Vince McMahon, boss keeping the faces down not the guy with weird fetishes, it doesn’t make any logical sense

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unify the titles because the title they created is retarded. Roman said exactly what it is, a minor league belt.

No idea why he would face him at EC, just floating an option because unless Rock is going to try to turn heel and be the new Vince McMahon, boss keeping the faces down not the guy with weird fetishes, it doesn’t make any logical sense

You mean besides the fans begging for this match since….sept 2020?

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean besides the fans begging for this match since….sept 2020?
Not for the title as well as it is a year late. If it were peak Bloodline then sure. But Jey is gone, Jimmy is a goof ball and Solo is a guy who has zero chance of getting over without Roman unless they change his character. The bloodline story is running on fumes.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not for the title as well as it is a year late. If it were peak Bloodline then sure. But Jey is gone, Jimmy is a goof ball and Solo is a guy who has zero chance of getting over without Roman unless they change his character. The bloodline story is running on fumes.

Which means they should end it

Before Cody’s story for sure

Sikoa would get over as a monster heel with heyman as his mouth piece

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn. It's been 2 days and people are STILL pissed off about the Cody/Roman/Rock situation.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
This Rock slander I'm seeing all over the Internet has to stop.

The man was the biggest star during the biggest boom period in wrestling history. He graciously put over opponents whenever asked.

He came back to help WWE and legitimize the product when he was the biggest star in Hollywood during the WM 28 and 29 period.

As stated earlier either WWE creative is playing 4D chess or there has been a miscalculation on the connection between Cody and the current audience. Cody's story is a 2 year Wrestle Mania journey, a decade long journey of a performer leaving the company a mid carder and coming back a champion, and a multigenerational journey of a son winning the lone title that alluded his canonized father.

But make no mistake about it, the star power The Rock brought to the business in the late 90s and early 00s is a major reason a Mom and Pop company is now part of an international entertainment conglomerate and WM went from one night in hockey arenas to a weekend stadium event.

/Rant over

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
02BBB56A-8D3F-40E4-9F85-5F2E2522A876.png

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
This Rock slander I'm seeing all over the Internet has to stop.

The man was the biggest star during the biggest boom period in wrestling history. He graciously put over opponents whenever asked.

He came back to help WWE and legitimize the product when he was the biggest star in Hollywood during the WM 28 and 29 period.

As stated earlier either WWE creative is playing 4D chess or there has been a miscalculation on the connection between Cody and the current audience. Cody's story is a 2 year Wrestle Mania journey, a decade long journey of a performer leaving the company a mid carder and coming back a champion, and a multigenerational journey of a son winning the lone title that alluded his canonized father.

But make no mistake about it, the star power The Rock brought to the business in the late 90s and early 00s is a major reason a Mom and Pop company is now part of an international entertainment conglomerate and WM went from one night in hockey arenas to a weekend stadium event.

/Rant over
Alluded= Eluded

Sorry for the typo. I got a little worked up on an emotional topic

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which means they should end it

Before Cody’s story for sure

Sikoa would get over as a monster heel with heyman as his mouth piece
I guess I don’t see it with Solo as the bad ass guy even with Heyman. He just comes off as the exact same as Samoa Joe. Plus have you seen how big Paul has gotten, not sure how much longer he is going to be able to be a mouthpiece

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I don’t see it with Solo as the bad ass guy even with Heyman. He just comes off as the exact same as Samoa Joe. Plus have you seen how big Paul has gotten, not sure how much longer he is going to be able to be a mouthpiece

I was thinking umaga

But fair enough

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t like banana nose

But the bayley face turn was perfect

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t like banana nose

But the bayley face turn was perfect
I feel like it has to be difficult to enjoy a show when all you do is tie everything back to HHH.

just accept that he has a role in the making of this show and move on. Watch and enjoy what you want about it

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mania press conference was really good. I think its a pretty clear pivot from what they did last Friday but this track is much more entertaining. It doesn't make perfect sense considering the events from last SD, but if they just acted like it didn't happen and kept going with this, its not gonna matter. This will be good.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mania press conference was really good. I think its a pretty clear pivot from what they did last Friday but this track is much more entertaining. It doesn't make perfect sense considering the events from last SD, but if they just acted like it didn't happen and kept going with this, its not gonna matter. This will be good.
While it still makes Cody look a little bit like a dumbass, they can always say Rock played him when he told him he was going to go after Reigns when clearly it looks like they’re working together based on how that press conference went before Cody came out.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It’s stupid and they booked themselves into a stupid corner

Lame

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
A lot of people mentioned the UFC press conference feel and I noticed that too but there was a Tyson/ SCSA 98 vibe as well.

Not sure where the story is headed or if it makes sense but I'm intrigued