• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Seahawks vs Raiders preseason game thread

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Players expected out tonight include:

Rice, Lynch, Robinson, Avril, Bennett, Clemons, Mebane, and McDaniel.

Expect to only see Wilson and most starters in for 1-2 series.

Tonight is the last audition for bubble players trying to make the roster. The 53 + 8 PS cuts will happen within the next couple days.

Terrelle Pryor will get most of the snaps tonight with Matt Flynn out with an elbow issue.

Go Hawks!!!

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think one of the key things to watch to night is the play of Turbin and Michael. Expect to see them a lot tonight. Both of them should have their way with the Raiders D.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Things I want to watch:

Carpenter/Irvin play: Carpenter is getting some of his first reps and Irvin at OLB will be interesting.
QB Depth: Who do we have?
Michael/Turbin ordeal (obviously)
Return game, guys stepping up in this area.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Luke Wilson is going to be a beast in this league.

K, we're done. PULL the starters. We just trashed a crap team. Let's not press any luck.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice opening drive. I know its the Raiders and preseason ,but still nice to see.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hauschka (sp?) kicking harder? Seems like he's getting some of those kickoffs a little further into the endzone.

SeattleOspreys

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think one of the key things to watch to night is the play of Turbin and Michael. Expect to see them a lot tonight. Both of them should have their way with the Raiders D.

Christine Michael is more talented that Turbin and I don't think it's really that close. Mike has far more natural talent that Turbin and it's nothing against Turbin because I like Robert. Mike can make that 1 guy miss and takes a 5 yd game to 15. A 15 yd screen to a 40 yd TD. Turbin doesn't have that.

Mike needs to learn how to pass protect because I think he's a perfect 3rd down back and guy to give Beast some oxygen.

Sherm has a love affair with Turbin, so it's going to take a lot for Mike to move into the #2 slot.

My eyes tell me Mike is a better talent than Turbin.

What do your eyes tell you?

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Byron Maxwell has really impressed me all season. He looks great. I think he can legitimately be our #3 if Thurmond is out and Winfield goes down or slouches.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Christine Michael is more talented that Turbin and I don't think it's really that close. Mike has far more natural talent that Turbin and it's nothing against Turbin because I like Robert. Mike can make that 1 guy miss and takes a 5 yd game to 15. A 15 yd screen to a 40 yd TD. Turbin doesn't have that.

Mike needs to learn how to pass protect because I think he's a perfect 3rd down back and guy to give Beast some oxygen.

Sherm has a love affair with Turbin, so it's going to take a lot for Mike to move into the #2 slot.

My eyes tell me Mike is a better talent than Turbin.

What do your eyes tell you?

Someone that used Christine Michael's pic as their Avatar doesn't have a unbias opinion lol. Also Call him Chris or Michael, you wouldn't call Russell Wilson Wil would you?

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michael imo has more explosion than Turbin and I think he can be a better back. Some of his spin moves and just flat out speed is imo a little better than Lynch.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes Michael's has looked great this preseason and he is a shifty runner with good speed. If i was to rank them i would do it like this.
Fastest: Turbin, Michael, Lynch
Balance: Lynch, Michael, Turbin
Vision: Lynch, Michael, Turbin
Power: Lynch, Michael, Turbin
Catching: Turbin, Lynch,Michael ( not enough info on Michael....yet)
Blocking: Lynch, Turbin, Michael
Cutting: Michael, Lynch, Turbin
Contact power; Lynch, Michael, Turbin

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes Michael's has looked great this preseason and he is a shifty runner with good speed. If i was to rank them i would do it like this.

:agree:That is how I see it also!

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hmm fastest Turbin? I'll have to keep an eye out for that. Gotta agree with your other ratings though.

What makes you think Turbin as fastest? Just you watching his gameplay or non-game performances?

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if i put points on my ratings for those 3 it would look like this
1. Lynch 18
2. Michael 15
3. Turbin 13

SeattleOspreys

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone that used Christine Michael's pic as their Avatar doesn't have a unbias opinion lol. Also Call him Chris or Michael, you wouldn't call Russell Wilson Wil would you?

I've had his avator for a cpl of weeks and reason is because Mike is a Bad @$$ and the topic was brought up.

So instead of being a smart ass regarding my avator or name I call him, why not give your opinion on what your eyes tell you? :smokin:

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice interception Thurmon!

Yah. I really hope Thurmond can bust it out this year. We are VERY deep at corner. IMO Maxwell and Thurmond could do a pretty good job at the 1-2 punch. Add in Lane/Winfield as our #3/#4.... pretty solid. Amazing to think we were putting all our eggs in a basket with Trufant a few years ago.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmm fastest Turbin? I'll have to keep an eye out for that. Gotta agree with your other ratings though.

What makes you think Turbin as fastest? Just you watching his gameplay or non-game performances?

Turbin's straight line speed is very fast and he looks like a sprinter when he gets going. Michael's speed is pretty good but he is slower but runs with much more power at his top end. Lynch is the slowest of the bunch.

Turbin ran the 40 in 4.44, Michael's was 4.54

Also watch some of his plays from last year. Once he gets going he can flat out fly for a RB his size. Problem is he lacks the vision to get into open space to use that speed.

Last edited by a moderator:

SeattleOspreys

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ok, you just wanted to :ss:

Turbin is NOT better at catching but if that's your opinion, that's your opinion but do your eyes tell you that? He's dropped too many easy ones including a simple wheel route in San Francisco that had TD written all over it or at least inside the 10yd line.

Mike is wicked on the screens and reason he should be our 3rd and 7+ RB. Turbin is 3rd in that category but otherwise, not bad. It'd be splitting hairs to disagree with a cpl others.