• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official according to TG, Marty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every rumor Ive seen on Zach has us involved..latest one was either us or Chicago..before that it was either us or Pittsburgh.

I wonder if that means Pittsburgh is out?

devils30mb

King "Marty" Kong
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is great....a little high like others mentioned but we did get him at a discount through his prime and I guess we could reward him. Even if he might not play much the second year, I see him providing mentorship to whoever will take over. His calmness and attitude to preparing for every game is quite valuable.

I couldn't stand the thought of him finishing off his career elsewhere. I remember hearing Dreger mentioning he would fit great with Toronto by providing mental mentoring to their young goaltending since him and allaire didn't see eye to eye on how the position would be played. Also you can't really teach Marty's method since it is a hybrid and more reactive....you basically have to have the instinct. To fathom the thought of him finishing his career with a different team...ugh!

Not to mention this should be a great positive for Parise. If a 40 year old legend wants to come back, who wants to win the cup one last time, then their must be some substance to him feeling this team can compete, a long with management...who show they are committed.
Come on Parise sign with the Devils.

Then, all we need is Beek to get another investor who is wealthy and bent on a competing team, which may be one of the hurdles/unknown Parise is worried about. Time is ticking and NHL has put the deadline of August 23rd, if I recall correctly. Lets get this all done!

devils30mb

King "Marty" Kong
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of the pieces that came out from Brodeur.
The key to the new deal was the Devils' eventual willingness to give him the extra year, Brodeur said. Adding the length of the contract was more important than the money because of the potential of a lockout this upcoming season. Two years provides stability and the assurance that he will have somewhere to play.

Something else I like what Brodeur is doing....trying to get Parise to sign.
Brodeur spoke with Parise several times on Sunday, and then again on Monday morning. He even planned a couple more calls if necessary. He also talked to Lamoriello about Parise while working on his own deal.

"Zach is a priority of the Devils," Brodeur said. "You have to put pieces together to form a team, and he is a piece of it, like Hedberg is a piece of it. Zach is a franchise player at this stage of his career. We are definitely waiting impatiently for his decision and hopefully he is coming back with us."

Here is the link....forgot to add.
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=399751

Last edited by a moderator:
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact that Zach is stretching this out tells me he's leaving. MY feeling is if he wanted to re-sign with us THAT BAD he would've already because he's got everyone else's offer by now you'd think. He knows what they are willing to give him and what we are willing to give him.

MadCaptain

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Next stop is to sign Semin and we can finally forget that we missed out on the Marty for Semin trade. Who would have though that there would be a chance to have both guys!

DevFan60

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the right hands Semin can shine. Guy got great skills and was not bad during Caps playoff.

kellmit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be quite worried about Semin.. he has alot of talent but tends to be a floater and I don't know if PDB is the coach that can get him moving

devil421

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #2
That is high imo.

I was thinking 2 year 5 million.

4.5 cap hit for a 40 year old who shoild be getting less and less starts its huge. Esp if he retires next year.

Let's not forget moose had better stats and made 1.25 and same age.

How did Moose do in the playoffs? Oh thats right, he sat while Marty nearly won another Cup. I think that's worth a good bit of cash when you know your 40yo goalie can still compete at that level. You were very quiet on this forum after the first series btw. Hopefully they let Hedberg go and bring up a youngen that Marty can teach.