• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Offseason News and Rumors

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah that former wolvereeeen didn't even average 10 ppg during his injury riddled college career. He wasn't 1st round material.

I'm talking about this kid...

I can't understand why this is a good thing, for the player:scratch:.

As noted by Zach Lowe, Huestis and his agent, Mitchell Butler, had a prearranged agreement with the Thunder before the draft. The Thunder would take him with the No. 29 pick in the 2014 draft, but Huestis wouldn't sign his guaranteed rookie contract.

Darnell Mayberry of The Oklahoman laid out the parameters of the innovative agreement last week. Projected by all accounts to be a second-round pick, Huestis elected to become a bit of a draft pioneer, the NBA's first domestic draft-and-stash player. He would leave his rookie contract unsigned, a deal that would pay him somewhere between $750,000 and $900,000, to sign with the Thunder's D-League affiliate instead. Then in a year or two Huestis would, presumably, sign his rookie deal.

Smart, right? The real question is this: Was all this legal, or is Sam Presti the NBA's Wolf of Wall Street?

A pre-draft arrangement like this isn't against the rules, as there are ample amounts of gray area within which to operate. But it's certainly against the spirit of the draft, as Tom Ziller of SB Nation notes. And because of it, one would think the National Basketball Players Association has some interest in this situation. On the surface of this is a first-round pick willingly giving up his guaranteed first-round rookie-scale deal, which locks him into roughly almost $2 million over the next two years and up to $5 million over the next five, for a $25,000 D-League contract.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't get Cavs fans that say they don't need Love, they do. This team as presently constructed isn't winning a title (even James said that)....Wiggins may be great in 3-4 years, but LeBron is nearly 30 and he's never had a serious injury....but he's played in close to 1,000 games and has 3-4 really good seasons left. By the time Wiggins becomes a star, LeBron will be starting to decline imo. He has a lot of mileage on his body for being just 30.

All good points...and maybe if Wiggins can develop sooner than later (with the help of LBJ) that will help save some years in LBJ's career & he can play longer without serious injury.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe...

But, his team will be very good next year after being left at the alter so many times.

Tyson, Dirk, Parsons, Nelson, Monta is a nice mix lineup.

Top 6, easily, in a stacked West.

Yep, looks good on paper but we've seen how that can turn out. I would only be skeptical of Tyson...

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Heat did not disclose terms of the deal, but sources said Wade received a two-year, $31.1 million deal with a player option for the second year. Wade also received a no-trade clause in his contract, sources told ESPN.com's Marc Stein.

The sources said Wade took about an $11 million pay cut over two years from the deal he opted out of, which was for two years and $42 million.

I think with LBJ leaving he still had to take less in order to get other players 2 fill that huge gap.

Shield-Thread Killa

Tribal Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 876.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
YUP

All good points...and maybe if Wiggins can develop sooner than later (with the help of LBJ) that will help save some years in LBJ's career & he can play longer without serious injury.

Can you just see them running a fast break of a block or rebound...

LORDY LORDY...:exploding:

Otis B. Driftwood

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:bawling:

Well bud....

I am looking forward to hopefully seeing some of these so called reported practices our teams are going to have....

You guys didn't need that garbage RASHEED..:lame:

No - we didn't.

I really like getting Nelson though. Quality at a very nice price.

Pretty happy with this roster. The West is gonna be a bitch again... but we have the pieces to be competitive. That's all I can ask for as a fan.