• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Raw thread

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate you.

but the reason they don’t do all 3 is you don’t need mitb if you won the rumble.

Ben KOtR typically is to push someone into getting a title shot
win Rumble, lose title shot.

win, MiTB, cash in and lose.

settle for KotR as consolation?

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
win Rumble, lose title shot.

win, MiTB, cash in and lose.

settle for KotR as consolation?

KOtR usually also gets one. Which kings beside Corbin didn’t get title shots?

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KOtR usually also gets one. Which kings beside Corbin didn’t get title shots?
I am not as avid a WWE follower as most of you, so I can't answer that question.

I would agree that they should get a push...but it doesn't feel like Corbin did. It's like they can't find a role for him but to be a midcard heel.

and now he has the Forgotten Sons being dragged around behind him. It's lame.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It does feel like this story was written for Orton and that wwe changed their plans to have Roman/drew at ss and totally blew this up

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It does feel like this story was written for Orton and that wwe changed their plans to have Roman/drew at ss and totally blew this up
I noticed they went back to calling Orton the Legend Killer when he was fighting Hardy...

I only watch the youtube highlights, not the actual shows, so I am not sure I am picking up on his story here

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I noticed they went back to calling Orton the Legend Killer when he was fighting Hardy...

I only watch the youtube highlights, not the actual shows, so I am not sure I am picking up on his story here

he spent all summer beating up legends during his build up with mcintyre

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he spent all summer beating up legends during his build up with mcintyre
I get that, but they got away from it before his story with The Fiend...which I guess is done? They can't use Randy for every feud.

Maybe Corbin and The Fiend?

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Miz and his personality needs to be a heel, but not a pure evil heel...just one who is out for himself like he has always been.

and I kind of doubt McMahon will do anything that would mock his friend Donald like that.

Corbin just comes off as too fake to take it to the next level. He will forever be feuding with the middle tier wrestlers, which is fine, I guess. He is no Randy Orton.
Miz should be a heel, but it just seems dumb that they want him to be but then use reality tv the way he does. At least on Total Divas they played out a storyline with it.

If ratings keep tanking, mocking his buddy would turn into cash and ratings. Trump could instantly give heat to anyone. That’s why it was dumb having Lashley with him at Wrestlemania.

Not a fan of Corbin either. It is just the guy, his character, promos and in ring style is everything you want in a heel.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WWE just announced Drew McIntyre tested positive for Covid. Gonna be out for a couple weeks

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WWE just announced Drew McIntyre tested positive for Covid. Gonna be out for a couple weeks

I got a sneaky suspicion that there going to Strip Drew of WWE Championship and have Orton vs ????, according to Wrestlevotes the match is still on but their scrambling for replacement, for WWE CHAMPIONSHIP and have Winner as transitional champion

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got a sneaky suspicion that there going to Strip Drew of WWE Championship and have Orton vs ????, according to Wrestlevotes the match is still on but their scrambling for replacement, for WWE CHAMPIONSHIP and have Winner as transitional champion

I don't see a need to do that. Provided he doesn't get really sick, he should be good to go by the Rumble.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see a need to do that. Provided he doesn't get really sick, he should be good to go by the Rumble.

I know. But just got a Sneaky suspicion deep down in my gut.

Drew would win it back in Chamber of course by using the "how could you call yourself Champion without beating the proper Champion?" storyline

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO they should keep him out until after the main event of Mania like they did with Reigns. They need something to pop fans once they start bringing fans back (which sounds like around Mania WWE/Florida will allow a real crowd).

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO they should keep him out until after the main event of Mania like they did with Reigns. They need something to pop fans once they start bringing fans back (which sounds like around Mania WWE/Florida will allow a real crowd).

honestly I’m good with this new model.

they don’t get forced into bad stories (like Becky to wm) without fans

they can tell good long term stories and not give up because fans get impatient

and, frankly, I believe they made more money in 2020 than they did in 2019.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
honestly I’m good with this new model.

they don’t get forced into bad stories (like Becky to wm) without fans

they can tell good long term stories and not give up because fans get impatient

and, frankly, I believe they made more money in 2020 than they did in 2019.
Well yeah they should have made more money in 2020 because they got their tv contract, they don’t have to rent any buildings and the little travel they have to pay for is at prices like the early 90’s.

I agree somewhat but IMO they aren’t building storylines for the entire roster like they should be. They got a couple of good storylines but this is the one time where they can be “soap opera” like Vince tried telling all the states back in the 90’s to get rid of the tax. They have 3 separate reality shows on television and have only gotten over Nia Jax and Alexa Bliss out of those shows.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well yeah they should have made more money in 2020 because they got their tv contract, they don’t have to rent any buildings and the little travel they have to pay for is at prices like the early 90’s.

I agree somewhat but IMO they aren’t building storylines for the entire roster like they should be. They got a couple of good storylines but this is the one time where they can be “soap opera” like Vince tried telling all the states back in the 90’s to get rid of the tax. They have 3 separate reality shows on television and have only gotten over Nia Jax and Alexa Bliss out of those shows.

lana is winning the rumble lol

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lana is winning the rumble lol
Yeah, but they tried pushing her when she was a star on Total Divas. She hasn’t been on since they tried her and Bobby and it fell flat. They have tried pushing chicks from Total Divas and the Bella’s show. Reality shows aren’t real reality shows so you’d figure they would try to build some people with them.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, but they tried pushing her when she was a star on Total Divas. She hasn’t been on since they tried her and Bobby and it fell flat. They have tried pushing chicks from Total Divas and the Bella’s show. Reality shows aren’t real reality shows so you’d figure they would try to build some people with them.

I mean you’re not wrong.

part of the problem is Covid, injuries, stalkers really messed with some storylines.

plus they did a half ass push for Naomi after listening to the fans and she sucked

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Why would you keep him out? Drew has been doing the best work of his career, often times the only thing good on Raw each week. You'd be kneecapping one of your shows. That makes no sense.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would you keep him out? Drew has been doing the best work of his career, often times the only thing good on Raw each week. You'd be kneecapping one of your shows. That makes no sense.
They have guaranteed money right now as proven by how crappy wrestling ratings are whether it be WWE or AEW. Keeping him out would give a reason for a sellout once some city finally allows for full capacity. Not saying it is the best thing to do, but eventually as a business they need a carrot to dangle because they aren’t like other sports where fans are demanding from their politicians to allow them back into the arena/stadium.