• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Odell Beckham says NFL players should "get paid more"

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beckham how bout the people that work 12 mos at Walmart at $10 bucks an hr

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beckham how bout the people that work 12 mos at Walmart at $10 bucks an hr

Those people are there because they have no dissernable skills. ODB has a skill set that only what 100 people in the world have?

The ":play more games" argument is bunk. Baseball and NBA players play more games cause they can. I heard an interview with Michael Robinson, former hawks fullback, he said after games he could barely get out of bed the next day his body was so jacked up.

Now you have the owners/goodell making players play on 3 days rest (thursday night) and I dont disagree that players should be paid more. the NFL makes 2 BILLION dollars MORE then MLB!!!!! two billion more

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, please dont ever say "they knew what they were signing up for with the cba" or they should negotiate a better deal next time. The players have ZERO leverage, the owners can just wait them out, since most players shelf lives are 3 years, they simply cannot afford to lose a THIRD of their career earning potential.

Yes Aaron Rodgers is loaded. his kids kids kids are set for life. But there are only what 20 top shelf top paid QB's?

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those people are there because they have no dissernable skills. ODB has a skill set that only what 100 people in the world have?

The ":play more games" argument is bunk. Baseball and NBA players play more games cause they can. I heard an interview with Michael Robinson, former hawks fullback, he said after games he could barely get out of bed the next day his body was so jacked up.

Now you have the owners/goodell making players play on 3 days rest (thursday night) and I dont disagree that players should be paid more. the NFL makes 2 BILLION dollars MORE then MLB!!!!! two billion more
It has nothing to do with if they can play. It has to do with the number of days worked in addition to roster size. The NFL may generate more money as a whole, but it is dispersed among-st a larger pool of people.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,931.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:pound:

Out of touch with reality.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It has nothing to do with if they can play. It has to do with the number of days worked in addition to roster size. The NFL may generate more money as a whole, but it is dispersed among-st a larger pool of people.

What constitutes days worked? Are you only giving them credit for game days? You do realize they dont just show up every sunday play a game then say ok see ya next sunday. So your not giving credit to the hours of practice, film study, strength and conditioning work, medical treatment, I read a story that Russell Wilson who made about 500K last year shows up at the seahawks practice facility at 6 am and usually stayed until around 8 pm. Are you saying those days aren't work?

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You really think that ODB has more skills?

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What constitutes days worked? Are you only giving them credit for game days? You do realize they dont just show up every sunday play a game then say ok see ya next sunday. So your not giving credit to the hours of practice, film study, strength and conditioning work, medical treatment, I read a story that Russell Wilson who made about 500K last year shows up at the seahawks practice facility at 6 am and usually stayed until around 8 pm. Are you saying those days aren't work?

He is saying games played. The players only get paid their contract salary over 17 weeks. Which directly correlates with number of NFL games played. If they worked more, meaning played more games, they would get paid more.

Wilson made $662,434 last season. If I was getting paid that kinda money, I would be working 70+ hour work weeks too. As it is, I am working 50+ hour work weeks for 1/8th his salary.

The only answers there are to increase players salary is to either:

-Increase the revenue by playing more games.

or

-Reduce the workforce & have a smaller pool of player to split the pie with.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know I'm not saying that. Players in the other major sports are required to work more days and there are less people to pay. It's pretty simple math.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is saying games played. The players only get paid their contract salary over 17 weeks. Which directly correlates with number of NFL games played. If they worked more, meaning played more games, they would get paid more.

Wilson made $662,434 last season. If I was getting paid that kinda money, I would be working 70+ hour work weeks too. As it is, I am working 50+ hour work weeks for 1/8th his salary.

The only answers there are to increase players salary is to either:

-Increase the revenue by playing more games.

or

-Reduce the workforce & have a smaller pool of player to split the pie with.

Wilson is the (ill be conservative as to not start that debate) the 10th best quarterback in the entire world. You are (not knowing your profession) most likely in a job that there are 10 people on your wing of the floor of your office that are just as good as you. In no way shape or form comparable. Also if you were to leave your job, odds are your employer can find your equal replacement in a matter of days or weeks. Just ask Cleveland how easy it is to find a quarterback.........

We're going to just agree to disagree I guess. But ill say one last thing, other sports NBA, MLB to some extent dont really make the owners money, They make all their money if/when they sell. The NFL owners are making money hand over foot.

But if you're comparing a super bowl winning quarterbacks salary to yours, then we will never come to any common ground, so good day sir.