• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Broncos News/Rumors Thread

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think C or G is still a hole as well as TE. No one at TE can stay healthy

Oh I do agree there is still other needs on the team and places that could be upgraded. Heuerman signing doesn't mean that TE is off the board by any means but I think his signing at least gives the Broncos a little breathing room to not have to take one at 10 to feel secure about the position.

Same with the OL. We at least have 5 guys on the roster right now with starting experience within the past season. I definitely expect the team to keep looking at the OL and trying to find somebody either in FA or the draft to hopefully become a starter.

I just think looking at the roster Off-Ball Linebacker is the one spot I can point to and say "I don't think we have anybody that is a good fit for what we need."

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am concerned at S too. Amos would have looked amazing in Orange and Blue.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am concerned at S too. Amos would have looked amazing in Orange and Blue.

The two players I really wish the Broncos could have gotten signed were him and Hicks to play LB. Those two added would have made our defense probably tops in football.

listopencil

I've Seen Better Days
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The nice thing with all of these moves is at this time I would say the only position left that the team absolutely would have to use a high pick on is Off-Ball Linebacker. Otherwise the Broncos have at least competent players at most positions.

I agree. I am hoping that ILB White is our pick at #10.

listopencil

I've Seen Better Days
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think C or G is still a hole as well as TE. No one at TE can stay healthy

I'm not seeing a TE or OG worth the #10 pick this year. With a trade down I'd be all for it though.

listopencil

I've Seen Better Days
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are 3 players in this draft that could possibly make it to our pick that I am running to the podium if they are there. Quinnen Williams, Ed Oliver, and Devin White.

Man. I would go apeshit if we somehow got Williams at #10.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My personal view is the Broncos have good talent at Safety already on the roster. Jamal Carter and Dymonte Thomas have each shown good flashes of talent, but have been injured. Will Parks - is a tough nosed safety who is awesome on STs.

Plus Kareem Jackson plays safety and cb equally well. Fangio now has Simmons and Jackson who both can play safety or cb - this means Fangio can disguise anything. Su'a is still there (still only 23) - he can play safety or ilb. Callahan and Harris, each top notch defending the slot receiver - they too can switch off.

In the defensive backfield the Broncos - have the talent and versatility to play all kinds of tricks in actual coverage - post the snap of the football - thus getting into the QBs head that he can't trust what he sees. Also - lots of safety blitzes can be called when you have guys who can switch off like that.

This defense only needs the side line to side line ILB and the nose tackle to be stacked. I'll bet Fangio has a plan for that.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heurman is a strange signing given his injury history and letting Paradis go because of his. I think paradis is worth his contract then Jeff is with his.Would have rather have Tyler Eifert if you want to sign a injury plagued TE.

Based on priorities not addressed ILBer is #1 so that is an easy target at #10.

Giants are said to have no interest in Haskins. QBs could be there at 10.

If lber or OLineman selected at #10 gotta feel comfortable with who made that decision fang or chak

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heurman is a strange signing given his injury history and letting Paradis go because of his. I think paradis is worth his contract then Jeff is with his.Would have rather have Tyler Eifert if you want to sign a injury plagued TE.

Based on priorities not addressed ILBer is #1 so that is an easy target at #10.

Giants are said to have no interest in Haskins. QBs could be there at 10.

If lber or OLineman selected at #10 gotta feel comfortable with who made that decision fang or chak

It’s easier to sign a guy for 9 million than it is for 28 million whrn you don’t have that much money left anyway

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
John Elway was willing to let Matt Paradis walk because of ankle
Posted by Darin Gantt on March 18, 2019, 12:10 PM EDT
gettyimages-1059266502-e1552925342901.jpg

Getty Images

The Panthers were eager to add former Broncos center Matt Paradis, for their one foray into outside free agency.

But his old team didn’t sound interested in investing him at all.

Via CBSSports.com, Broncos executive John Elway said he had “big concerns” about his former center’s medical report.

Paradis suffered a broken fibula in early November, and he said when he met with Panthers reporters last week that he expected to be cleared by June. The Broncos replaced him in the lineup with former fifth-round pick Connor McGovern.

“Connor is our center right now,” Elway said. “I think that obviously we didn’t want to lose Matt, but we had real concerns about the ankle. That is why that didn’t work out. I’m happy for Matt. I really am. I’m happy for Matt that he got the opportunity in Carolina. It had nothing to do with Matt’s ability, but we had big concerns about that ankle. Like I said, I’m happy for Matt that he got what he got from Carolina. I hope that works out for him.”

The Panthers gave Paradis a three-year, $27 million deal with $12 million guaranteed, with the anticipation of him replacing Ryan Kalil in the middle of the line. Having him healthy enough to do that would be a big first step.

Share this:

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

TIM PATRICKWR, DENVER BRONCOS

Broncos re-signed WR Tim Patrick to a one-year, $570,000 contract.
Patrick was an exclusive rights free agent. A second-year UDFA who was forced into heavy snaps for the Broncos' undermanned receiver corps in 2018, Patrick responded by making some big plays down the stretch. He out-produced Courtland Sutton in the four games following Emmanuel Sanders' Achilles' injury. Standing in at 6-foot-4 with 4.5 speed, Patrick, who is 25, has the profile of a potential late bloomer.

SOURCE: Mike Klis on Twitter
Mar 7, 2019, 5:53 PM

I missed this

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lastly, one of the best parts of the terms of the deal is that it provides some insurance against the 2020 offseason exodus of Shelby Harris, Derek Wolfe, and Adam Gotsis. All three see their contracts expire this year and their cost could become onerous to Elway’s budget for the position. Kerr serves as a pretty solid insurance policy that the Broncos won’t have to completely rebuild the position next year.

Grading Elway’s Offseason

This link explains if Callahan stays healthy it is basically goodbye Harris ...IMO a very stupid Idea

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lastly, one of the best parts of the terms of the deal is that it provides some insurance against the 2020 offseason exodus of Shelby Harris, Derek Wolfe, and Adam Gotsis. All three see their contracts expire this year and their cost could become onerous to Elway’s budget for the position. Kerr serves as a pretty solid insurance policy that the Broncos won’t have to completely rebuild the position next year.

Grading Elway’s Offseason

This link explains if Callahan stays healthy it is basically goodbye Harris ...IMO a very stupid Idea
Remember what Pittsburgh used to do with their linebackers? They would continue to draft and develop young talent behind their starters. When contracts came due and a starter became too expensive, they let them go to other teams and replaced with the next man up. Kept their defense strong and consistent for several years.

Denver should strive to do the something similar with their defense.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Broncos will meet with Drew Lock

Broncos will meet with Drew Lock

Dwayne Haskins said on Wednesday that he has a private meeting lined up with the Broncos and he’s not the only quarterback prospect who will be spending time with the team in the near future.

Mike Klis of KUSA reports that Drew Lock will also meet with the team as they sift through their options ahead of the draft.

The former Missouri quarterback drew positive reviews for his work at the Senior Bowl in January and has long impressed scouts with his size and arm. There was a report after the Senior Bowl came to an end that Broncos General Manager John Elway was enamored with Lock, although that was before the Broncos made a trade with the Ravens for Joe Flacco.

Given Flacco’s age and recent play, it’s not surprising that they’d still be looking at other long-term options at the position. Flacco’s contract can be dispatched without any dead cap money ahead of either of the next two seasons and that makes it easier to consider adding another quarterback in the first round.