• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Offensive Blame Game

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right on the official website. They would be better at the remaining plays because they would not be wasting practice time on the rest. More practice equals better execution.

How in the hell would the Patriots know what we are cutting out?
I'm guessing since you used the figure (20 percent) that would mean that once the Patriots see a play, it's likely to come back faster since were cutting so much out of our play book.

I think the Lions would be better off including 20 different new plays as opposed to cutting the play book.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Old Lion, I found your percentage report to be true. Google is a wonderful thing if ya got 10 seconds.
Super it was reported. Nice to know......So are we dumbing it down? I would think we should be expanding it by now.

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Super it was reported. Nice to know......So are we dumbing it down? I would think we should be expanding it by now.

If the offensive problems are due to an overly complex playbook, how does expanding help?

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
God damn it Gump! Youreagoddamngenius! That's the most Oustanding answer Ive ever heard.

You must have a God Damned IQ of a hunderdan sixty!!!!

I bet we didn't cut out the "Chuck it Deep to Calvin in triple coverage" play. It's that time of year.

Last edited by a moderator:

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm really excited about the Lions going back to spring training to f' with the playbook.
Hell, if you don't know what you're doing, how are the Pats going to know?????

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who reported it? And why would it help....Just less film or scheme the Patriots would have to watch.

How so? I heard this argument from one of the talk show host guys, and I gotta say, it doesn't hold water.

Why is that you ask? Because we didn't tell them which 20% we're cutting out, so they still have to prepare for everything they've seen on tape so far.

Shit, Lomboner could tell them he's cutting out 95% of the play book, and the Pats preparation would still have to be the same because they'd have no idea what plays were cut and what ones weren't...

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right on the official website. They would be better at the remaining plays because they would not be wasting practice time on the rest. More practice equals better execution.

How in the hell would the Patriots know what we are cutting out?

'Zactly!

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm guessing since you used the figure (20 percent) that would mean that once the Patriots see a play, it's likely to come back faster since were cutting so much out of our play book.

I think the Lions would be better off including 20 different new plays as opposed to cutting the play book.
Our playbook is well over 200 plays from my understanding. Cutting out 40 of those still leaves us with at least 150 plays. I guess I'm not sure how many plays an offense runs in a game, but it's damn sure well under 100 I'd imagine, so we wouldn't have to run the same play twice if we didn't want to.

There's really no disadvantage to announcing that we're trimming down the playbook this week. Coaches think of all this shit, so they wouldn't do anything that stupid on purpose like that...

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
God damn it Gump! Youreagoddamngenius! That's the most Oustanding answer Ive ever heard.

You must have a God Damned IQ of a hunderdan sixty!!!!

I bet we didn't cut out the "Chuck it Deep to Calvin in triple coverage" play. It's that time of year.

A- for the quotes. B- for not being able to get the video to load.

And if you had added something like this:

"If it wouldn't be such a waste of such a damned fine Bus Driver, we'd recommend you for Head coach. You are going to be a GM some day."

I could have upped your grade.

Last edited by a moderator:

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not talking about his stats. I'm talking about watching him play.. His size and movement skills are unique. If the OC can't figure a way to get the most out of him, then shame on him.

At least the blame has passed from Stafford to the offensive coordinator now. All I know is -- I watched him play last game and twice he had quick hitters thrown to him when he was single covered and he was tackled immediately both times, which is why I made the comment to throw the ball to someone who can gain yards after the catch (Golden Tate). He also was absolutely atrocious with his blocking, to the point where they actually broke it down how bad he was in the post game "highlights".

I still think he will finish up as an alright TE in the NFL. It was just a huge wasted opportunity by the Lions to draft an impact player with that draft pick, IMO.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least the blame has passed from Stafford to the offensive coordinator now. All I know is -- I watched him play last game and twice he had quick hitters thrown to him when he was single covered and he was tackled immediately both times, which is why I made the comment to throw the ball to someone who can gain yards after the catch (Golden Tate). He also was absolutely atrocious with his blocking, to the point where they actually broke it down how bad he was in the post game "highlights".

I still think he will finish up as an alright TE in the NFL. It was just a huge wasted opportunity by the Lions to draft an impact player with that draft pick, IMO.

I 100% agree it was the worst draft pick we could of made at the time. I would of took Taylor Lewan to be honest.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time to cut another 20% I guess.

Cutting down on the drops by 20% would be nice.