• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Offseason News and Rumors

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He get banned?

I'm assuming he did, no chance he could stay away this long. He lasted longer at ESPN than he did here.

From what I can see, he hasn't been banned. He certainly wouldn't have been banned for anything he's posted here on the NBA boards.

Maybe he decided to step away for a bit or just got busy with real life?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marion is a solid pickup. He's not a one dimensional player like the other older guys they picked up

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Marion is a solid pickup. He's not a one dimensional player like the other older guys they picked up
Agree. Marion is a good signing as he has championship experience and is a solid locker room guy. Query whether he fell off too much at the end of last year. The Mavericks did let him go. However, as a number 7-10 player off the bench, a pretty solid dude.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's solid. Just saying though, Lebron wanted guys like Shaq and Jamison in Cleveland who were well past their prime. Point being, it looks like Lebron is committing the same mistakes rounding out a roster as it's littered with older players with no youth. Maybe I should take a step back as Marion is still a solid defender at the very least though.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That bench gets older.

In the case of Cleveland, that is a good thing.

That locker room was toxic.

I'd rather have old geezers, who can still contribute, than highly-talented Romper room preschoolers fighting over who's turn it was to play with the Tonka truck.

They needed babysitters.

If they sign Billups, every position will have a Veteran guy, who will be a player-coach and mentor, to the tiny-tots.

Win.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the case of Cleveland, that is a good thing.

That locker room was toxic.

I'd rather have old geezers, who can still contribute, than highly-talented Romper room preschoolers fighting over who's turn it was to play with the Tonka truck.

They needed babysitters.

If they sign Billups, every position will have a Veteran guy, who will be a player-coach and mentor, to the tiny-tots.

Win.

At some point you need a good mix. Age is what killed the Heat last season. The Cavs as presently constructed will still be a really good team and will win their fair share of games in the regular season and make it deep in the playoffs. But when you construct a big 3 like the Cavs have, it's title or bust. That is the difference.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He's their best bench pick up so far IMO.

And, yes, James wanted veteran, high basketball IQ, good locker room guys to fill out the roster.

He feels that is more important then the actual coaches.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's solid. Just saying though, Lebron wanted guys like Shaq and Jamison in Cleveland who were well past their prime. Point being, it looks like Lebron is committing the same mistakes rounding out a roster as it's littered with older players with no youth. Maybe I should take a step back as Marion is still a solid defender at the very least though.

They started, this guy is a role player that won't get many minutes. There is a difference, bc they need a veteran on this young team.

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
The pressure has just stepped up a notch in Cleveland. With Love, Irving, James and Co along with the veterans they are signing, anything other than a Finals appearance and perhaps a title would be viewed as a failure. Will be fun to see how it is handled in Cavalier land. Nothing will truly matter until the playoffs.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At some point you need a good mix. Age is what killed the Heat last season. The Cavs as presently constructed will still be a really good team and will win their fair share of games in the regular season and make it deep in the playoffs. But when you construct a big 3 like the Cavs have, it's title or bust. That is the difference.

You are absolutely correct.

But, the Cavs have a good mix of young and old...imo.

The problem, as I see it, is the title or bust pressure that they will carry all Season.

I can see them making the ECF, with little trouble.

But, beating a Bulls team with a healthy Rose, rejuvenated Gasol, heart of a lion Noah and the shooters that they desperately needed in Mirotic, McBuckets is far from a sure thing.

Even if they did, they still can't beat the Spurs:noidea:.

So....bust:L

Shield-Thread Killa

Tribal Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 876.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CHI WOULD KEEEEEEEL ME

You are absolutely correct.

But, the Cavs have a good mix of young and old...imo.

The problem, as I see it, is the title or bust pressure that they will carry all Season.

I can see them making the ECF, with little trouble.

But, beating a Bulls team with a healthy Rose, rejuvenated Gasol, heart of a lion Noah and the shooters that they desperately needed in Mirotic, McBuckets is far from a sure thing.

Even if they did, they still can't beat the Spurs:noidea:.

So....bust:L

Healthy or not...ROSE is mentally unfit to go to the next level...

Meaning going deep in the play offs....:suds::suds: