• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Seahawks vs Raiders preseason game thread

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quinn Has looked good for us this preseason. not as good as Jackson but he is not that far behind. His mobility is not on the same level as Jackson and that's been the only thing that's really hurt him. Could this be the year the Hawks carry 3 QB's? I do not think so with the people that will be missing for the first month of the season. It's to bad because he has looked good and if people wouldn't keep dropping his passes he would have looked even better.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quinn Has looked good for us this preseason. not as good as Jackson but he is not that far behind. His mobility is not on the same level as Jackson and that's been the only thing that's really hurt him. Could this be the year the Hawks carry 3 QB's? I do not think so with the people that will be missing for the first month of the season. It's to bad because he has looked good and if people wouldn't keep dropping his passes he would have looked even better.

I doubt it. Like you said Seahawks have more pressing needs. I'm not as impressed with Quinn and feel that it really no contest between him and TJ.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how many drops has Quinn got from the WR now? Harold i never said he out played Jackson, matter of fact i said Jackson has out played him but it's not as big as it seems. Quinn has been a victim of a plethora of drops.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe he's putting to much mustard on his passes? The drops have been from a number of players.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our Running game has looked like Crap. What do we have for rushing like 50 yards on like 30 attempts?

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't think i would judge the quality of the running backs in this game really. I mean come on they have no holes to run through and if they gain 3-4 yards its through contact all the way. Like i said in my earlier post our rushing attack has looked horrible this game. Down right horrible.

Ware has actually the best YPC average out of all the RB in this game lol

Last edited by a moderator:

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing with Ware for me is I thought he had a chance to unset Robinson as FB, but he seemed like the invisible man in preseason. Maybe next year.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hauschka (sp?) kicking harder? Seems like he's getting some of those kickoffs a little further into the endzone.
Its the summertime, the ball flies...He is always been serviceable and mediocre. He isnt a bad kicker at all. He is still young in his career, chances are, he is a little better than last year.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at his kickoffs. They are line drives that don't leave your tv screen, trying to get it deep into the endzone. Then watch the other kickers. Their ball vanishes off the screen and lands in the back of the endzone. The problem with this is if they do return it our cover team doesnt get that extra time to get down the field. He doesn't have a super strong leg but he is serviceable as a kicker. Last season i was worried every time he came out to kick. I think this season i won't be as worried. He still is not Brown or Mare though.

SeattleOspreys

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude ... Really? I bet every seahawks fan on this board will tell you Turbin is a better receiving RB. The Dude made a handful of 1 handed catches last season and some tough ones this preseason. I all ready told you i rated Michael's a little higher than Turbin so get off your shit pile soap box lmao.

Wow someone has feelings softer than warm butter. lol

Michael in my eyes is the fastest RB from stop to start but once they are all going full speed he is not.

I thought boards were here for discussions and stating opinions, right? I didn't say you're "wrong" about Turbin and his catching. In fact, if you'd have quoted it, I said "that's your opinion". I'm stating my opinion on what I've see of Turbin and what I saw from Mike at TAM and a few catches here.

That's just my "opinion" and you have a different "opinion:". So, what's the big deal and comments about shit pile and sensitivity? :noidea:

Sounds like everyone should grab the :cheer2: .
I don't care if fans disagree with me that I don't think Malcolm Smith should sniff the field as anymore than a ST and backup. I find him below avg but PC loves the guy. I don't care if others don't like that I think Turbin is o.k. and should be 3rd on the RB depth chart. Do I care how many disagree with me that I'm not a huge DBevell fan? It's not always a pom pom waving party

:smokin: I just want to have a smoke and enjoy the season. Disagreements and not loving 100% is par for the course, or should be. I now know why Hawk fans are regarded as some of the most uptight and sensitive in the NFL.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It sucks that Williams went out with a concussion after that long reception. Hopefully he's okay by week 1. I wasn't particularly impressed with the offensive line this preseason, though I will say that they've had to use backups more than they probably wanted to and that didn't help, but defenses have been getting too much pressure on our QBs and our running backs aren't finding as many holes to run through as I would like. This shouldn't be as much of an issue when the season starts, but it has bugged me.

I've been very impressed with quite a few guys this preseason and I think they've have played themselves onto the team or solidified their place on the team, and if not our team, someone else's team: Michael, Williams, Mayowa, Bradford, Jackson, Thurmond, Kearse, Willson and Lotulelei. With a lot of our front line guys sitting for various reasons, these guys had a chance to show what they can do and they should come away with jobs here for their efforts.

