• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OBJ handing out cash to LSU players on the field after the NCG

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Caught on video. Burrow says it was real.

Smart move by OBJ

Real intelligent as theres likely no cameras around

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So rewarding them after the fact helped them win the game?

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So rewarding them after the fact helped them win the game?
No but he also ( reportedly ) gave money to guys who still have eligibility left.

Bayou Tiger

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Hoopla Cash
$ 600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a fucking goofball. Looks like he was loaded off his ass.

Burrow is finished school...he actually graduated from tOSU before he came to LSU. He got his Masters while at LSU.

So when he saw Odell started handing out the cash... he accepted. LOL.

He took the cash. No rule against him taking gifts at that time....

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a fucking goofball. Looks like he was loaded off his ass.

Burrow is finished school...he actually graduated from tOSU before he came to LSU. He got his Masters while at LSU.

So when he saw Odell started handing out the cash... he accepted. LOL.

He took the cash. No rule against him taking gifts at that time....
1) the school lied, saying it was fake and not real money.
2) some of the money was given to players who are returning.
3) OBJ is a richard.
4) Because of OBJ's stupidity, LSU is going to undergo a colonscopy by the NCAA and some sports reporters not associated with ESPN.
5) He also purportedly purchased game-worn jerseys from some of the players. If any of them are returning, the standard is set on this one (4 games - see Georgia).
6) It would be wonderful to see what the reaction would have been if this as a Big 10 team that just won instead of an SEC team.

All that said, if ANYONE thinks this doesn't happen at their school, they have a shortage of functioning brain cells. Most programs know not to do it on the field with 500 cameras around.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) the school lied, saying it was fake and not real money.
2) some of the money was given to players who are returning.
3) OBJ is a richard.
4) Because of OBJ's stupidity, LSU is going to undergo a colonscopy by the NCAA and some sports reporters not associated with ESPN.
5) He also purportedly purchased game-worn jerseys from some of the players. If any of them are returning, the standard is set on this one (4 games - see Georgia).
6) It would be wonderful to see what the reaction would have been if this as a Big 10 team that just won instead of an SEC team.

All that said, if ANYONE thinks this doesn't happen at their school, they have a shortage of functioning brain cells. Most programs know not to do it on the field with 500 cameras around.

To me the only part I'd be worried about is LSU lying about it. Their first comment should have been "we have heard speculation and are looking into it". They went full on Iranian Baghdad Bob on this.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m more interested in what kind of sweet ass buffet Trump feeds them, and the outrage to that.

DeafOranguntan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,105.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think every team does stuff like this, so it's not the action I'm worried about. I mainly think the NCAA should go full USC on them just because the people at this school are so damn stupid. You do it on national television. Players tweet about it and their selling their jerseys. The quarterback shows up the next morning on Pardon My Take still drunk and he admits that they got paid with real money. The school makes up an idiotic lie, not realizing that people are obviously going to fact-check them. And all this while LSU is going through a major Booster scandal with Funes.

Again, no issue with the boosters paying the players, because I think they all do it. But I can't think of a dumber school (not surprised they're one of the worst national universities) that put their "lack of institutional control" (though that's a stupid rule) on full display.

Gatorchip

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,015.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The reaction would be even lower, since a B1G team didn't win the national championship.

But as it stands right now, LSU is the National Champion*

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, no issue with the boosters paying the players, because I think they all do it. But I can't think of a dumber school (not surprised they're one of the worst national universities) that put their "lack of institutional control" (though that's a stupid rule) on full display.

And college men from LSU,
Went in dumb - come out dumb too

<flips quarter to Randy Newman>

TigerBait1971

Roll Tide? What? FUCK YOU! lolz
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think every team does stuff like this, so it's not the action I'm worried about. I mainly think the NCAA should go full USC on them just because the people at this school are so damn stupid. You do it on national television. Players tweet about it and their selling their jerseys. The quarterback shows up the next morning on Pardon My Take still drunk and he admits that they got paid with real money. The school makes up an idiotic lie, not realizing that people are obviously going to fact-check them. And all this while LSU is going through a major Booster scandal with Funes.

You got your ASS WHIPPED, lady!

LOL

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you KNOW in 15-20 years — they are going to have an E:60 how OBJ made 150+ million dollars and he is now broke and doesn’t understand how.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't see him hand cash to anyone who is coming back, but I might have missed it. If he gave cash to guys after the game who are going into the draft, who gives a fuck?

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m more interested in what kind of sweet ass buffet Trump feeds them, and the outrage to that.

No way he can give them the same shit he fed Clemson...that would be insulting

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LSU needs to self report, ban OBJ from all future sporting events (as he is an idiot) and players just need to donate the cash to a local charity.

They do that and this goes away and is done.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And college men from LSU,
Went in dumb - come out dumb too

<flips quarter to Randy Newman>

Oh, but the next two lines seem especially written about @TigerBait1971 :

Hustlin' round Atlanta in their alligator shoes