• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Offseason News and Rumors

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Turnup, if Riley is interested in 39 year-olds who can shoot an occasional jumpshot, do you think he'd be interested in Nash? I am just being facetious here but I would love for somebody take that waste of a contract off the Lakers hands. I suspect all I am going to get is Crickets!

It was a calculated risk that backfired.

Anyways, I'm pretty sure you're stuck with him, although it would be nice if he could somehow be waived at the end of the season and retire a Sun.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not sure about this one. 5 points a game. 4 rebounds...he will probably get more time in LA. think I would have went with boozer...seems like that eats up the little room lakers had left...on to minimum contracts.

Davis is only 25. So, he may have upside and has time to develop.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heat can only offer him the veterans minimum.
No way he takes that.

As great as he is, I don't think we need him.
The Heats days of the wide open 3s left last week with James.

We will have to run an actual offense next year.

The Cavs can't offer more than that either

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard that Blatt runs an offense kinda like Pop. They said his toughest challenge is going to be runninf that offense with Lebron still getting the majority of touches.

Should be interesting.

Eh, not really. Pop uses mostly a motion offense that he's modified to incorporate a few D'Antoni-esqe pick and rolls. From what I've read, Blatt has mostly used the Princeton offense. That's more similar to the Triangle than what Pops does.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This actually makes sense. Dwight has basically caused trouble at all 3 franchises that he has played for. We all so how he acted in Orlando with his constant trade demands and revolving door of teams that he would play for. Not to mention how he did SVG.

Then he goes to the Lakers where he decides that he knows more about winning rings than a guy with 5 of them, complains about touches, disses a legend like Kareem when he offered to work with him, refused help on his free throws from one of the greatest free throw shooters of all-time and then quits on the team in the playoffs.

He goes to Houston and it didn't take long before he was complaining about touches there.

My guy has said he needs his touches it's just so baffling to me. I'm glad he's not on my team and that we signed iguodala instead. We can't have him taking touches from steph

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rush is not as good as Klay, but do you think this move may have been made with a Love trade in the works which includes Klay? Golden State seems adamant that they won't trade Klay.

Warriors are really deep at the wing. I don't think it changes anything though. I still would trade klay in a deal for love. If they can get him without klay, makes us a title contender lol

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I firmly believe that Houston will be Howard's last stop. Everyone now knows what Orlando and LA discovered about this guy and I suspect he will never see a chamiopnship series in his career for reasons already elucidated by other posters most recently by TJF12.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh, not really. Pop uses mostly a motion offense that he's modified to incorporate a few D'Antoni-esqe pick and rolls. From what I've read, Blatt has mostly used the Princeton offense. That's more similar to the Triangle than what Pops does.

It is the like the Princeton offense. He runs pick and rolls in his offense too, and double screens for wing players. I meant how he spaces the floor. This should be perfect for Lebron and Kyrie, also for Wiggins who in college was limited for lack of space to work with.

All these players can also play in space and very athletic, which could free guys up. Should be fun to watch how the offense forms.

Shield-Thread Killa

Tribal Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 876.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry

I firmly believe that Houston will be Howard's last stop. Everyone now knows what Orlando and LA discovered about this guy and I suspect he will never see a chamiopnship series in his career for reasons already elucidated by other posters most recently by TJF12.

But I have to disagree...

The reason is, because PEANUT HEAD seems like and ultimate RING CHASER...

Sad to say he is just like one of my FAVE PLAYERS....SHAQ

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But I have to disagree...

The reason is, because PEANUT HEAD seems like and ultimate RING CHASER...

Sad to say he is just like one of my FAVE PLAYERS....SHAQ

I agree that Houston may not be his last stop, but I think retro meant that teams are not going to be as quick to want to take him on given his behavior at each of his 3 stops.

I think Dwight's biggest issue is that he essentially has the maturity and attitude of a teenager. He thinks he's better than he really is and doesn't need any help as far as expanding his game.

He's a young big with a lot of talent, so for the next several years, he will be able to find teams willing to bring him in on the hope that he finally "gets it". But as he gets older, if he doesn't start showing more maturity, those teams are going to be fewer and the contracts smaller.

He's only had one season in Houston and I know there was hope that McHale could get through to him. Maybe that happens, but the early returns are not promising.

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a young big with a lot of talent, so for the next several years, he will be able to find teams willing to bring him in on the hope that he finally "gets it".

But, the thing is that DWIGHT turns 29 this year. He is not 22 or 23 anymore.

He acts like a teenager and somehow fools GM's into believing he has decades of improvement left.

I am not sure he will ever get any better....and more likely gets worse as his athleticism fades.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But, the thing is that DWIGHT turns 29 this year. He is not 22 or 23 anymore.

He acts like a teenager and somehow fools GM's into believing he has decades of improvement left.

I am not sure he will ever get any better....and more likely gets worse as his athleticism fades.

:agree: Forgot he was that old. Yeah, he's only got about 3-4 years before we start seeing a fairly steep decline in his athleticism.

Seems that at this point, he is who he is and isn't likely to change.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not sure about this one. 5 points a game. 4 rebounds...he will probably get more time in LA. think I would have went with boozer...seems like that eats up the little room lakers had left...on to minimum contracts.

His per 36 minutes stats project to a double-double guy. There's potential. Jordan Hill looked similar when he was acquired from Houston. It was a matter of getting minutes.

Shield-Thread Killa

Tribal Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 876.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yup

I agree that Houston may not be his last stop, but I think retro meant that teams are not going to be as quick to want to take him on given his behavior at each of his 3 stops.

I think Dwight's biggest issue is that he essentially has the maturity and attitude of a teenager. He thinks he's better than he really is and doesn't need any help as far as expanding his game.

He's a young big with a lot of talent, so for the next several years, he will be able to find teams willing to bring him in on the hope that he finally "gets it". But as he gets older, if he doesn't start showing more maturity, those teams are going to be fewer and the contracts smaller.

He's only had one season in Houston and I know there was hope that McHale could get through to him. Maybe that happens, but the early returns are not promising.

Word...

If he can't get it together soon, he will be just another BIG who gets picked up for his BIGNESS