• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Off Season Question Of The Day.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still got a laugh!
Do the write this stuff at an airport bar on their way to an assignment?
In all honesty, I think they get paid by someone to write a specific piece. The parent company they work for does really care because their name is always associated with the writer. Click, click, click.

Hey, my son has a Facebook page where he draws fantasy creatures and charges people by the month to see his scribbles. He charges more for anyone to view the real artwork. People will pay for anything.

1620921234591.png

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think every kid should be assigned a chit with the average amount of what each kids cost to educate in public schools. The parents are responsible for turning in the chit to the school every year. The state will then write a check for that kid's education when the chit is turned in.

Private or public or charter the state writes the check to that school. In state or out of state, it doesn't matter. So if the state says that each child costs $25,000 a year to educate, then the state has to write a check for $25,000 for every kid in grades kindergarten through college senior. That's one way to keep all educational costs in line and economic. Including college. Problem with my idea is that certain factions would find some way to make it difficult because it's too easy for the public to see and vote with.

Let's say that in a City A the cost of education is $15,000 but in City B it's only $12,000. After the state looks at what it will put into the Education Fund, it determines that the average allotment will be $13,000. You know City A will bitch that they should get the extra $1000 that City B supposedly doesn't need. And so it would go. The best part would be that any kid who wanted to attend college would have the state education chit as a means to defray Tuition and Board.
So the private and charter schools are getting the same amount per student as the public schools from the state? Am I understanding this correctly?

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because part of the taxes they pay fund public schools?
Yes.
Public schools are more and more viewed as indoctrination methods by some, a place where bullying is tolerated by others, does not follow religious beliefs by other groups. Or parents may just disagree with current curriculum.
Whatever the reason, If a family is paying private school tuition, or even home schooling, they deserve to see a tax benefit.
Not dollar for dollar, but a percentage, or dollar for dollar up to a certain point.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes.
Public schools are more and more viewed as indoctrination methods by some, a place where bullying is tolerated by others, does not follow religious beliefs by other groups. Or parents may just disagree with current curriculum.
Whatever the reason, If a family is paying private school tuition, or even home schooling, they deserve to see a tax benefit.
Not dollar for dollar, but a percentage, or dollar for dollar up to a certain point.
So based on this we would have to know what portion of the average persons taxes go toward public schools and give that person a break based on what ever that percentage is. Not sure I agree I think that sets a bad precedent. What's next people who cannot afford a car or ride bikes by choice should get a break because they don't use roadways? Maybe someone want to set up their own home security system they no longer have to pay a portion of the taxes that pay police etc.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So based on this we would have to know what portion of the average persons taxes go toward public schools and give that person a break based on what ever that percentage is. Not sure I agree I think that sets a bad precedent. What's next people who cannot afford a car or ride bikes by choice should get a break because they don't use roadways? Maybe someone want to set up their own home security system they no longer have to pay a portion of the taxes that pay police etc.
Add in that a ton of the funding is from local property taxes... Ever try working with a local bureaucracy?

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, cities, counties and states would need to assign a percentage of taxes that fund the schools. Should be easy enough to figure out, with budgets that nee to be approved as to where each approximate dollar goes.
People who ride bikes do get a tax break. There are taxes on gasoline that go toward road maintenance. Every gallon bought for a lawn mower or speed boat puts extra money in every road commissioners pockets.
You and I pay taxes for our kids to receive an education. Even if we do not have kids or our kids are grown and gone.
If the school zone that you are in does not provide the education, or a portion of what is expected from the school, than they have the option of going somewhere else. If a child is not being taught math (an extreme example but common core math can be VERY confusing to some) then would you not think that child should be taught math?
If they are not being taught history, should they not have the ability to be taught history?
A kid in Georgia dove out the window of a bus to escape bullying and broke his arm and got a concussion. The schools want to say they are not responsible for a child's safety when not on school grounds, but they want to suspend a child for curling three fingers in and pointing with their forefinger with a thumb up.
Schools give good grades for essays that take a liberal stance and failing grades for a essays that take a conservative stance.
Why should people pay taxes to support the unions that promote these agendas and then pay again to receive the education that should be taught. Fair, unbiased, and equitable.
I believe a security camera will help the police find the culprit rather than help me be a vigilante and hunt down a villain if I am not home during a break in.
Conversely, I believe a 1911 will help the police rather quickly identify and apprehend a villain if I am home at the time.

Colt full size.
.45acp.
Tritium sights

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I have smoke alarms and fire extinguishers...no I don't think that I should not pay for fire departments.
I have a first aid kit or three. I don't believe I should not have to pay for paramedics to be on stand by.
I have a car and two SUV's. I am fully ok with my taxes subsidizing public transportation as well.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I have smoke alarms and fire extinguishers...no I don't think that I should not pay for fire departments.
I have a first aid kit or three. I don't believe I should not have to pay for paramedics to be on stand by.
I have a car and two SUV's. I am fully ok with my taxes subsidizing public transportation as well.
You are capable. Do you think society as a whole should help care for and protect those that are less capable?

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question's of the day with my Massachusetts liberal friends. What a great time!
If you are referring to me, I'm a moderate. I don't think handing out money solves any problems. I don't believe welfare provides is an effective solution and would prefer someone figure out how to implement a "workfare" system. I believe in helping others for a greater good, but as an investment that has a means to pay back anything taken from a system. I don't believe a government institution administering any of these ideas would ever work because everything government usually becomes pork in someone's belly.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you are referring to me, I'm a moderate. I don't think handing out money solves any problems. I don't believe welfare provides is an effective solution and would prefer someone figure out how to implement a "workfare" system. I believe in helping others for a greater good, but as an investment that has a means to pay back anything taken from a system. I don't believe a government institution administering any of these ideas would ever work because everything government usually becomes pork in someone's belly.
Not addressing you.
I'm addressing the fact that there are liberals and conservatives and I'd like to avoid either when I'm on SportsHoopla.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the private and charter schools are getting the same amount per student as the public schools from the state? Am I understanding this correctly?
Under the plan that I would like to see, yes.

If younhave a child who has exceptional ability in math or science and you want to send him toa school that specializes in them, then the money that is being given to you local public school for him should be given to him.

Like Southie says, public schools are becoming extremely left. Discipline is basically gone and most have a gull time cop just incase a kid brings a 9MM to school. Jewish kids have been subject to bullies and discrimination for decades. And teachers are protected by the union unless they actually get caught with their pants down with a student.

Most of my ill will is from trying to deal with public schools. Mostly in the last 8-10 years as guardian for my grandson.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My granddaughter asked to go to private school because all her friends were smoking pot and having sex.
We are all pitching in to keep her safe.
Her mom is barely squeeking buy to pay.....

Not your problem?
It is all our problem when our schools are not safe......

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not your problem?
It is all our problem when our schools are not safe......
In this day and age, when a kid doesn't feel safe, they're not. When they don't have a problem telling an adult, it's a huge problem.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should America legalize prostitution?

Yep I love me some whores

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, fuck yes.
Selling things is legal, sex is legal, but selling sex is not...???

Tax it, track it, and regulate it.
Get rid of the traffickers and any health risk.
Perfectly Put

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, legalize it nationally along with marijuana and tax the hell out of them both. Talk about a sin tax.