• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Offseason News and Rumors

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really?!? Because prior to Lebron choosing Cleveland, it was said that Kyrie could become a Laker when he's a free agent because of his relationship with Byron.

Kobe said not long ago "everyone" wants to play for the Lakers. Well w/ the exception of LeBron, Melo & Howard.:rollseyes:

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah from what I know they actually had a good relationship and it actually bothered Kyrie a lot when he was fired.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Brown was a terrible hire. The needed a proven coach

If they had Lionel Hollins they would have been way more competitive

I agree, Mike Brown is shit. It is crazy they hired him a second time.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember cavs fans had themselves in the playoffs. I also had them in as a 7 seed

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, Mike Brown is shit. It is crazy they hired him a second time.

Gilbert's master plan.

No wonder he handed control of the team over to James.
Guaranteed profit and only chance to win.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,521.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really?!? Because prior to Lebron choosing Cleveland, it was said that Kyrie could become a Laker when he's a free agent because of his relationship with Byron.

They allegedly patched up their differences but Irving was part of the reason Scott was fired.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember cavs fans had themselves in the playoffs. I also had them in as a 7 seed

You and I, Xmas day:omg:

Probably the best mini-rivalry, currently, in the NBA.

That could change with the Bulls and Cavs this Season.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They allegedly patched up their differences but Irving was part of the reason Scott was fired.

Hi, My Friend.

:suds:

Yes, Kyrie and Scott are back tight.

Same with Scott and CP3.

I think the Cavs should bring Billups on board as a player Coach.

He'd be a Godsend for Kyrie and Waiters as a mentor.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No- Trojan Fan you are correct - Kyrie and Scott had a good relationship even when he was fired- management wanted Scott gone not Kyrie- Kyrie said Scott was his basketball father and likedhim

please dont trust anything DJ says about the Cavs because its probably the exact opposite- Now Kyrie did hate working with Mike Brown that is definitely true- Brown getting fired was a big part of Kyrie feeling comfortable signing the full max

http://www.foxsports.com/ohio/story/kyrie-irving-not-happy-about-cavs-firing-scott-041813

INDEPENDENCE, Ohio – Kyrie Irving seemed particularly distraught about the news that the Cleveland Cavaliers fired coach Byron Scott on Thursday.

Irving is the Cavs’ second-year point guard, leading scorer and All-Star.

“I feel like a piece of me is missing,” Irving said while looking at the ground. "I'm trying to get over the loss of my basketball father."

Still, the Cavs have made their decision — parting ways with Scott after three seasons and a 64-166 record. The Cavs finished last in the Central Division all three years.

“We just felt at this juncture, based on fact weren't making enough progress collectively, this was the right decision," general manager Chris Grant said.
Irving characterized his feelings as surprised and saddened.

“I don’t really have any positive feelings right now,” he said.

and just anecdotally and by following the team closely - anyone in Cleveland would know thats not true what DJ said about a falling out between Scott and Irving at the end- simply not true.....like i said- there WAS a falling out between Brown and Irving- that is DEFINITELY true- Irving hated his coachig- ----- but Irving ALWAYS held Scott in very high regard and liked him

Last edited by a moderator:

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No- Trojan Fan you are correct - Kyrie and Scott had a good relationship even when he was fired- management wanted Scott gone not Kyrie- Kyrie said Scott was his basketball father and likedhim

please dont trust anything DJ says about the Cavs because its probably the exact opposite- Now Kyrie did hate working with Mike Brown that is definitely true- Brown getting fired was a big part of Kyrie feeling comfortable signing the full max

kyrie-irving-not-happy-about-cavs-firing-scott | FOX Sports

INDEPENDENCE, Ohio – Kyrie Irving seemed particularly distraught about the news that the Cleveland Cavaliers fired coach Byron Scott on Thursday.

“I feel like a piece of me is missing,” Irving said while looking at the ground. "I'm trying to get over the loss of my basketball father."

Still, the Cavs have made their decision — parting ways with Scott after three seasons and a 64-166 record. The Cavs finished last in the Central Division all three years.

“We just felt at this juncture, based on fact weren't making enough progress collectively, this was the right decision," general manager Chris Grant said.

and just anecdotally and by following the team closely - anyone in Cleveland would know thats not true what DJ said about a falling out between Scott and Irving at the end- simply not true.....like i said- there WAS a falling out between Brown and Irving- that is DEFINITELY true- Irving hated his coachig- ----- but Irving ALWAYS held Scott in very high regard and liked him

Ah.....I had it wrong too.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

kyrie-irving-not-happy-about-cavs-firing-scott | FOX Sports

Thanks Wiggy. I thought that was a bit strange because I distinctly remembered that when Byron was mentioned as the frontrunner for the job, reporters were saying that it could give the Lakers the inside track on landing Kyrie in FA because of Byron's relationship with him.

Obviously, that was before Lebron had to go and screw everything up by returning to the Cavs.:lol:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last edited by a moderator: