• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official NXT thread

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess we just disagree. NXT IMO needs to be kept separate. As well as I think they should quit will all of these call ups. Let it be it’s own brand and the big brands only acknowledge them during Survivor Series. The Royal Rumble, not WM, IMO is the time for the NXT guys/gals time to shine on the big shows.

they are the developmental brand. Like no one goes to the main roster right away. Even major FAs like kross

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
eh, it immediately makes it exciting and makes a little rivalry.

Kai and Gonzalez come in cocky.

Then the men's tag division is just fun. I like what they have over there.

Is Velveteen Dream out for a while?
trash booking to let trash like black heart win gold and make Raquel look weak

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Name them.

there are not 4 better than page alone.

and that doesn’t include mjf’s story too.

Page/O'Reilly, Sheamus/McIntyre, WWE Title picture, Who is the Real Cruiserweight Champion

Balor and Kross and Sharai/Gonzalez have good legs so let's see what develops.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Page/O'Reilly, Sheamus/McIntyre, WWE Title picture, Who is the Real Cruiserweight Champion

Balor and Kross and Sharai/Gonzalez have good legs so let's see what develops.
I’ll take the hangman long form over all of them. But these are all good stories.

Kross/Balor was inevitable. NXT having Finn drop the title to anyone other than kross would’ve resulted in deletion from my dvr.

let’s see if they make the wrong decision and take the belt off Escobar next week. NXT is on thin thin ice with me.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they are the developmental brand. Like no one goes to the main roster right away. Even major FAs like kross
I think NXT should continue to be the quasi developmental brand. Yes, it is good for developing wrestlers but also a place where guys like Balor, essentially all the WWE contracted wrestlers who are the size of the AEW guys, let them main event there. But my point was I don’t think NXT should have a match at Wrestlemania and IMO it is dumb they are on Survivor Series too.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think NXT should continue to be the quasi developmental brand. Yes, it is good for developing wrestlers but also a place where guys like Balor, essentially all the WWE contracted wrestlers who are the size of the AEW guys, let them main event there. But my point was I don’t think NXT should have a match at Wrestlemania and IMO it is dumb they are on Survivor Series too.

I would happily send Daniel Bryan to NXT to get kross on SD. Lol

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would happily send Daniel Bryan to NXT to get kross on SD. Lol
Well you can’t equate Daniel Bryan to Kross or Balor though. Bryan was the most over anyone in WWE has been since Cena, to a lesser extent Punk. Like bringing Balor to the main roster for a (if it happens again) a European tour, then ya it makes sense. But NXT IMO is and should be the where AEW type wrestlers are of the WWE.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well you can’t equate Daniel Bryan to Kross or Balor though. Bryan was the most over anyone in WWE has been since Cena, to a lesser extent Punk. Like bringing Balor to the main roster for a (if it happens again) a European tour, then ya it makes sense. But NXT IMO is and should be the where AEW type wrestlers are of the WWE.

i was just going by size lol

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But that fact makes me hate wwr fans so much.

yell have awful taste.

Bryan and Becky? Atrocious. Two of the biggest black eyes of the decade was them at mania

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Name them.

there are not 4 better than page alone.

and that doesn’t include mjf’s story too.
For me, the MJF story is the 1991 Dallas Cowboys. On the cusp of being the best but just needs a little more time to flesh out the final pieces.

A little more patience and planning and it will be the best storyline in the year 2021.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For me, the MJF story is the 1991 Dallas Cowboys. On the cusp of being the best but just needs a little more time to flesh out the final pieces.

A little more patience and planning and it will be the best storyline in the year 2021.
It’s really good.

I love hangman’s storyline because it doesn’t even need another opponent to be interesting. Page’s biggest opponent right now is himself.

and only after he finishes that and defeats him, does he be the first one to kick out of the one winged angel, and best omega for the belt

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But that fact makes me hate wwr fans so much.

yell have awful taste.

Bryan and Becky? Atrocious. Two of the biggest black eyes of the decade was them at mania
Lol I can get that. But then what do you classify as good? I know your hatred for Becky but who has been as over as her in the past decade? Hulk Hogan wasn’t a “great wrestler” Austin didn’t really hit stardom until he was barely able to function in the ring. Ric Flair did the exact same match for 30 years. Just out of curiosity what is your Mt Rushmore.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol I can get that. But then what do you classify as good? I know your hatred for Becky but who has been as over as her in the past decade? Hulk Hogan wasn’t a “great wrestler” Austin didn’t really hit stardom until he was barely able to function in the ring. Ric Flair did the exact same match for 30 years. Just out of curiosity what is your Mt Rushmore.

becky makes hogan look like Bret Hart. She would even be the best in ring talent I. The bra and parties era (aka the peak of women’s wrestling)

she is the Jim Ross diesel version of stone cold.

my Mount Rushmore has hogan, undertaker and Austin as locks. The 4th spot has options.

cena
the rock
Bret hart
Flair
Sting

and there’s this weird tier of Guys who easily could’ve been mt Rushmore if someone else didn’t exist (ie macho man with hogan, Orton with cena etc).

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

the fiend. Not only did they feel compelled to throw the Title on him cause he was so over.

the fans completely revolted on the biggest face in the comlany (at the time) for the hiac match.

and the fans voted him wrestler of the year after having a grand total of like 3 matches.

and he was destroying everyone in merch sales

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the fiend. Not only did they feel compelled to throw the Title on him cause he was so over.

the fans completely revolted on the biggest face in the comlany (at the time) for the hiac match.

and the fans voted him wrestler of the year after having a grand total of like 3 matches.

and he was destroying everyone in merch sales
Eh, guess we can disagree. Though looking back on it, he should’ve been the one to beat Takers streak.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh, guess we can disagree. Though looking back on it, he should’ve been the one to beat Takers streak.

