• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Raw thread

Hitman Hart

College Basketball's #1 Venue
Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Poor Axle, he must really need a job. I wonder how his father would feel now that his son is having to mock his legendary nickname?

Ask his grandfather. The Axe is still alive.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Roman has a match later tonight and I'm not sure if he's going to win. Big change from last month

Hitman Hart

Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Enhancement Talent

I went out for about 10 minutes after the Sasha/Charlotte match, what happened?

edit: Just went to Rajah for results. Looks like Strowman got a squash win. I like jobber matches on TV.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nia Jaxx got a squash match as well.

This is a good thing!

Bring back jobbers!

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And bring back managers! The Braun Stromans and Nia Jaxx types will never get over unless there is someone doing some mic work!

We need another Freddie Blassie or Bobby Heenan to give these heels a voice for people to hate!

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Balor should win with Club interference at SS. Gives everyone the Rollins face turn they want. Balor gets a championship run

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WWE wont be able to keep up the great show they had tonight(nor should they have too) but if they can deliver multiple 15-20 minutes every week like they did tonight then people will be happy.

Obviously you can't give away the farm every week and have nothing but PPV quality matches because then it devalues the special events but if they can go from 3-4 minute matches(other than jobber matches) to 8-10 minute matches it will really help get the talent over.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly Jeffero. I'm like you, guys like Owens and Cesaro deserve a Break.

But look at Balor. He is over with the crowd and he's busted his ass as well. He deserves this

I thought this was a 9/10 Raw.

If Zayn/Owens last night didn't deserve MOTY. Then it should be Banks/Charlotte. 5*

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That Raw was fire. I still think its dumb to have separate champions (because it waters down both) but overlooking that, the show was fantastic. Not just the matches but they even changed the look and sound of the show. There's new camera angles, new interviewing style (love the immediate pre and post match stuff), and there was more emphasis on real commentary tonight instead of the yuckfest shit. Hell, Cole even called it "professional wrestling". Obviously they can't give PPV quality matches every week but that was very strong showing.

Other tidbits:

-LOL at the jobber interview. Little stuff like that has been missing from WWE for years and years. That was a throwback to old school wrestling

-LOVED the Eddie Guerrero homage Sasha did

Hitman Hart

Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was easily the best RAW since I started watching again in January.

Which is ironic, since the main reason I started watching again was because they signed AJ.

They made Balor look like a star. I also really did not want to see Reigns/Rollins II, so I'm very happy with that result. Good booking by the WWE.

The Women's match was great. The spots they did for a TV match was a bit strange, but at the same time, WWE was looking to kick off the "new era" in a big way. and it worked. Very well done.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I loved that they had a major title change last night. When wrestling is great it has a feel of unpredictability. You can't replicate Scott Hall showing up on Nitro or X PAC showing up on Raw but a very rare and well planned title change can give the show a feel that something big can happen. Foley's title is still the best moment in Raw history IMO.

Just to be clear... Disciplined booking, don't change the titles often... But with the $10 per month price point on PPVs and Raw ratings in the toilet I don't see why major title changes should be PPV exclusive. Have maybe a third of them on Raw/SD

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly Jeffero. I'm like you, guys like Owens and Cesaro deserve a Break.

But look at Balor. He is over with the crowd and he's busted his ass as well. He deserves this

I thought this was a 9/10 Raw.

If Zayn/Owens last night didn't deserve MOTY. Then it should be Banks/Charlotte. 5*
Don't get me wrong, Balor is indeed very over. I just feel like Balor doesn't need the title shot this early. KO has more than paid his dues since coming to the main roster.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
didnt like the title match, balor was very physical, did not seem like the superstars were ready for it, especially the drop kicks in the corner that really rattled brains.

Womans title had a few terrible moves, almost at the end, Charolette went flying to the ropes when it looked like Sasha did not even push her. Charolette has looked preggers to me for a while though. The new woman Nia Jax is gonna destroy anyway, it was interesting they left Roman Reigns out of the family tree. That little dude with no chin that they had Stroman destroy was also a weak move. He was about as big as the girl Nia destroyed.

This "universal" title though? really? why not just call it the RAW championship? at least that way when it goes between shows it will sound like something.

Hitman Hart

Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FWIW, the top title in WWC has been called the Universal Championship, and that is a promotion that has been around since the 1970s. I'd be willing to bet that is where the WWE got the idea from, especially since Vince has been employed at least one Colon since the early 2000s.

I wouldn't have a problem with the name, if they didn't drop the World Heavyweight part from the WWE Championship. World title on Smackdown and Universal Title on RAW, don't have a problem with that...it works way better than calling one title the WWE Championship and the other title the "World Heavyweight Championship"

Also, Sasha needs to stay away from the suicide dives. She's going to end up SERIOUSLY hurting herself one of these days. The same goes for Big E.

Both are still 10x better than Enzo, though. His botch against the Club on Smackdown a few weeks back was one of the few times, that I have been legitimately embarrassed for a performer.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PWInsider has confirmed with multiple sources that when Brock Lesnar returns to Raw tomorrow in Atlanta, GA, his first WWE appearance since Wrestlemania 32, he won't be alone.

We are told Paul Heyman is scheduled for WWE TV and will be in Atlanta (if he isn't already, as he was spotted at an airport today in NYC) with Lesnar.

There had been some question of Heyman's WWE status as he wasn't listed alongside Lesnar during the WWE Draft a few weeks ago, but sources have told us he is scheduled for Raw.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Decent 1st half.

Roman/Rusev IMO has the making to a big time feud for Summer Slam

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They need to sign Jimin Marvinlooter right away. He is the toughest guy west of Winnipeg and won the shot-put in 2008.