• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Off-Topic VT Thread

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give The Fixxers a listen then

[youtube]bdV-llvFj5o[/youtube]

Even a Travis Barker cameo.

MattB4VT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For forty six...

The South is about gentility. And damn you Yankee! Jack D is one of the best friends any man can have.

And no one had anything to say on the fact that Sammy potkins ran a 4.20 forty... That's SEC speed for sure.

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't really matter with Tajh at QB. Doh!

Tahj-Boyd-GIF.gif

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody know the details of some UVA president firing shit? Some of my UVA friends keep bitching about it but I'm too lazy to search what all the fuss is about.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Teresa Sullivan

Teresa A. Sullivan

Ousted by U.Va.’s governing board in a disagreement over the pace of change at the university under her leadership, Sullivan has defended her “incrementalist” approach and warned of the dangers of “sweeping action” and “deep, top-down cuts.”

University of Virginia President Teresa Sullivan. (Mark Gormus / The Associated Press) A sociologist by training, Sullivan, 62, taught at the University of Chicago, where she received a doctorate, and at the University of Texas’s Austin campus in the 1970s and 1980s. Her speciality is the demographics of the labor force, with an emphasis on consumer debt and “economic marginality,” according to her U.Va. biography. If the board sticks to its decision to remove Sullivan as president, just two years into her five-year contract, she could return to the classroom as a U.Va. sociology professor.

Sullivan was executive vice chancellor for academic affairs in the nine-campus University of Texas system from 2002 to 2006, then held a similar post at the University of Michigan before she became U.Va.’s eighth president in August 2010. Her husband, Douglas Laycock, is a professor at U.Va.’s law school.

— Paul Duggan

Last edited by a moderator:

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So...the BOV disagreed with her philosophies and decided to fire her? Sounds fairly straight forward. I mean, if the BOV differs that much, I don't see why it would be controversial for them to let the president go.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For forty six...

The South is about gentility. And damn you Yankee! Jack D is one of the best friends any man can have.

And no one had anything to say on the fact that Sammy potkins ran a 4.20 forty... That's SEC speed for sure.

I bet you $100,000 Sammy Watkins runs nowhere near a 4.20 40 at the combine.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if you missed the 4.20 being a(nother) reference to pot that Matt is intent on making.

Ahhh me of all people should have noticed that. My birthday is 4-20, haha. My teenage pothead self would be ashamed.... or maybe that's why I missed it in the first place?

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So...the BOV disagreed with her philosophies and decided to fire her? Sounds fairly straight forward. I mean, if the BOV differs that much, I don't see why it would be controversial for them to let the president go.

Not so much the BOV, just 3 members. The Vice Rector has already resigned, and the Faculty Senate is pushing for the Rector to resign. The majority of faculty, alumni and current students loved Sullivan.

Rocky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teams with postseason ineligibility for 2012-13 season (all of these teams also face APR penalties)

Men's Basketball

California State University, Bakersfield*
Jacksonville State University
Mississippi Valley State University
Texas A&M Corpus Christi
Towson University
University of Arkansas, Pine Bluff
University of California, Riverside
University of Connecticut
UNC-Wilmington
University of Toledo
*Data still under review

Football

Hampton University
North Carolina A&T State University
Texas Southern University

Men's Soccer

Central Connecticut State University
Men's Wrestling

University of Northern Colorado
(Eight teams were ineligible for the postseason in 2011-12)

MattB4VT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WTF!!! Central Connecticut state is ineligible?! That's bull shit. My soccer bracket is fucked now

And props to you taz haha.

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

It sounds more like a case of a couple of members on the BOV railroaded her. One-on-one meetings, a meeting with Sullivan where Dragas (the rector, who is head of the BOV) told her that she had the votes to fire her, and then an "emergency meeting" where 3 members of the board accepted her resignation.

Sullivan appears to know her job better than Dragas knows hers. Very messy and sloppy situation, where the board looks like they don't know what they're doing, and can't explain why there was an urgency to fire her.

There were also a couple of hedge fund managers/UVa donors who wrote op-eds and emails supporting her ouster, making it look like a rigged game. They knew more about it than some members of the board.

Interim U-Va. leader Carl Zeithaml seeks to quell uproar over Sullivan’s ouster - The Washington Post

bchampy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember guys, don't call any SportsHoopla wimminz trannies or Atilla the Hun. K?

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does it have to do with VTFF getting banned?