• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Offseason News and Rumors

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he wins in Cleveland it will be more earned and more of an accomplishment
The team slowly stockpiled trade assets and stuff while he was busy elsewhere.

Lebron came back to Cleveland and essentially "forced" them to trade away all their future assets for one "WIN NOW" star player season.

Taking all those young players and growing together over time is earning it.

Mortgaging the future for a small window of "hired gun" help for ONE YEAR of all NBA Kevin Love is closer to being the exact opposite of earning it.

Miami (to their credit) accepts the narrative that they were a purposely built short cut super team.
Cleveland needs to quit deluding themselves that they are any different.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 26,248.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron is still only 29. I'm saying at the heighth and high point of his career, especially if KD doesn 't expand his game. He would be unstoppable.

He's played in just under 1,000 games (including playoffs) and never had a major injury. He came into the NBA out of HS and has logged a lot of mileage. At some point that will catch up to him. He has a few years left before he starts to decline, but a serious injury could accelerate that. And I'm far from a hater, but the amount of games and minutes played is something you have to consider with a player who plays like LeBron.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cleveland is the same like Miami. They have LeBron surrounded by Irving & love instead of wade & bosh and are bringing in shooters/older role players just as Miami did. The cavs won't have much young talent after Bennett & Wiggins leaving followed by waiters in a few yrs.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah if you don't realize LeBron is an old 29 soon to be 30 year old man you're delusional. This isn't a guy who went to college for 2-3 years and entered the league at 22 or 23

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah if you don't realize LeBron is an old 29 soon to be 30 year old man you're delusional. This isn't a guy who went to college for 2-3 years and entered the league at 22 or 23

He is the same guy he was in Miami, of course not 22-23. But he has expanded his game and mind since then, so I will take him this version over that version, even though he had some great moments. Remember just last year he scored 61. C'mon he has another 3-4 years of prime, bc his body is in excellent shape, he could last a long time. You Miami fans are hoping otherwise though, obviously. He is probably the most fot player in the NBA, especially at his size.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He already has a better jumpshot, how can you say he won't be better than anyone. You don't know, but we are just saying people don't watch him enough bc he was on a shitty team. If you really watch him he has the potential to be a special player. Give him a chance he is basically a senior in college right now, it is laughable you can predict how good someone will be especially when you never see them play.

Kyrie may have the better jump shot out of him and Wade. But Wade does just about everything else better than, Kyrie. At this point in his career, Wade's penciled in as the 3rd greatest SG of all-time behind Jordan and Kobe.

I seriously doubt we ever come to the junction that we're comparing Kyrie to the likes of Stockton, Kidd, Magic, etc.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lebron came back to Cleveland and essentially "forced" them to trade away all their future assets for one "WIN NOW" star player season.

Mortgaging the future for a small window of "hired gun" help for ONE YEAR of all NBA Kevin Love is closer to being the exact opposite of earning it.

Miami (to their credit) accepts the narrative that they were a purposely built short cut super team.

:agree:

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyrie may have the better jump shot out of him and Wade. But Wade does just about everything else better than, Kyrie. At this point in his career, Wade's penciled in as the 3rd greatest SG of all-time behind Jordan and Kobe.

I seriously doubt we ever come to the junction that we're comparing Kyrie to the likes of Stockton, Kidd, Magic, etc.

In their primes which SG would you rather have...Wade or The Logo?

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In their primes which SG would you rather have...Wade or The Logo?

I'm a homer. You know where I'm going. Just look at the 2006 Finals and Wade in his prime was pretty damn beastly. But I do have Jerry West at number 4 right behind Wade.

All the respect in the world to the Logo, but like many wantto criticize Bill Russell's 11 titles. His success came at a time when parity didn't exactly exist in the NBA (pre-1980's).

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nope, he recruited Bosh with him to play with a top 5 player at the time. When he went to Cleveland about a month ago, they have zero superstars and what one young all-star. He will lead and grow this team, instead of having other superstars to carry more of the load. Trades happen, this would be easily a better accomplishment than winning in Miami, where it was already set up to win titles from day 1.

