• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Seahawks/Packers smack talk thread

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
aaron-rodgers-lead.jpg

That looks more like a Peyton Manning helmet

Isn't that Kazoo from the flinstones?

geezer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
th

And that would be Bruce Irving. He turned his life around and is becoming a really great and versatile player. Anyone who looks in the mirror and makes himself a better person deserves the Kudo's.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seeing Misko is here dont want him left out

playoffs_zps77374e9e.jpg

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That draft, that Kiper actually gave a D- for, yielded....

Bruce Irvin - Starter. Not quite Pro Bowl caliber yet but could become so next year.
Bobby Wagner - All-Pro MLB
Russell Wilson -
Robert Turbin - Backup to Beast. Could be the starter next year.
Jeremy Lane - Nickel back and major special teams contributor
JR Sweezy - Starting RG

That is one heck of a draft. Great call, Mel.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That draft, that Kiper actually gave a D- for, yielded....

Bruce Irvin - Starter. Not quite Pro Bowl caliber yet but could become so next year.
Bobby Wagner - All-Pro MLB
Russell Wilson -
Robert Turbin - Backup to Beast. Could be the starter next year.
Jeremy Lane - Nickel back and major special teams contributor
JR Sweezy - Starting RG

That is one heck of a draft. Great call, Mel.

Kiper loved to hate on the Hawks that draft. When we got into the second round they started talking 4-3 ILBs and mentioned Wagner was the best one on the board and Kendricks was right behind him. We traded down. Philly is selecting and we're RIGHT after Philly with both players on board. Kendricks gets taken and Kiper starts FLIPPING out that Seattle had their player stolen and how Kendricks (now) was the better prospect. Like WTF?

The ONLY person that liked Wilson was Gruden, I give Gruden cred for that because EVERYONE was hating on Gruden. I admittedly did not like the Wilson pick, but sometimes you're wrong.

EVERYONE was like, "OMG WUT!?" when Irvin was taken but I didn't understand that. Irvin was touted as a mid 1st round prospect had he come out the prior year and was mentioned as one of the best pass rushers in college. He just changed positions his senior year which dropped his stuck only slightly.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Seahawks are going to roll over the Packer's. Won't even be a game IMO.

I said it a month ago when everyone started talking about the playoffs: Green Bay needs someone to knock off Seattle for them because they can't do it.

It is an all around worst matchup scenerio that there is for Green Bay:
1) A team that can run the ball against their porous run D. Check.
2) A team that can single up and actually cover Green Bay's outside WR's. Check.
3) A team that has the speed on the edge to take advantage of Green Bay's weak OT. Check.
4) A mobile QB that can take advantage of the gaps Green Bay's undiscplined pass rushers leave. Check.

It goes on and on in this one.

The only way Green Bay can win is if Rodgers has a game for the ages or if Seattle just comes out and lays a total egg. Neither of those seem that likely to me seeing how well Seattle is playing and how Rodgers is injured.

Last edited by a moderator:

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The ONLY person that liked Wilson was Gruden, I give Gruden cred for that because EVERYONE was hating on Gruden. I admittedly did not like the Wilson pick, but sometimes you're wrong.

Gruden has never met a college QB that wasn't a franchise QB in the making. Guy likes potential QB's more than fat kids love cake.

geezer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dear Green Bay Packers.

Meet Russell Wilson. If you stand near the line on your tippy toes, you can see him in our backfield. He is the short one. Good luck trying to catch him or even get him rattled.

Russell Wilson just wins. It doesn't make sense to compare his stats to other qb's . The only stat that will matter is wins. Regular season wins, playoff wins, an superbowl wins. In his first three years he has done better than anyone expected. And being honest, on draft day, most people were saying Russell who?

Russell is a nightmare for defenses. It takes a lot of discipline to keep him corralled. If he breaks contain he can and does throw on the run as well as anybody in the league. Rodgers is one of the better second tier guys, but Russell occupies tier one by himself.