• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official LOL@the lakers...

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
agree with all of this, but Ingram is close to $8 mil next season in salary. Could move Hart, as well, and free up $10-11 mil if they wanted.

The way things are looking, some of those guys are probably going to be traded. Rumors are that the Lakers are listening to offers for all of them.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The idea is to make sure that he's their best player foir the whole contract. Again, we're talking about 33 year old (now 34) Lebron. Not 29 year old Lebron. Even with as much of a physical freak as Lebron is, he's not indestructible and Father Time will eventually get him, just like he does everyone else.

The Lakers and Lebron knew that they aren't winning a title this year. Even if they had gotten PG, or Kawhi or anyone else, they weren't getting past the Warriors. So, they chose to try to preserve Lebron for the long term rather than go all in to win this year.

Also, the Cavs were in a different position because, not only was Lebron younger, but they had a up and coming star in Kyrie who was ready to take the next step and were able to bring in another all star in Love.
Tough spot....longer they wait more chance Lebron regresses.

I also think the Warriors get broken up after the season. win another and Durant might want to prove he can go elsewhere and win one. Or perhaps Klay or Green want more than GS is willing to pay. I don't think either is close to a max guy, but they might think they are.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way things are looking, some of those guys are probably going to be traded. Rumors are that the Lakers are listening to offers for all of them.
I'm sure Lebron is getting antsy, but if I'm the Lakers I'm not listening. He's locked in for 3 years. Need to do what is best for the Lakers. Not necessarily Lebron.

Also rumors now he wants Walton out. Call me shocked.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough spot....longer they wait more chance Lebron regresses.

I also think the Warriors get broken up after the season. win another and Durant might want to prove he can go elsewhere and win one. Or perhaps Klay or Green want more than GS is willing to pay. I don't think either is close to a max guy, but they might think they are.

I think KD leaves, but I doubt it will be to the Lakers.

I'd be beyond shocked if Klay goes anywhere. That guy has it made and seems to love his life there. No reason to change. Especially since he doesn't seem like a guy who's concerned about credit for what the Warriors have accomplished.

I doubt Boogie stays as well. He's playing for the payday he missed out when he got hurt. So, the Warriors should definitely be more vulnerable next year.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes and no. I'm sure that, despite his own calls for patience, Magic's getting competitive and wanting to see this team contend now. Especially since, before the injuries, there were people starting to predict that the Lakers would make the WCF.

But it's probably more about timing. The trade deadline is getting close and we're more than halfway through the season. So folks are starting to speculate about which FA's and top non-FA's (like AD) aren't likely to re-sign with their current teams and who among them might be available for trade now or in the off-season.

Imo, the Lakers are just doing what they have to do at this stage and being open to any possibilities.

Well I can't act surprised. I knew what usually happens to young players on LeBron teams, and someone like Kemba, Beal or Gasol definitely moves the needle against the Warriors but I got to admit I was pretty happy with the plan of keeping everyone and signing a star next offseason.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Jazz are definitely legit

there are 6 teams in the West definitely making the playoffs--- the Jazz, Blazers, Thunder, Rockets, Nuggets and Warriors.

those last 2 spots will go to 2 out of the Lakers, Spurs, Clippers, --- possibly Minnesota, or Sacramento.

Lakers are now 2 games out of the 8 seed and have a bear of a schedule coming up.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Jazz are definitely legit

there are 6 teams in the West definitely making the playoffs--- the Jazz, Blazers, Thunder, Rockets, Nuggets and Warriors.

those last 2 spots will go to 2 out of the Lakers, Spurs, Clippers, --- possibly Minnesota, or Sacramento.

Lakers are now 2 games out of the 8 seed and have a bear of a schedule coming up.

The playoffs should be pretty entertaining this year...Lakers fans will enjoy watching it from home

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Playoff games? I like money and watching it in the comfort of my crib or a bar better.

That shit probably super expensive too. The Cavs games use to be outrageous if you wanted good seats. Now it's like 100 bucks for row 1 in the center during the season, but it seems pointless to go now lol

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, though I'd worry that Magic might be like the typical fan and would rather get the better "name" player than the player who might be a better fit.

How are they not getting crushed for letting Randle walk? And the guy signed a very modest deal. To save cap room to MAYBE get a guy who may or may not even be a better fit than Randle, who is exactly what they need?

Randle also wanted out. They could've kept an unhappy player, but would that have netted the same results from him this year?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

All in for AD now that he has announced he won't sign an extension with the Pels. 2-3 young players, draft picks, and salary matching fodder will soon be in the mix to try to get that trade locked down. If New Orleans wants it done as soon as possible to get max value (before the draft), that eliminates Boston as competition for AD.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All in for AD now that he has announced he won't sign an extension with the Pels. 2-3 young players, draft picks, and salary matching fodder will soon be in the mix to try to get that trade locked down. If New Orleans wants it done as soon as possible to get max value (before the draft), that eliminates Boston as competition for AD.
Seems like the Cs or Lakers would need a 3rd team to get this done and match salary. Why would NO be the team to take on bad salary to make it work?

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,971.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do agree with some of this, but you cannot tell me if they could find shooters to go around Lebron they wouldn't want him. If the Cavs kept Lebron and made similar moves they would correctly get ripped for them.

My god.....Magic and LA let Randall go for next to nothing. Is he not exactly what that team needs? Could he not take pressure off Lebron?

Letting Randle walk was to free up cap space next summer and he didn't want to be in LA anymore.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like the Cs or Lakers would need a 3rd team to get this done and match salary. Why would NO be the team to take on bad salary to make it work?

Not 100% sure of their situation. But my guess would be that since they didn't re-sign Boogie (which is looking like a mistake) and now apparently know for sure that AD isn't coming back, they will be going into a full rebuild. Bad contracts can be a good thing when they come with other assets.

Take on some bad contracts that will expire in a couple of seasons with some draft picks and/or young talent that can be developed. Then, in a couple of seasons when those contracts expire, you have cap space to go after FA's.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Playoff games? I like money and watching it in the comfort of my crib or a bar better.

Yeah, I've been to a couple of Lakers playoff games. Playoff games are a lot of fun and the atmosphere is definitely better than a regular season game.

But it's also a hassle as far as fighting traffic, the expense of it all, etc.

Plus, my recliner is more comfortable and there are no lines for beer or the restroom (and I don't think Staples allows weed smoking lol).

I will say though, I was at a Lakers/Suns playoff game when Barkley was with the Suns and that was one of the most fun games I've ever been to. Barkley was almost more fun to watch before the game than during it. lol

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lakers can use KCP to match the salary, and he's an expiring contract. They are also thin at SG, so KCP could give them some useful minutes.