• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Free Agency Thread (Post all signings here)

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Laurent Robinson, Andre Caldwell, Eric Winston, and Ben Grubbs are the only FAs left that interest me, and in no particular order.

Oh, and Manning. What happens to Locker if Tennessee lands Manning? If he tradeable?

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Dammnnnn! That's a shocker, why is that? Has his level of play gone downhill over the years? I thought he was one of the better Gs in the league. Do you know anything in particular, Pozz as to why they would make this move? Seems strange to me.

:director: Upgrade over Snyder. We need to disregard entertaining Leonard Davis and sign this guy instead.

Well, he did miss all of the 2011 season after undergoing back surgery in the preseason for a herniated disc. He was set to make over 6M in base salary this year and next. That may have played a part in it. I can't find anything about the back still being an issue but that may have played a part in it. Jason Pinkston, who took over for him this season, was a first year starter and everything I have found says that he had a horrific season. I suppose it's possible the team still has faith in him as a starter. I really don't know for sure what the reasons may have been to be quite honest but those are all the things I looked to first.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Laurent Robinson, Andre Caldwell, Eric Winston, and Ben Grubbs are the only FAs left that interest me, and in no particular order.

Oh, and Manning. What happens to Locker if Tennessee lands Manning? If he tradeable?

No way would they trade him. They probably keep him for the 2-3 years they have Manning and boot Hasselback. They just spent a very high first round pick on him.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Schefter reporting that the Eagles have signed DeSean Jackson to a 5-year deal worth 51M. Thank goodness. Even though I highly doubted the 49ers were ever THAT interested.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Highly doubtful. I'd be shocked. Hasselbeck would be the one to go according to everything I've read. Cleveland would then have an interest in Hasselbeck.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Well, he did miss all of the 2011 season after undergoing back surgery in the preseason for a herniated disc. He was set to make over 6M in base salary this year and next. That may have played a part in it. I can't find anything about the back still being an issue but that may have played a part in it. Jason Pinkston, who took over for him this season, was a first year starter and everything I have found says that he had a horrific season. I suppose it's possible the team still has faith in him as a starter. I really don't know for sure what the reasons may have been to be quite honest but those are all the things I looked to first.

He did miss 2011...I forgot about that. Well, thanks for the info as always I knew you'd come through.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Sh8t, I'd give our first this year and our 3rd this year. Maybe throw in a conditional pick next year as well.

How about you?

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sh8t, I'd give our first this year and our 3rd this year. Maybe throw in a conditional pick next year as well.

How about you?

1st and 3rd this year Locker? In a heartbeat.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Highly doubtful. I'd be shocked. Hasselbeck would be the one to go according to everything I've read. Cleveland would then have an interest in Hasselbeck.

Ya, I figured. Just a little bit of wishful thinking on my part.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joe Fortenbaugh reporting that the Browns will release Eric Steinbach at 4 p.m. ET.

Cowboys also signed Lawrence Vickers.

Somewhere Cocoa is crying in his cereal.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How about you?

I would imagine Kapernick would have to be part of that trade. There is no way the Titans trade Locker regardless, so it really doesn't matter. I would love to have Locker though since we are speaking hypothetically.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
PFT reporting that the Manninham visit will happen on Thursday.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they'd hold on to Locker, at Manning's age they would still need a QB of the future. Seems like Hass would be the odd man out, not Locker. Although, I wouldn't rule out shopping Locker to make the team better today. And then just worry about a QB after Manning retires in 2 or 3 years.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I forgot to include that the Browns and Steinbach have reportedly left the door open for a return but at a reduced price.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh and wtf is Tebow doing by dating slutty bones Taylor Swift?

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm trying to post anything that's already been posted but I don't recall seeing this yet. Derek Anderson returns to Carolina on a 1-year deal.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

I think they hold onto him as the backup/future of the organization. Best-case scenario Manning has 3-4 more years at a high level. Tough to see him playing well into his 40s.