As an aside... I love shark's avatar and I hate the bickering going on here. That crap was supposed to be left behind at our former boards. This is an exciting year for our team and I'd hate to see bickering take any enjoyment out of it. It's okay to disagree, but whatever bad blood there might have been back on the old board needs to be left there. This is a chance to start fresh. Let's not let stuff in the past taint that.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So instead of being a smart ass regarding my avator or name I call him, why not give your opinion on what your eyes tell you?

Ok, you just wanted to :ss:

Turbin is NOT better at catching .

you stated an opinion as fact right here, you also by doing this said i was "wrong"

I thought boards were here for discussions and stating opinions, right? I didn't say you're "wrong" about Turbin and his catching.

I don't care if fans disagree with me that I don't think Malcolm Smith should sniff the field as anymore than a ST and backup. I find him below avg but PC loves the guy. I don't care if others don't like that I think Turbin is o.k. and should be 3rd on the RB depth chart. Do I care how many disagree with me that I'm not a huge DBevell fan? It's not always a pom pom waving party

sounds like you DO care.
:smokin: I just want to have a smoke and enjoy the season. Disagreements and not loving 100% is par for the course, or should be. I now know why Hawk fans are regarded as some of the most uptight and sensitive in the NFL.

LMAO you stated your OPINION as FACT. Now had you said " I think such and such" instead of " He is NOT" The only one that was uptight was you. Calm down not everyone is going to agree with you and when you state your opinion as fact no one will agree with you. With these posts i really do not think you are the original Osprey and i believe Harold should keep a eye on you. Also look at my posts. I used stats/numbers when i stated something as a fact.

Turbin has made some unbelievable catches for a RB his size. Christine has what? 4 catches in the NFL? i stated there is not enough info on him all ready and you got all bent like i stated it as fact. Calm down, enjoy the forums and maybe if you just act a little nicer you wouldn't have 3 other people in this one thread laughing at you and giving you thumbs down. I was not arguing with you i was having a discussion. Then you said i was just stirring the shit, which i wasn't. Anyone worthy of being a Hawks fan would know everything i stated. I was not saying Turbin was a Better all around running back. I was stating that Turbin does some things better but i even listed Michael's as doing more things better than Turbin. This upset you but i am lost as to why?:noidea:

Also if my last name was Davies NEVER EVER call me DAV, you do not turn a last mans name into a first name nickname. That's a Sir name, that's a mans heritage. Respect their heritage please. :doh:

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It sucks that Williams went out with a concussion after that long reception. Hopefully he's okay by week 1. I wasn't particularly impressed with the offensive line this preseason, though I will say that they've had to use backups more than they probably wanted to and that didn't help, but defenses have been getting too much pressure on our QBs and our running backs aren't finding as many holes to run through as I would like. This shouldn't be as much of an issue when the season starts, but it has bugged me.

I've been very impressed with quite a few guys this preseason and I think they've have played themselves onto the team or solidified their place on the team, and if not our team, someone else's team: Michael, Williams, Mayowa, Bradford, Jackson, Thurmond, Kearse, Willson and Lotulelei. With a lot of our front line guys sitting for various reasons, these guys had a chance to show what they can do and they should come away with jobs here for their efforts.

As an aside... I love shark's avatar and I hate the bickering going on here. That crap was supposed to be left behind at our former boards. This is an exciting year for our team and I'd hate to see bickering take any enjoyment out of it. It's okay to disagree, but whatever bad blood there might have been back on the old board needs to be left there. This is a chance to start fresh. Let's not let stuff in the past taint that.

:agree:

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked what I saw from the TE's. Willson made some plays, McGrath looked solid and even Cooper Helfet looked good out there. Also nice to see Miller on the field.
Offensive line was disappointing again, looks like Bowie suffered a serious shoulder injury and could go on IR. Likely this gives Person or Johnson a shot to make the team. Good to see Carp out there as well.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Do you think that Carpenter would be one of our starting guards if he were 100% healthy?

Kingdome fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hauschka made 3 FGs over 50 yards last night. He was 1 for 4 the entire last year. This could be a good year for Steve.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hauschka made 3 FGs over 50 yards last night. He was 1 for 4 the entire last year. This could be a good year for Steve.

And he was about a yard away from making one from 60+. He had a good preseason.

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How did Carp look? How much time did he get? What about Miller? Did he get any targets? I am recording the game replay tonight on NFL network. Just curious of some of your thoughts before I see it for myself.