• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official LOL@the lakers...

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also think they all understood that a championship would be a hard thing to accomplish this season, but this past month has been kind of suspect. It almost seems like LeBron was taking his time coming back just to see how they would perform without him. I'm not saying that's a fact, just how it seemed to me.

I think that's probably part of it. The Lakers have some big decisions to make re: Lonzo, Ingram, Kuz, Hart and maybe even Zubac.

Are they trading any or all of them? Or are they going to show what they have and convince the Lakers (and Lebron) to keep them and just try to add another star with their cap space?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now there are rumors about the Lakers being open to trading any of the young guys for either a 3 & D guy on an expiring contract or a superstar. If the plan wasn't to compete for a championship then it's kind of weird to trade one of your recent draft picks for a 3PT shooter who probably isn't move the needle very much against a team like the Warriors.

If the rumors are true then someone's run out of patience, probably Magic.

Yes and no. I'm sure that, despite his own calls for patience, Magic's getting competitive and wanting to see this team contend now. Especially since, before the injuries, there were people starting to predict that the Lakers would make the WCF.

But it's probably more about timing. The trade deadline is getting close and we're more than halfway through the season. So folks are starting to speculate about which FA's and top non-FA's (like AD) aren't likely to re-sign with their current teams and who among them might be available for trade now or in the off-season.

Imo, the Lakers are just doing what they have to do at this stage and being open to any possibilities.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Magic wasn't talking about what the Cavs did with Lebron as far as going to the finals. He was talking about how much Lebron had to do in order for the Cavs to accomplish what they did.

Lebron had to do literally everything for the Cavs to win. The Lakers realize that Lebron is closer to the end of his career than the beginning and so does he. They are trying to create a situation where others can carry more of the load (ball handling, play making, rebounding, etc.) during the game so that at the end of close games and in the playoffs, he has the energy to do Lebron things.

Believe me, after the last several years, the Lakers and Magic would love to have a similar result to what the Cavs got the last 4 years, they're just trying to do it without running him into the ground. That's part of the reason they aren't trying to rush him back from this injury.
I do agree with some of this, but you cannot tell me if they could find shooters to go around Lebron they wouldn't want him. If the Cavs kept Lebron and made similar moves they would correctly get ripped for them.

My god.....Magic and LA let Randall go for next to nothing. Is he not exactly what that team needs? Could he not take pressure off Lebron?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs are missing their entire front court

Love and Thompson starting and Nance Jr. as a backup- missing all for long stretches this season hurts.

When you look at those 3- for the PF and C position- there erally arent many better 3-somes in the East for the front court than those 3.
also missing Nwaba, nothing special, but a solid defender....and D is a huge issue for them.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Stephenson had a quote after he signed where he essentially said "I can't believe LeBron actually wanted me". I think Magic, Pelinka, and LeBron all signed off on the plan for this season before anything was ever decided. I also think they all understood that a championship would be a hard thing to accomplish this season, but this past month has been kind of suspect. It almost seems like LeBron was taking his time coming back just to see how they would perform without him. I'm not saying that's a fact, just how it seemed to me.

Now there are rumors about the Lakers being open to trading any of the young guys for either a 3 & D guy on an expiring contract or a superstar. If the plan wasn't to compete for a championship then it's kind of weird to trade one of your recent draft picks for a 3PT shooter who probably isn't move the needle very much against a team like the Warriors.

If the rumors are true then someone's run out of patience, probably Magic.
I don't think they ever thought they were winning a title. Not even sure Lebron cares. seems Lebron wanted to be in LA and nothing else really mattered.

If it were about winning a title he had other better options.

But it is funny seeing the fanboy media taking it easy on Lebron and Magic, while Gilbert and his FO would have been ripped had they made the same moves if Lebron had stayed. Hell, they get ripped for not being able to match the move of a 73 win team signing the 2nd best player in the game......and no one has beaten that team other than the Cavs.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers would have loved to have been able to keep Randle. He was a cap space casualty.

They had to let him walk and renounce his rights to create the cap space to sign Lebron and another star player.

Basically, he came up for an extension at the wrong time.
That's exactly the point. They didn't sign "another star player" and guess what. Randle might be better for the Lakers than any star they would have signed, and would have come for far less. Magic is like the typical fan and cares more about name than actual talent and fit it seems.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven't been here long so I'll just hope you are joking.
You're a clown. Make an argument or GTFO. Those teams all have better overall C-PF-SF combos than Cleveland

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, we have his first 3 years. It wasn't pretty.
agreed......but part of that is a 1-8 stretch early in the first year when they still had guys like waiters and no JR and shump yet. In addition, many of the games Kyrie and Love (or both) also didn't play.