Im just saying. There’s a lot of supporting evidence.

it’s at least a discussion. And considering something as intangible as “over”, let’s just say it’s close enough

I mean the answer is probably always cena or it’s Daniel Bryan with basically the exact same story with that miracle on bourbon st crap.

I hate all of it lol

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

it’s at least a discussion. And considering something as intangible as “over”, let’s just say it’s close enough

I mean the answer is probably always cena or it’s Daniel Bryan with basically the exact same story with that miracle on bourbon st crap.

I hate all of it lol
Definitely a discussion, I guess it is just a difference of opinion. Crowd went ape shit for Wyatt’s win, but is that because he was so over or was it Cena was so over that fans paid a lot money to watch him lose. That is my only real argument against it.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I hate all of it lol
Supporting evidence for sure. I hadn’t thought of it before you mentioned him. But I disagree with you on Becky but brings up that Becky getting really over as hell and being the number 1 merchandise mover in the world yet the ratings didn’t really move raises the question of if she was really over. Same with the Fiend. Everyone on the internet hates the Fiend/Alexa/Orting angle. But I got 3 under 12 year olds right now who have made me DVR Raw. They force me to DVR Dynamite but then Google if Britt Baker was on then delete it if she isn’t.

You have to admit though, Wrestlemania 30 is a top 5 realistic title win in history though right? It’s not like he beat Hulk Hogan or some big guy. He won a triple threat after the other two hit finishers. IMO that is the best ever a little dude wins the title. I mean CM Punk winning wasn’t semi realistic, Bret beat Flair, Shawn beat Bret but needed Jose to beat Sid and HHH and Hunter and a screw job to beat Bret. Savage won because Hogan drilled Dibiase with a chair.

I don’t like a lot of what WWE is doing but I think it it is only 1/3rd their problem because 1/3 is them, 1/3 is the companies paying them billions to not push the envelope and 1/3 is that while the wrestlers are getting more athletic than back in the day they are ruining the whole you can suspend your disbelief for a few things in the match. You cannot suspend reality and ever think the Young Bucks can beat you up in real life the same as what the f was the dude who managed Carmella that got over.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Supporting evidence for sure. I hadn’t thought of it before you mentioned him. But I disagree with you on Becky but brings up that Becky getting really over as hell and being the number 1 merchandise mover in the world yet the ratings didn’t really move raises the question of if she was really over. Same with the Fiend. Everyone on the internet hates the Fiend/Alexa/Orting angle. But I got 3 under 12 year olds right now who have made me DVR Raw. They force me to DVR Dynamite but then Google if Britt Baker was on then delete it if she isn’t.

You have to admit though, Wrestlemania 30 is a top 5 realistic title win in history though right? It’s not like he beat Hulk Hogan or some big guy. He won a triple threat after the other two hit finishers. IMO that is the best ever a little dude wins the title. I mean CM Punk winning wasn’t semi realistic, Bret beat Flair, Shawn beat Bret but needed Jose to beat Sid and HHH and Hunter and a screw job to beat Bret. Savage won because Hogan drilled Dibiase with a chair.

I don’t like a lot of what WWE is doing but I think it it is only 1/3rd their problem because 1/3 is them, 1/3 is the companies paying them billions to not push the envelope and 1/3 is that while the wrestlers are getting more athletic than back in the day they are ruining the whole you can suspend your disbelief for a few things in the match. You cannot suspend reality and ever think the Young Bucks can beat you up in real life the same as what the f was the dude who managed Carmella that got over.
Iirc, typically The fiend on SD had the rated segments or at least one of the highest. He hasn’t been on raw enough to really compare. And he did it all without corporate making an obvious heel turn become become a face like they did for other people who got over (previous examples include scsa and Becky).

WM30 was bad because it was a one armed Daniel Bryan, wrestling his Second match and he beat two hall of fame heavyweights. Who did not need some bearded weirdo stealing their well deserved spotlight.

I totally agree on Raws issues. With a large part of their 1/3 being they less than one hour of tv time is actually in ring stuff. They also don’t seem to notice what works. Or what did work. Frankly most people don’t want pro wrestling to make it, so I’d lean into it as far as you can go without USA or fox throwing you off the air. The closer to the attitude era the better.

and I put hbk, Bryan, and Becky below the young bucks in terms of believability in that specific regard.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iirc, typically The fiend on SD had the rated segments or at least one of the highest. He hasn’t been on raw enough to really compare. And he did it all without corporate making an obvious heel turn become become a face like they did for other people who got over (previous examples include scsa and Becky).

WM30 was bad because it was a one armed Daniel Bryan, wrestling his Second match and he beat two hall of fame heavyweights. Who did not need some bearded weirdo stealing their well deserved spotlight.

I totally agree on Raws issues. With a large part of their 1/3 being they less than one hour of tv time is actually in ring stuff. They also don’t seem to notice what works. Or what did work. Frankly most people don’t want pro wrestling to make it, so I’d lean into it as far as you can go without USA or fox throwing you off the air. The closer to the attitude era the better.

and I put hbk, Bryan, and Becky below the young bucks in terms of believability in that specific regard.
I get your anti Becky but you really the middle aged bucks are more believable that Bryan and HBK?