• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Observations From The Game

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm gonna pull back the reins a little. We looked good and I love improvement over moving backwards, but...no offense, it was the Raiders. They happened to be the first team we beat last year. While it's still preseason, I will be very interested to see how the starting D plays against Houston. Their offense is legit. I don't think we'll get a true sense of where our D is until the regular season but this match-up will be intriguing to see.

Our offense will remain a mystery until the bullets are live as well. Week 4 will be a big time test but we better crush Dallas and Seattle at home. Not saying we will crush them, but we should.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
If we see 2009 Spencer than he would be a solid #2 but 2010 Spencer not so much.

Not really worried about the D and pass rush as Fangio is keeping things close to the vest and Smith is still a WIP so it's unrealistic to think he's going to go right out of the box and be a monster right off the bad.

I would say I'm cautiously optimistic after the game because we have competent coaching for a change and the team especially the offense played with a certain crispness that I haven't seen in a long time.

In the past it seemed like the offense had to labor for every yard and score and it never looked smooth. Against the Raiders it just seemed like it was easy and the offense was actually enforcing it's will on the defense which I can't remember the last time that's happened.

Again it's one preseason game and I think Houston will be a better indication if their is something building or if it was a one week thing. Think it's unrealistic to expect them to drive the ball like they did against the Raiders but hoping they look like a competent offense out there.

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The coaching staff doesn't seem to be particularly high on Spencer.

Mozart'sGhost

"Floating In My Tin Can, High Above The World...."
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If we see 2009 Spencer than he would be a solid #2 but 2010 Spencer not so much.

Not really worried about the D and pass rush as Fangio is keeping things close to the vest and Smith is still a WIP so it's unrealistic to think he's going to go right out of the box and be a monster right off the bad.

I would say I'm cautiously optimistic after the game because we have competent coaching for a change and the team especially the offense played with a certain crispness that I haven't seen in a long time.

In the past it seemed like the offense had to labor for every yard and score and it never looked smooth. Against the Raiders it just seemed like it was easy and the offense was actually enforcing it's will on the defense which I can't remember the last time that's happened.

Again it's one preseason game and I think Houston will be a better indication if their is something building or if it was a one week thing. Think it's unrealistic to expect them to drive the ball like they did against the Raiders but hoping they look like a competent offense out there.

You hit the nail right on the head with that one. The biggest difference is now they have competent coaching.