• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Free Agency Thread (Post all signings here)

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if we sign johnson there is no hope of going back to the playoffs

who says Johnson has to be brought in as the starter, why not a nice back up?

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peyton to Tennesse!!!!!!!!!!! wow.... surprised he ended up in the AFC South afterall...

Peyton vs Luck!!!!! that's TWO primetimes in the making next season...

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Manningham would disappoint me unless he signs for considerably less than I expect he'll get. Lloyd scares me for big money. Laurent Robinson would have been a 49er as a rookie had I got my way. I'd probably go harder at him than Manningham and Lloyd but I could see Robinson getting much more than I'd be comfortable with.

I want NO part of Josh Johnson even with Harbaugh around. Harbaugh makes it a little less worrisome but I hope they don't spend the time on him.

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the news on Manningham.....

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Peyton to Tennesse!!!!!!!!!!! wow.... surprised he ended up in the AFC South afterall...

Peyton vs Luck!!!!! that's TWO primetimes in the making next season...

Well, it's not a done deal yet. It's just a visit.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Patriots signed Jonathan Fanene to a three-year contract. Financial terms not given. That's a great fit, in my opinion. Could be even better with the right numbers. They also re-signed special teamer Tracy White.

Raiders released John Henderson and Cooper Carlisle.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Joe Reedy reporting that Frostee Rucker is expected to sign with Cleveland by the end of the day.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ManningWatch: What about Hasselbeck?
March, 14, 2012
Mar 1412:53PM ETEmailPrintComments236By Mike SandoThe Arizona Cardinals and San Francisco 49ers showed interest in former Seattle Seahawks quarterback Matt Hasselbeck last offseason.

What might happen if Hasselbeck hits the market again in 2012?

The question comes to mind while Tennessee Titans owner Bud Adams makes a strong push for quarterback Peyton Manning.

Adams' interest, expressed emphatically over the weekend, initially seemed like bluster. But with Manning and the Titans meeting Wednesday, there's at least a chance. Manning would get to face his former team, Indianapolis, and the happy-with-Matt Schaub Houston Texans two times apiece per season.

If Manning lands in Tennessee, the Titans would proceed with 2011 first-round choice Jake Locker as their backup and projected future starter. Hasselbeck would be out.

[+] Enlarge

Jim Brown/US Presswire
If Matt Hasselbeck becomes available, he could be an intriguing option for several NFC West teams.The Cardinals could make room for Hasselbeck by declining to pay a $7 million bonus due to Kevin Kolb by Friday. We're dealing in the hypothetical at this point, but so are the teams. As much as the Cardinals want Manning, they must prepare alternate strategies. They could have a choice between Kolb and Hasselbeck if Manning landed in Tennessee. Hasselbeck would upgrade the position on the field, in my view, while giving the Cardinals a veteran mentor for Skelton.

Hasselbeck ranked about the same as Kolb in NFL passer rating last season, but much higher in Total QBR. Hasselbeck suffered from losing top receiver Kenny Britt to a season-ending injury. The Cardinals would presumably welcome his ability to make quick decisions, a problem area for Arizona last season.

Quite a few NFC West watchers have also asked whether Kolb might land in Seattle if the Cardinals released him. My sense is that Seattle could be in the market for a range of quarterbacks at sub-starter prices. Matt Flynn and Chad Henne are visiting this week. Kolb would present another option if the Cardinals parted with him.

Manning would be the only available quarterback Seattle would pay starting money this offseason, in my view. Previous reports have suggested the Seahawks were not in contention. The latest news story from ESPN's Chris Mortensen offers at last some hope even though Seattle does not appear to be under consideration at this time.

"Manning has not eliminated any of the teams with which he has previously met -- the Denver Broncos, Arizona Cardinals, or Miami Dolphins, nor has he closed the door on possibly meeting with other teams," the story says.

As for the 49ers, they appear most likely to re-sign Alex Smith. Hasselbeck would be an obvious alternative for them if he became available and Smith's situation with the 49ers changed.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Chris Myers to visit with the Titans tomorrow.

Chargers sign Kory Sperry to a one-year contract.

crash

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The New York Jets revealed Wednesday that the club has re-signed kicker Nick Folk.

Folk connected on 19 of his 25 field goal attempts last season and converted all 44 of his extra-point tries.

The 27-year-old Arizona product made a career-high 30 field goals for the Jets in 2010. He spent his first three seasons with Dallas.

Read more here: Jets retain K Folk - Wire NFL - The Sacramento Bee

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Brandon Carr is leaving Dallas without a contract. That's a surprise. He may still wind up signing there but I think almost everybody expected that a deal would get done with them soon.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Brandon Carr is leaving Dallas without a contract. That's a surprise. He may still wind up signing there but I think almost everybody expected that a deal would get done with them soon.

That is a surprise! Oh well, I don't like the Cowboys anyway!

He should go to Tampa next

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Vikings re-signed DT Letroy Guion to a 3-year contract.

Colts and Redskins reportedly interested in Evan Mathis (Schefter).

Mike Adams to visit Denver (Aaron Wilson).