• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Free Agency Thread (Post all signings here)

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Tate trade off the table?
10:08 AM ET
Ben Tate | Texans

Earlier this week, a rumor began to make the rounds -- possibly originating from Jeff Schudel of the News-Herald -- that the Cleveland Browns were talking trade with the Houston Texans, and that their target was Ben Tate. In theory, Tate could provide an answer to the "Who will be the Browns' starting running back this fall?" question, but it now appears that we can toss this rumor in the trash.

"Forget anything you read or hear about the Texans considering trading RB Ben Tate to Browns," John McClain of the Houston Chronicle tweeted Thursday morning. "Not going to happen."

The Texans found out last season that having both Tate and Arian Foster on the roster is a huge advantage; when one gets injured, the other is there to pick up the slack. Furthermore, running them as a committee backfield keeps both of them fresh for the latter stages of the game, when a strong ground attack can seal victories.

It seemed unlikely that the Texans would choose to delete such a player from their roster -- unless they were getting a first-round pick back in exchange -- and now we can all but officially kill this rumor.

crash

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
i really can't see them passing up on blackmon

Richardson is a starter day 1 and they can get a kendell wright,Stephen Hill with that 22th overall pick...They also could go qb with Ryan Tannehill cause it doesn't seem like McCoy is there future starter

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
from Eminem:
Things to watch for Day 3 of free agency . . .

--Manningham is definitely an option for the 49ers -- depending on what it'll take to sign him. Also, receiving options Early Doucet (Arizona) and Eddie Royal (Denver) remain available. The 49ers have already visited with Chaz Schilens and Brandon Lloyd, according to sources. Ted Ginn visited the Detroit Lions on Wednesday, and the 49ers have nobody reliable right now to handle kickoff and punt returns. Royal, a skilled return man, is scheduled to visit San Diego on Thursday.

--The 49ers are in the market for help at running back. Mike Tolbert (San Diego) is slated to visit with the Kansas City Chiefs, who signed Peyton Hillis to a one-year deal. If Tolbert remains out there, he's someone who could interest the 49ers.

--Right now, Daniel Kilgore is the front-runner for the 49ers' starting job at right guard. But expect the 49ers to bring in some veteran to compete with the youngster.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peter King‏:

"Matt Flynn flying to Seattle today. Seahawks serious about him. Miami may need a Manning decision by late Friday to get in on Flynn."

crash

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
from Eminem:
Things to watch for Day 3 of free agency . . .

--Manningham is definitely an option for the 49ers -- depending on what it'll take to sign him. Also, receiving options Early Doucet (Arizona) and Eddie Royal (Denver) remain available. The 49ers have already visited with Chaz Schilens and Brandon Lloyd, according to sources. Ted Ginn visited the Detroit Lions on Wednesday, and the 49ers have nobody reliable right now to handle kickoff and punt returns. Royal, a skilled return man, is scheduled to visit San Diego on Thursday.

--The 49ers are in the market for help at running back. Mike Tolbert (San Diego) is slated to visit with the Kansas City Chiefs, who signed Peyton Hillis to a one-year deal. If Tolbert remains out there, he's someone who could interest the 49ers.

--Right now, Daniel Kilgore is the front-runner for the 49ers' starting job at right guard. But expect the 49ers to bring in some veteran to compete with the youngster.

i'd like for us to bring back ginn but at the right price!! I'd love for us to sign Manningham that means we could use crabtree as bait to move up in the draft

crash

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Matt Maiocco of CSN Bay Area is reporting that ex-Carolina tackle Geoff Schwartz has visits set up with the Detroit Lions, Kansas City Chiefs and San Francisco 49ers.

Schwartz (6-6, 331 lbs), who is 25, was a seventh round pick in the 2008 NFL Draft out of Oregon. He has played in 32 games starting 19.

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miami could be the odd team out if they fail to land Flynn. They might have to reach for Tannehill.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matt Barrows‏:

"The 49ers announce they have released cornerback Shawntae Spencer. he was due to earn $3.3 million this season."

No Surprise

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'd like for us to bring back ginn but at the right price!! I'd love for us to sign Manningham that means we could use crabtree as bait to move up in the draft

Interesting idea - I wonder what Crabtree would bring on the open market - At this point in time, I doubt Crabtree would get as good a contract as Morgan did yesterday.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eric Branch‏:

"A non-free-agency tidbit: #49ers were one of 15 teams at Toledo pro day on Tuesday. One player of interest: CB Desmond Marrow (6-3, 210)."

Nice Size

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tolbert and manningham i would be happy with. Altough they might both be looking for more then we can offer.