You are blind or just a hater if you don't see this, pretty obvious.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Were you judging Wade when he was 22, no. Bc at that age he was still a rookie. Like I said Kyrie is still young and has time to grow. But it says a lot if Kyrie's jumper is already better than Wade's ever was. He relies more on skill than athleticism, but the thing is he is still very athletic, just not super athletic like Wade.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a homer. You know where I'm going. Just look at the 2006 Finals and Wade in his prime was pretty damn beastly. But I do have Jerry West at number 4 right behind Wade.

All the respect in the world to the Logo, but like many wantto criticize Bill Russell's 11 titles. His success came at a time when parity didn't exactly exist in the NBA (pre-1980's).

Just wondering...do you think any of the greats from that era would have had success in the league had they played after 1980?

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just wondering...do you think any of the greats from that era would have had success in the league had they played after 1980?

I think some would. If Russell played in the 80's and beyond, I think he still would've had success, but he's not winning 11 titles. Same thing with West, he was pretty good and I hope no one misunderstands the context of my last post. West was really good, but it came at a time when the competition was fairly weak. Which makes it pretty damn hard to compare and contrast both he and Wade.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Were you judging Wade when he was 22, no. Bc at that age he was still a rookie. Like I said Kyrie is still young and has time to grow. But it says a lot if Kyrie's jumper is already better than Wade's ever was. He relies more on skill than athleticism, but the thing is he is still very athletic, just not super athletic like Wade.

Irving's about to start his 4th year in the league. I definitely can start judging.

Wade was the most efficient 2-guard in the league last year. You make it sound like his jump shot is shit. Wade knows he's not a 3-point shooter and that's why he picks his shots instead of chucking it up like Kyrie does.

Also, Lebron is doing the same thing he did with the Heat in some way. Cleveland has enjoyed much lottery success while Lebron was in Miami. Now that their roster looks favorable and they have a chance at Kevin Love, Lebron proceeded to hop to the next convenient situation.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope, he recruited Bosh with him to play with a top 5 player at the time. When he went to Cleveland about a month ago, they have zero superstars and what one young all-star. He will lead and grow this team, instead of having other superstars to carry more of the load. Trades happen, this would be easily a better accomplishment than winning in Miami, where it was already set up to win titles from day 1.

You are blind or just a hater if you don't see this, pretty obvious.

:agree: I have 2 say, when i read that comment it sounded like hating 2 me as well.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think some would. If Russell played in the 80's and beyond, I think he still would've had success, but he's not winning 11 titles. Same thing with West, he was pretty good and I hope no one misunderstands the context of my last post. West was really good, but it came at a time when the competition was fairly weak. Which makes it pretty damn hard to compare and contrast both he and Wade.

I agree that Russell wouldn't have won 11 titles. I also think The Big O & Wilt (just to name two) would have had great success as well. West could shoot it from seemingly anywhere on the court. Too bad there wasn't a 3 point line when he played.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Irving's about to start his 4th year in the league. I definitely can start judging.

Wade was the most efficient 2-guard in the league last year. You make it sound like his jump shot is shit. Wade knows he's not a 3-point shooter and that's why he picks his shots instead of chucking it up like Kyrie does.

Also, Lebron is doing the same thing he did with the Heat in some way. Cleveland has enjoyed much lottery success while Lebron was in Miami. Now that their roster looks favorable and they have a chance at Kevin Love, Lebron proceeded to hop to the next convenient situation.

Not sure how people can compare Wade's stats 2 those of players that played more than 50 games...how is that a fair comparison?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wow you call LeBron going back home his "next convenient situation"? The Cavs have sucked since he left & what if the Love trade doesn't happen after all of the speculation? Even w/ the addition of Love w/o a decent bench the LeBron led Cavs Part II aren't winning anything but maybe Central Division banners. Although I still say it's a gamble for the Cavs to give up Wiggins not knowing for sure if Love would want to sign a long term contract in Cleveland.