• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Raw thread

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What rotten luck for Rollins. This sucks.

If there's any positive, maybe now we'll see Zayn, Cesaro, or even New Day get a main event push seeing that Raw is now totally without a top babyface.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What rotten luck for Rollins. This sucks.

If there's any positive, maybe now we'll see Zayn, Cesaro, or even New Day get a main event push seeing that Raw is now totally without a top babyface.

HHH/Joe is being talked about as a replacement

But............

The Wrestling Observer Newsletter is reporting Seth Rollins is believed to have torn his MCL in his right knee. The injury is believed to have occured when Samoa Joe took Rollins down to apply the Coquina Clutch; this is the same knee he had reconstructive surgery on in 2015. Early reports speculate Rollins will be sidelined this time for about eight weeks, which is close to Wrestlemania 33, but does not completely rule him out at this time.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Meltzer is saying about 8 weeks and WM is possible. That sounds like a torn MCL

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was some audio up on a click bait site, had Joe asking Rollins if he was OK to keep going, so that ass kicking he was getting was cut short.

I got an idea for HHH for Wrestlemania, stay off the show and your million dollar entrance can go to the working guys.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I don't have an issue with HHH or any of the other part timers being on the WM card.

Their function should be to eventually put the full time roster guys over. The Rock putting Cena over after a 1 year storyline is a perfect example. Cena left that feud a bigger star. The bad ass part timers being booked above the full time guys in their prime is insane to me.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he is supposed to be out 8 weeks, I don't know that I rush him back to a Mania match. After 2 surgeries on that knee, they may want to play it a little safe with him. They have plenty of star power to fill out WM without Rollins.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
If he is supposed to be out 8 weeks, I don't know that I rush him back to a Mania match. After 2 surgeries on that knee, they may want to play it a little safe with him. They have plenty of star power to fill out WM without Rollins.
It doesn't sound like a second surgery is needed. My perspective on it is the same as sports. If the doctors clear him and Rollins himself feels good to go he should be in the card.
JR mentioned that with their skillsets HHH/Rollins could have a good mat based match and put less strain on Rollins knee.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't sound like a second surgery is needed. My perspective on it is the same as sports. If the doctors clear him and Rollins himself feels good to go he should be in the card.
JR mentioned that with their skillsets HHH/Rollins could have a good mat based match and put less strain on Rollins knee.
Do you really believe Rollins is going to stay mat based tho? It's not his style.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Do you really believe Rollins is going to stay mat based tho? It's not his style.
I trust they can do it and even make it a part of the story and match psychology.
I think it all comes down to the doctors clearing him. WM paydays aren't what they were before the network but they're still a big deal for the wrestlers. Plus they've been building this storyline for over half the year.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I trust they can do it and even make it a part of the story and match psychology.
I think it all comes down to the doctors clearing him. WM paydays aren't what they were before the network but they're still a big deal for the wrestlers. Plus they've been building this storyline for over half the year.
That's the big hitch! Does WWE want to gamble on him being cleared right before WM??? If they promote it for 2 months and then he doesn't get cleared in time, they end up with a PR and storyline nightmare for WM and are forced to scramble and redo the card at the last minute. And I don't think WWE will take that kind of gamble with WM.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the big hitch! Does WWE want to gamble on him being cleared right before WM??? If they promote it for 2 months and then he doesn't get cleared in time, they end up with a PR and storyline nightmare for WM and are forced to scramble and redo the card at the last minute. And I don't think WWE will take that kind of gamble with WM.

I thibk that what JP and Vince are doing. Scrambling to fix. Not a bad part time match suggested. Shane vs Hhh

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I don't think it's that much of an issue. They can use the injury angle and how no one knows if Seth can compete until a couple weeks before the show when they'll have a definitive answer.

If they do change course with Shane/HHH I'd be thrilled. That would free Styles up for an actual match at WM.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Seth can kind of go announce Joe vs Rollins at WM and have Joe kill him. It extends the HHH feud and makes Joe look like an animal.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's some speculation that WWE got good news on Rollins and are working the injury into an angle. This is stemming from the fact that WWE has yet to give an official diagnosis since announcing the injury. Most of the time, we know the details after a day or two. Right now, they say they will announce things on Monday

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's some speculation that WWE got good news on Rollins and are working the injury into an angle. This is stemming from the fact that WWE has yet to give an official diagnosis since announcing the injury. Most of the time, we know the details after a day or two. Right now, they say they will announce things on Monday

Or Vince could keep it hidden and it's bad

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or Vince could keep it hidden and it's bad
PWInsider.com is reporting that Rollings isn't backstage at Raw tonight and is instead back in AL seeing Dr Andrews again. WWE is still saying there will be an announcement on Rollings on Raw tonight. In fact, Joe is set to open Raw. Either this is a huge swerve and Rollings shows up last minute or he went under the knife today. I hope it's a swerve and he's OK but signs say otherwise.