• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Oakland @ Mariners June 30-July 3

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll play the optimist here and say the second half should be better once we get Kyle Lewis, Mitch Haniger, Tom Murphy and Ty France back. Still don't know if that'll be enough to make the playoffs though.

One of the bright spots this year has been the rotation. I think a lot of us had doubts and wanted to add another arm, but they've been very good this year.
They play a bunch of the bottom teams over the second half, but also have like 12 games against the Astros and Yankees as well as a few other teams above .500.

This hole they have dug is going to be hard to get out of, with or without the guys that never seem to be healthy for long.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rather they win 2-1 than lose by that, but once again they barely score against the team in baseball with the worst run differential. Winker has to serve his suspension now. We won't see Lewis or Haniger until after the break.

It all means another full month of Freaking Toro in the lineup more often than not. Another month of having at least 3 guys each night hitting under .200.

Sure, they have a couple of bright spots. Starters have been very good, J-Rod has been exciting to watch.

But this team is going to do what Mariners teams always do. Give us fools gold for false hope and leave us with blue balls at the end.

MarinersBestFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the way Julio has been hitting the ball since that disastrous first month when he was getting all those awful strike calls, I think it's very possible he has a 30-30 season. He's currently on pace for over 40 steals, and he has 14 HRs over his last 60 games, if he continues hitting at that rate he would clear the 30 HR threshold.
I think he gets there this season also. The SB's are a given. His homeruns are coming in bunches and likely he has a couple multi HR games the 2nd half.

Not sure of the stats or frequency, but I will bet less than a dozen MLB players have accomplished a 30-30 season in the past 10 years. Trout for sure - Yelich I am certain of, after that I am not sure. No doubt Bonds did it a time or 2, not sure if in the past 10 yrs.

Msfann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rather they win 2-1 than lose by that, but once again they barely score against the team in baseball with the worst run differential. Winker has to serve his suspension now. We won't see Lewis or Haniger until after the break.

It all means another full month of Freaking Toro in the lineup more often than not. Another month of having at least 3 guys each night hitting under .200.

Sure, they have a couple of bright spots. Starters have been very good, J-Rod has been exciting to watch.

But this team is going to do what Mariners teams always do. Give us fools gold for false hope and leave us with blue balls at the end.
Much like if a tree falls in the forest and no one is there, does it still make a sound, will anyone notice when winker goes on suspension?

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Much like if a tree falls in the forest and no one is there, does it still make a sound, will anyone notice when winker goes on suspension?
He's been heating up at the plate lately. Like it or not, he's a better option than the drek they have behind him. You go from meh to holy fuck, how is that player in the bigs? pretty fast.