Then there's this.......THOSE teams were built to play with Lebron, so seems likely they'd struggle when he didn't play.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think they ever thought they were winning a title. Not even sure Lebron cares. seems Lebron wanted to be in LA and nothing else really mattered.

If it were about winning a title he had other better options.

But it is funny seeing the fanboy media taking it easy on Lebron and Magic, while Gilbert and his FO would have been ripped had they made the same moves if Lebron had stayed. Hell, they get ripped for not being able to match the move of a 73 win team signing the 2nd best player in the game......and no one has beaten that team other than the Cavs.
Actually no one beat that team, you mean the team before they signed KD

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that's probably part of it. The Lakers have some big decisions to make re: Lonzo, Ingram, Kuz, Hart and maybe even Zubac.

Are they trading any or all of them? Or are they going to show what they have and convince the Lakers (and Lebron) to keep them and just try to add another star with their cap space?
Lebron is locked in another 2 years so I would not care what he wants.....do what makes the team better now and when he is gone in a few years.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes and no. I'm sure that, despite his own calls for patience, Magic's getting competitive and wanting to see this team contend now. Especially since, before the injuries, there were people starting to predict that the Lakers would make the WCF.

But it's probably more about timing. The trade deadline is getting close and we're more than halfway through the season. So folks are starting to speculate about which FA's and top non-FA's (like AD) aren't likely to re-sign with their current teams and who among them might be available for trade now or in the off-season.

Imo, the Lakers are just doing what they have to do at this stage and being open to any possibilities.
do you think there is merit to any of Durant's comments. I do. Especially after seeing a guy rumored to be all but signed there and from the area (PG) chose to play with Westbrook in OKC.

For sure Durant nailed it when talking about the fanboy media. Win in LA and Lebron will get the credit. Lose and he wont be blamed. My God, look how much the cavs get ripped for the Kyrie deal when the only reason there was a deal was he didn't want to play with Lebron......in addition, the Cavs told Lebron they'd keep him if Lebron committed to stay. He wouldn't. shouldn't Lebron get more blame than he did (or at least less on the Cavs)?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're a clown. Make an argument or GTFO. Those teams all have better overall C-PF-SF combos than Cleveland
I will say I agree with the majority of teams you mentioned, and will even admit my comment was somewhat out of line. Orlando though? Debatable. You get Love and TT are good players, right?

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say I agree with the majority of teams you mentioned, and will even admit my comment was somewhat out of line. Orlando though? Debatable. You get Love and TT are good players, right?
You get Vucevic, Gordon, and Isaac are better players, right?

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
was talking any GS team the last 4 years.
I know but GS had a pretty big addition 2 years+ ago. Cleveland didn't beat that team, and no one else will either

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You get Vucevic, Gordon, and Isaac are better players, right?
To start a team, sure, as they are younger. But if Love plays he is probably better than Vuc. TT is what he is and any team would want a double double guy who can play D and brings it whenever he is on the court. Isaac is at best so far a dime a dozen player if that. Agree Vuc is a stud and Gordon is, too.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know but GS had a pretty big addition 2 years+ ago. Cleveland didn't beat that team, and no one else will either
I don't think anyone will either, but Cleveland did beat a 73 win team who no one else beat. Might have done it twice if not for unfortunate injuries (though GS not a 73 win team that year).

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To start a team, sure, as they are younger. But if Love plays he is probably better than Vuc. TT is what he is and any team would want a double double guy who can play D and brings it whenever he is on the court. Isaac is at best so far a dime a dozen player if that. Agree Vuc is a stud and Gordon is, too.

Vuc > Love right now. You are overvaluing your own guy (which is very normal for fans). Gordon > TT. Who is the third frontcourt player on the Cavs, Nance, is he better than Isaac?

Point is Wiggy made one of his usual homer overvaluing Cavs posts, and I responded with 6 teams that easily have better frontcourts, in the East alone. Yes Love is a good player, and TT is a nice role player. But this is not the year to even try to compare the Cavs to other teams, they are terrible, and on purpose. Once LeBron left that was all they could do, is tank.

But if I'm a Cavs fan, it's all worth it. I was happy for them winning their one title.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think anyone will either, but Cleveland did beat a 73 win team who no one else beat. Might have done it twice if not for unfortunate injuries (though GS not a 73 win team that year).

Yes injuries helped us in 2015 and helped you in 2016 (not to mention a key suspension). And even in 2016 you guys barely squeaked out a win in 7 games. It all still counts, but let's not kid ourselves about who was the better team that year at full strength. It was a major upset, and good for them. I was happy for Cleveland and LeBron.